• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Trade Skill Limitation on F2P Account? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,453¢
I have been searching for an answer to this. But mostly came up dry. Anyone know if there are limitations on what you can do trade skill wise on a F2P account? Wife wants to start a separate account just to do trade skills, and she asked me about it. Not sure what to say even after some google-fu.

Last edited:
Solution
No restrictions for tradeskills per se but she will need tradeskill AA further along. So as a F2P she is limited to 250 AA.

Even if she were to pay for a month and auto grant the AA it would not matter since the tradeskill AA are not included in the auto grant. But she could earn unlimited AA during that month and apply those AA to tradeskill ones. So plan ahead if she goes this route and have lots of collects available to finish during that month (full collection set is bunch of AA) and do a bunch of Overseer and chose the AA reward.

She can buy stuff in the baz or sell to barter, a forager would be good for a character like Ranger or Druid. Watch deity if she is going to get involved in that. I made a few accounts with...
No restrictions for tradeskills per se but she will need tradeskill AA further along. So as a F2P she is limited to 250 AA.

Even if she were to pay for a month and auto grant the AA it would not matter since the tradeskill AA are not included in the auto grant. But she could earn unlimited AA during that month and apply those AA to tradeskill ones. So plan ahead if she goes this route and have lots of collects available to finish during that month (full collection set is bunch of AA) and do a bunch of Overseer and chose the AA reward.

She can buy stuff in the baz or sell to barter, a forager would be good for a character like Ranger or Druid. Watch deity if she is going to get involved in that. I made a few accounts with characters like clerics, shaman etc of different deity so I could imbue my own gems. After I created them I would pop them up to Icefall and pick up the stone so they would bump to level 13.

Also make sure she starts off doing the free quests in Cresent Reach or AB Sea. Either is good but many prefer AB Sea. That will get her to 51 in tradeskills, then go to west freeport and get the trophy quests. Might as well do them all at once, baking, tailoring etc. and they are much easier at the lower level.

Last edited:
Solution

Excellent info, thank you

I would recommend what previous people have said, prepare ahead of time and go gold for a month and be ready to spamm AA points into making out AA in trade skills.

I would power lever them at least over level 100 to get higher rewards when you go collection rewards. At 100 you should get about 10 AA per set. You will at least need level 51 to get all 6 New Tannan Crafting Mastery if you are planning on getting multiple skills past 200 to 250 but higher if you want all at 350.

I just glanced at one of my trade-skillers that isn't even halfway done she has tens of thousands of AA dumped into trade skills and she has most of them at 11 of 13 towards completion of the AA trade skills and each needs 60 AA for the next level.

You can probably get away with much less work if you're just planning on maxing out 1 trade skill per free account but becoming a true trade skill master is a huge investment. Good luck.
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

Question - Trade Skill Limitation on F2P Account?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back