• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Torment of Velious (1 Viewer)

dman2509

RedCents
742¢
Hey folks,

Was excited for my SK to finally hit 111 to get uber damage shield then realized I was stuck at 99.999% after 2 kills. Guess I need to purchase ToV expansion to level any further.
Any idea if ToV will eventually be included with gold accounts? Wouldn't want to buy it and find out it's going to be included in April.

I don't believe they announced when, by yes it will eventually .

Personally buying tol will allow you to go to 120, so I'd suggest getting it anyhow

TBL didn't hit FTP last year until June. I'd be surprised if they launched ToV in FTP much earlier, so I'd say just get TOL if you're wrestling with it. If you get it now you're likely able to just skip the next one if you want to since it's unlikely to have a level cap change.

Dinged to 111 and realized there is no more autogrant AA? What's the strategy now? Levels or AA? TIA
I ground out important 110 stuff then went to 120. Most would say stop at 115 and repeat what you did at 110. No wrong answer, you'll have to grind either way. They just changed autogrant to RoS in January - so again no more autogrants for a while.

If I could go back I would grind AA's vs grinding to 120. I look at Sic's ToV/CoV/ToL mission videos and the speed at which he opens a can of ass whip says it all. With the same gear and shit for AA's, I struggled due to lack of dps.......Just my 2¢

Once max AA @ 110 and moving to 115 and if you are levelling entire group as you go (instead of being PL), there may be some AA that you'll want to consider getting along the way.
Some of the Focus AA will be nearly required as they will not work on the new bad ass 112 spell you just purchased... meaning that old dusty 107 parchment does more damage.
Consider this into the equation as levelling.

Not sure why, but I like the rule of 30 seconds... if my group is struggling w/ XP mobs for longer than 30 seconds... I feel like my XP/hr suffers. What this means is that I've not got the gear/AA that I need for the content.
If you out-level your AA... then run the risk that you may not be able to kill dark blues efficiently. Then you'll be forced to drop back to lt blues in utter agony and defeat.

Question - Torment of Velious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back