• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - ToV Content but... no Bard (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,004¢
So I started my new team yesterday, and it's going pretty well. It may not be the BEST possible option but I think it will have massive survivability.

The team when I get to ToV will consist of the following Pal / Dru / Bst / Mag / Shm / Enc

In order to get the druid in the mix I have to give up my Bard, but I did add an Enchanter for CC. So here is the question. Those of you who are using Enchanter instead of Bard, how are you getting around in ToV without the group double invis?

Would you rather have the abundance of heals and ports by having Druid in the mix or would you bring Bard back and opt for double CC options? I'm thinking between Pal / shm / dru the surviabilty will be amazing and that is also three potential rezzers. However, would still have two rezzers without druid but a little less healing. I was considering having both druid and shaman on hybrid mode.

thanks again.

Sic is right. You can make a hotkey to hit IVU on pal (which has a cast time) and then regular invis form one of the others. One of my groups has no bard and this is how I have it set up - Hit Pal IVU, then /dex ranger to do his group camo which is instant, so it lands after pal starts casting but before ivu lands so he gets both. Has worked well so far.

Sic is right. You can make a hotkey to hit IVU on pal (which has a cast time) and then regular invis form one of the others. One of my groups has no bard and this is how I have it set up - Hit Pal IVU, then /dex ranger to do his group camo which is instant, so it lands after pal starts casting but before ivu lands so he gets both. Has worked well so far.

Ok, so I shouldn't need a pause or anything? Based on the thread Sic posted, it should look like this on Pally.

Just two lines

/alt act (whatever group pally invis undead is)
/dex druid (whatever group druid camo is)

or just have the chanter cast both, move your mage and call the group over to the mage. That's what I do for my mage heavy group with chanter/cleric/4xmage. Don't need to synchronize anything that way.

This is how I went through ToV before I had a bard -- paladin + enchanter double invis. Note however that due to the bodytype changes during ToL that many mobs see through both now.

Can confirm in ToV that the double invis with Pal and Enc works great. Even with the later changes they did there is no problem, at least in ToV. Mage is nice for getting around annoying zones like Velks or CC/RyGorr mines, just invis them and CoH in a safe spot like Zarroth mentioned.

This isn't a helpful post...

The best was to travel is to...
  1. Get a rog
  2. Murder mage
  3. Drag bloody corpse
  4. Merc Rez mage
  5. Rog says "No offense" while shrugging
  6. Mage had no hard feelings and coth everyone else
:dance:

This isn't a helpful post...

The best was to travel is to...
  1. Get a rog
  2. Murder mage
  3. Drag bloody corpse
  4. Merc Rez mage
  5. Rog says "No offense" while shrugging
  6. Mage had no hard feelings and coth everyone else
:dance:

Lol, I did this once. It is quite funny to see I'm not the only one who went /duel with your own characters lmao

I made mages and parked them where I needed them frequently. It's sooo easy to PL a coth bot.

Yeah, I need to get use to running mage to spots and using Coth. I never played one as a main so I'm always forgetting to get that done. I feel like the AA only does one person at time? Is there a way to do this with CWTN plugin command or just have to mem the spell each time?

Yeah, I need to get use to running mage to spots and using Coth. I never played one as a main so I'm always forgetting to get that done. I feel like the AA only does one person at time? Is there a way to do this with CWTN plugin command or just have to mem the spell each time?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call of the Hero:
/mag Coth <name> - Will use your AA Call of the hero on <name>, or try and use the Call of the Hero spell if you don't have the AA. We don't memorize Coth for you, so you
/mag
GCoth <name> - Will try and use your group call of the heros spell on <name>

-> Coth/GCoth NOTE <-
- You will still need to byos, or utilize something like turning off useSkinDS (makes your gem 9 empty) to memorize Coth if you want to use the memorized spell version
-- (we skip the regular coth spell if you have the AA, but this would apply for the group coth, or pre-AA coth, for example).
-- at least at this time, we're not memorizing it for you.

Around 97 or so they have call of the heroes from COTF or something. It's group coth. I don't know about a plugin or script or anything, although it doesn't look like it'd be difficult to come up with something like that.

PL'ing to 100 is cake so..and mages have their own AEs, which should make things a snap.

Question - ToV Content but... no Bard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back