• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tradeskill Item Looting (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,466¢
I am currently working on some of my tradeskills on some characters and have started on Tailoring. It looks like I need a pretty massive amount of spider silk so I set out to EK to farm some spiders. I am using the PocketFarm macro to farm them which is working great. The issue I am running into is that I am looting a bunch of junk (things I would normally loot when just playing) but since I only care about spider silk I only want to loot that. Using Lootly, I don't want to change all the settings of all the other loot as that can get cumbersome with the diversity of loot that drops in this game. Is there an easy way to say "only loot spider silk right now"? Whether that be a different looting macro/Lua/plugin? I was looking at possibly writing a Lua for it but don't want to reinvent the wheel if there is something that may make this possible.

I am currently working on some of my tradeskills on some characters and have started on Tailoring. It looks like I need a pretty massive amount of spider silk so I set out to EK to farm some spiders. I am using the PocketFarm macro to farm them which is working great. The issue I am running into is that I am looting a bunch of junk (things I would normally loot when just playing) but since I only care about spider silk I only want to loot that. Using Lootly, I don't want to change all the settings of all the other loot as that can get cumbersome with the diversity of loot that drops in this game. Is there an easy way to say "only loot spider silk right now"? Whether that be a different looting macro/Lua/plugin? I was looking at possibly writing a Lua for it but don't want to reinvent the wheel if there is something that may make this possible.
Lootly? I generally just invite an alt to my group and click all the crap i dont want as Never on /advloot.

So you use the alt because Adv loot settings is character specific? Is that alt set to be the master looter then? That may be the key to what I was missing, because Lootly isn't character specific I didn't want to have to keep adjusting my loot settings. I tend to start a lot of new characters and I don't want to globally ignore items that I generally want to loot on lower level characters.

What I would do is make a copy of your loot.ini file. Then make all the modifications to =ignore everything you dont want. Then just change between the two when farming and not farming. You could even make 3 copies. Original_loot.ini / farm_loot.ini / loot.ini , just to be on the safe side.

If you use notepad++ you can ctrl+h and "find what" \=.* (this will select everything after and including the = sign) and "replace with" =Ignore. Hit replace all and now everything in your loot.ini is on ignore. Go down to spidersilk and =Keep.

Last edited:
I ended up creating a Lua script for this. I'm sure flipping between two Lootly ini's as you suggest would work just as well too. I will post my Lua script when I get home from work tonight (basically just ripped out what I needed from Lootly) in case it might help anyone else. It worked great using it with the pocket farm macro.

Forgot to followup here for anyone following this thread, but I have added the Lua script as a new resource to handle this.

Question - Tradeskill Item Looting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back