• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - TOV Progression Guide? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
85¢
Hey my 6 toons are now all 113.5ish and Max AA's up to this point. Was looking to start the TOV progression quests to push to 115 as this has been suggested in multiple threads.

I have used the search function; and unless I am just searching the wrong terms, is there a guide on where to start this quest line as I have no idea on the path to follow for this.

You can either do the missions listed in the achievements section and/or start with the merc/part quests in EW and progress on. Not really sure there is anything special to it. The missions will give really good XP and can possibly take you to 115 if your crew can do them. Otherwise the merc/part quests are good xp as well.

You can either do the missions listed in the achievements section and/or start with the merc/part quests in EW and progress on. Not really sure there is anything special to it. The missions will give really good XP and can possibly take you to 115 if your crew can do them. Otherwise the merc/part quests are good xp as well.
K ill head to EW and search for those quest thanks

Hey my 6 toons are now all 113.5ish and Max AA's up to this point. Was looking to start the TOV progression quests to push to 115 as this has been suggested in multiple threads.

I have used the search function; and unless I am just searching the wrong terms, is there a guide on where to start this quest line as I have no idea on the path to follow for this.
tov.eqresource.com

AFAIK - just doing Paragon will get you to 115. But progression is good, especially if you plan on doing the RZ earring.

Note this though: Nothing in Kael is mezzable I believe. So be extra careful here as roamers are common and you can get overwhelmed pretty quickly. I hated the KD progression, and you need to pay attention to the quest order in there.

Last edited:
ZAM has a decent write up for the group progression on ToV, do the mercenary and partisans for each zone followed by the group mission and you'll be golden.

EW > GD > Velks > Kael > ToFS was the path I took. Kael was the hardest of the 4 mission zones but can be mitigated with some pulling finesse since mez wont work. Just watch for buggy spawns, had a named pop out of a wall one time during a pull and it wasn't even supposed to be near that location.

Progression -Never really focus this route but have realize it is time. Is there a way to get all of the merc/partison task in a zone utilizing your driver character for the group? Then do the turn ins with your driver and the whole group benefit.

Alternatively does each member of your group have to hail to get the task , handle their own looting and do their own turn in?

Progression -Never really focus this route but have realize it is time. Is there a way to get all of the merc/partison task in a zone utilizing your driver character for the group? Then do the turn ins with your driver and the whole group benefit.

Alternatively does each member of your group have to hail to get the task , handle their own looting and do their own turn in?
There are some of both. MOST are individual. A few (Eastern Wastes and Great Divide come to mind) are group.

Squirrly

Get this IMGui (Lua) Don't Make Me Say It. Makes questing so much easier. Makes your toons all "Hail" at the same time and then you can use a Quest Accept social for all to accept at the same time. Doing hand in's is a different story. There are addons to use but they all require that you type in the name of the item your going to handin. I find it easier to handin on each toon, mostly because I KNOW then that each one is done.

Have you ever done a quest and then find out when you go to hand in that 1 toon didn't actually have the quest? I have sheesh, what a PITA. And then I start calling myself all kinds of bad names, you know what I mean.

And sorry about the timing on this post, but I just saw it.

Vrak

I regularly use this resource: https://eqresource.com/
The ToV progression is: https://tov.eqresource.com/
I would like to try this but, when I click on the links above, all I get is an introductory page. I don’t see anything that tells me about quest, zone information, mobs, etc.
there are links on the side but, there is nothing like a walk thru like people said. Am I missing something?

If you're in GD and are hunting the Windchill Sprites, they spawn inside the mines where the undead dorfs are. The dorfs are their PH's also. They do take a while to get all 9 of them which is a bit weird as there are plenty of the other mobs.

Also watch the spawn time on those dorfs as if you're not killing them quick enough and head deeper into the mines, you'll have a nasty shock when they start popping behind you :)

I would like to try this but, when I click on the links above, all I get is an introductory page. I don’t see anything that tells me about quest, zone information, mobs, etc.
there are links on the side but, there is nothing like a walk thru like people said. Am I missing something?
The specific info is over on the left, where it says tier 1 and augs and armor etc, so you have to click on what you want. Sometimes it can be convoluted to maneuver around there on that site so what I do is a combo of eq resource and alla.

For example I would go here
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Through_Torment_of_Velious

and then chose which you want to do (should start in tier one I would think) - not the links at the top but scroll down a little where all the tiers are listed and the partisan and mercenary tasks ) and that link will take you to the Allah walk thru. So now that I have the name of the task I am going to do I then google "blah task blah tov eqresouce" and that will bring up those walkthrus that have nice maps

Last edited:
Question - TOV Progression Guide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back