• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - TLO Spawn (1 Viewer)

RedCents
353¢
Trying to use spawn to tell me when an npc corpse says something. I am using "|${Spawn[Npccorpse]}| says#*#" but of course that is not working. How can I accomplish this?

Or better yet, how can I relay says from MQ2Say to MQ2Discord?

Last edited:
Your spawn search will match multiple so you can't guarantee you'll get the one you're looking for, you're better off being specific (something like "corpse says"). But if you just want to relay all MQ2Say stuff to Discord, add a filter to Discord for "[MQ2Say]#*#" and then add an AlertCommand to MQ2Say with something like "/discord process [MQ2Say] ${SayWnd.LastSpeaker} -- ${SayWnd.LastSay}"

Your spawn search will match multiple so you can't guarantee you'll get the one you're looking for, you're better off being specific (something like "corpse says"). But if you just want to relay all MQ2Say stuff to Discord, add a filter to Discord for "[MQ2Say]#*#" and then add an AlertCommand to MQ2Say with something like "/discord process [MQ2Say] ${SayWnd.LastSpeaker} -- ${SayWnd.LastSay}"
Still kind of a newb here, but do you use the quotes ("") or no when we are entering these parameters? Specifically I want MQ2Discord to relay back to me all messages from MQ2Say and MQ2Paranoid and currently it's not working. I have MQ2Spawnmaster setup and I am getting messages relayed to Discord from that plugin so I believe the bot etc is set up correctly.

Last edited:
Still kind of a newb here, but do you use the quotes ("") or no when we are entering these parameters? Specifically I want MQ2Discord to relay back to me all messages from MQ2Say and MQ2Paranoid and currently it's not working. I have MQ2Spawnmaster setup and I am getting messages relayed to Discord from that plugin so I believe the bot etc is set up correctly.
No quotes. But you can also just test it from the chat window:
/discord process [MQ2Say] Is this thing on?

Hey Sic. Thanks for the reply and thanks for all you do :). Your videos are great 👍🏼. I do have MQDiscord already set up and it does relay MQSpawnmaster info across , but basically I’d like to get guild and general chat pushed to me as well if that’s possible. Used to be great back in the days when we had the EQ Messenger program for the PC. Used to be able to chat with guildies while I was away from my gaming machine. Would be nice to have that ability again. Not sure why they abandoned the messenger program to begin with 🤷

Hey Sic. Thanks for the reply and thanks for all you do :). Your videos are great 👍🏼. I do have MQDiscord already set up and it does relay MQSpawnmaster info across , but basically I’d like to get guild and general chat pushed to me as well if that’s possible. Used to be great back in the days when we had the EQ Messenger program for the PC. Used to be able to chat with guildies while I was away from my gaming machine. Would be nice to have that ability again. Not sure why they abandoned the messenger program to begin with 🤷
yes, so you can configure discord to relay any of that information you wish. should post in the mq2discord thread (this is tlo spawn thread)

Question - TLO Spawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back