• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Transfering accounts...question/experience (1 Viewer)

stupiid

RedCents
I am interested in purchasing an account from gamepal, the customer service has stated they will provide all info for transfering....my question is, do i run the risk of getting the account banned if i want to switch servers? is there a safe way to do it. Looking for input and also any experience folks have had in regards to denyed transfers...Thanks

Stupiid

Im going to try to transfer a few toons to a new server. Question tho: It asks for the phone number, first and last name and email addy.....should i use mine or the old owners? And at the bottom it asks if the billing account is differnt whats the reason. What have you all used in the pass as an excuse thats worked?

Thanks

You would need to put the same information as the original owner, I believe.

If your billing info is different, just say your old card expired and this is a new one.

Probably just screwed myself, put my info in there since when i got the account i changed the info right away and did not save it.

stupiid said:
Probably just screwed myself, put my info in there since when i got the account i changed the info right away and did not save it.

Its quite possible you did. Its best to usually wait about 35-40 days after you change the billing and info into your name and info. This allows you to be charged for a cycle and gives their computer system that does the auto-verification a chance to be updated. That way you never have to deal with a human CSR who is going to ask for info that you might not have.

Anthrax

If it gets denied could i just try again down the road or you think they will flag my account?

Just an afterthought, diddnt see this post until just now.

I had an interesting talk with Sony the other day. I couldnt remember an account name. They were most helpful as long as i knew the propper billing info for the account. They looked me up by e-mail, asked me a couple questions and bam, had what I needed. If in doubt, call them, surprisingly, the customer service i recieved was top notch. The total time for the call was less than 20 mins, so respectable as well.

Also, they were aware that the account was not originally mine, but I knew the right blling info. No problems whatsoever.

Hope it helps someone.

:drink

I have transfered toons from account to account and from server to server by letting the billing roll over a month and then putting the transfer through using my information. As long as the billing on both accounts is the same card it usually works, occassionally I would get the denial email, which I would ignore and resubmit the transfer the next month or so and it would go through. I never use the box to explain anything, I personally feel that just gives them a reason to look.

Basically, since EQ1 is not exactly gaining new customers in droves, they (SOE) have become much more lax in letting transfers go through. A couple of years ago it was much harder to transfer.

These days it is as stated above: let both accounts have your billing info for over 30 days and voila! Transfer is done.

They do care.
2 weeks ago i transfered my char from one server to another and they asked me for full CC history of account.I did had it as it my original account, but if you don't have it it migth to be problem.

And another note - bougth account from gamepal.com and got response from them that they are refuse to give me CC numbers so no transfer from it (.Tbh it's my fault that i didn't checked FAQ, where they say it clear - if you buy acc from gamepal, you can't transfer char to another server.

Thats what I am saying, you can. Heres how, change the billing on the account you bought to your card. Let it go through at least one billing cycle, and what I did was use that card to register a new EQ account and requested a transfer from that bought account to the new one and I was not denied, I even changed servers. I actually have done this more than once. I was denied on occassion, but all I would do was wait a month and put it through again and it would work.

BobOfEQ said:
Thats what I am saying, you can. Heres how, change the billing on the account you bought to your card. Let it go through at least one billing cycle, and what I did was use that card to register a new EQ account and requested a transfer from that bought account to the new one and I was not denied, I even changed servers. I actually have done this more than once. I was denied on occassion, but all I would do was wait a month and put it through again and it would work.

oki i will try and let you all know if it's work

The rule now is 3 payments by the same CC#. They will waive that rule sometimes but if you have that it always works... The kicker is 3 "payments" not 3 "months" so if you pay for a year you could be screwed.

ogtest said:
**(Note that the Credit Card must match at least 3 consecutive subscription charges for source and destination stations)

Don't belive that.I had 3 years of same CC on one account, 1.5 months ago i asked to x-fer char to other server, and they demended full CC history for account.

out of own experience: they only request full history if they are really suspicious. and even if you only give the last one you are fine most of the times (and your current of course).

if you have been billed 3 times on your own cc chances are big they won't even look any deeper.

Its all about how good of a day the person getting the submission or the person on the phone is having. I have had one where they accepted no questions asked and then I had a gauntlet run.

Its about your attitude and their attitude and wether or not someone pissed in their cherios.

Transfering accounts...question/experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back