• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Time for Hardcore Heritige (1 Viewer)

Anything worthwhile to farm from this event?
I always load up on named drops from the zones and hand them out in POK. Though considering the low population of the server I'm on, much/most of it goes unclaimed. IMO it's just a fun excuse to go visit old zones.

For bards, there's Bloodfiend's Throat Gem in HH CT that gives you an AA passive +9% singing skill. There's also a Darkened Box of Nil-Space, a 40-slot bag down in Seb, but it's always camped on my server.

NOTE re the Bloodfiend mob: The label on Brewall's showing it's spawn in the lizard maze is not right. It spawns in the courtyard. Zone in, run through the first doors, clear that courtyard space, lizards up on the ledges on either side of the courtyard, and lizard behind the other double doors across the courtyard (static spawn). I have seen it spawn in all those spots. The other night I went in and got 2 gems on about 6 kills. Gave away a bunch of the 71-76 gear to people in the NewPlayers channel.

Last edited:
Thanks. Found a few useful items from an old thread on here.

Darkened Breath of Harmony (Bard Clicky)
Darkened Journeyman Stick (Malo proc)
Darkened Box of Nil Space (40 slot bag)
Darkened Cone of the Mystics (Tanks for non-dmg primary, Rangers for primary when bowing)

Aw man! I wish my toons were high enough to join in the fun. Looks like some great gear is to be had. Hopefully, by the time the next one comes around, I can join the party.

Oh, I forgot that some people purposefully cap a lower level group for PLing. So if you have a group capped at like 105 to PL from, 75 to 90 to wrap up PLing on your main group, you won't have access to Conflag gear (106) and the lvl 105 drops (Glowing whatever) from Seb will be your best F2P gear available.

Of course, if you are not doing that, Conflag is a big upgrade 1 level later, so it wouldn't be worth bothering with the Seb gear for the most part.

Bard Sword off of Blood of Chotal in Sebilis is a must. (rarish 1 in 2 days so far)
You can also get cool 2HS weapons there for Pally, Zerk, SK
SK Bracer (2400 DD) 2 minute recast dropped there
Pally Arms Clicky dropped
Ranger Arms CLicky Drop there...
Cone off of Blood if good for non-riposte
Warrior Bracer in zone is instant click 2 minute recast of of myconids/junk is also a must

If you get into Emperor's area there's a 40 slot bag (really really rare) - so far it's been 24/7 camped in 3 servers I play in

If you go after king you can get the awesome Regen Staff for Druid, Shaman, BST, stacks with everything
3 awesome augs drop off of trash

BP from Glowing gear is awesome stacks with COTF/Anguish, extends critical disciplines
Glowing armor seems pretty cool for junk alts...so definetely collect it so you don't have to camp fm or farm/make conflagrant.

Something I have recently noticed with HH, I'm sure all you veterans already know. It seems mobs for epics don't spawn during HH? Was in Old Seb with my group for berserker 1.5 and the ancient seb wouldn't spawn after clearing trash about 5-6 times while in raid/exact area I was supposed to be in.....

Just curious ... what's the value of a non-damage primary to a tank?
This is useful so you don't riposte damage to your target and you can control how fast you kill something. We used to just fishing pole for this, but the cone of the mystic has some stats. Truth be told, anytime this is necessary, the stats on the Cone are going to be irrelevant, might as well just be using the fishing pole - but it's something cool anyway.
This can be helpful if you are PL'ing a lower level character such as gathering up a large train of targets with an SK then the character getting PL'd can do slight damage to each mob before the SK applies a damage shield to cause the mobs to die. The lowbie gets all the xp this way for deep red con targets.
Also useful if your high level doing lower level raids/content and you don't want to kill a target faster than an event timer needs to run - doing so can cause events to get buggy.

This is useful so you don't riposte damage to your target and you can control how fast you kill something. We used to just fishing pole for this, but the cone of the mystic has some stats. Truth be told, anytime this is necessary, the stats on the Cone are going to be irrelevant, might as well just be using the fishing pole - but it's something cool anyway.
This can be helpful if you are PL'ing a lower level character such as gathering up a large train of targets with an SK then the character getting PL'd can do slight damage to each mob before the SK applies a damage shield to cause the mobs to die. The lowbie gets all the xp this way for deep red con targets.
Also useful if your high level doing lower level raids/content and you don't want to kill a target faster than an event timer needs to run - doing so can cause events to get buggy.
Thanks, that makes sense.

News - Time for Hardcore Heritige

Users who are viewing this thread

Back