• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Toon logs in to a different place than i logged out at (1 Viewer)

RedCents
920¢
Afraid to ask in game because I have been using these plugins so long. I can't tell anymore what the normal eq behavior is.
Anyways this has been happening for a long time. If I camp my groups in the guild hall my tank classes and only tank classes end up in everfrost or Ro when I log back in. Happens if camping like over night. If I log out and back in it doesn't happen.

Solution
Afraid to ask in game because I have been using these plugins so long. I can't tell anymore what the normal eq behavior is.
Anyways this has been happening for a long time. If I camp my groups in the guild hall my tank classes and only tank classes end up in everfrost or Ro when I log back in. Happens if camping like over night. If I log out and back in it doesn't happen.
this is everquest. it is because your guild hall "isn't spun up", so instead of delaying your toon coming online, they bump you to some outside some old instance - usually an LDON instance. if a toon has never been to something like that - it bumps you to outside the last instance you were in - like shei

your tank just ends up being your first toon you log in...
this is everquest. it is because your guild hall "isn't spun up", so instead of delaying your toon coming online, they bump you to some outside some old instance - usually an LDON instance. if a toon has never been to something like that - it bumps you to outside the last instance you were in - like shei

your tank just ends up being your first toon you log in, the other toons log in after and your guild hall is spun up by then

Solution
This is because your guild hall spins down (as part of the overall strategy to de-activate unused zones and save server energy). Your tank class is likely the first toon you launch, and therefore he ends up at the last instance he entered (or the default, Ro) when he logs in. His hitting the GH causes it to spin up, so the remainder of your toons actually log in there. Next time try logging a single different toon in first, and I bet that one ends up in the same place.

Thank you for the Information. makes sense, I use auto login and tanks are always first in my groups.
I tweaked things so a caster or two is top of that order - they can more easily gate back from wherever.

The same thing will happen if you camp out in an instance - and even sometimes when you get booted. Every time my shaman is kicked from... Final Fugue? I think? He ends up in PoK.

One of my old guildies didn't believe me on this cause they never camped in the guild hall - they never left it!! Or they just camped where they had been fighting. They thought I was stupid for camping out in the lobby all the time. One time I camped out, they camped out of the hall and when I logged back in I was in an LDON zone. Happens. No biggie to me.

But so long as someone stays in the guild hall when you camp in the guild hall, it won't send you somewhere else on log in. So its not usualy noticable if your in a large guild and there is always someone in the hall.

That’s interesting you guys get punted to LDON zones. Whenever I’ve seen this I get parked in PoK outside the PoTranq stone. I especially see this if I’ve forgotten to bind a toon somewhere other than their default in the tutorial and then they die, try to go there but are too high level, then end up in PoK.

That’s interesting you guys get punted to LDON zones. Whenever I’ve seen this I get parked in PoK outside the PoTranq stone. I especially see this if I’ve forgotten to bind a toon somewhere other than their default in the tutorial and then they die, try to go there but are too high level, then end up in PoK.
Maybe if you haven't done any LDON?

Not sure, I just figured it was because I have done LDON and all my characters get the Port Stone at level 15 or as soon as they can

IIrc some dev said in the past that it ports you to other instanced zones in your history since the guild hall instance is not loading fast enough.

I always wondered why it didn't work the other way. If you log out in an LDON or DS or other instanced then why doesn't it pop you to your guild hall? Instead we get loaded in right next to that instanced but they can't load us right outside of the guild hall. ;)

Question - Toon logs in to a different place than i logged out at

Users who are viewing this thread

Back