• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Three computers, six characters each, autologin and kissassist. (1 Viewer)

trustandfall

RedCents
20¢
Hello! So, here's whats going on...

I've leveled up three groups on my own private server and I'd like to load 6 on each of three different computers.

Up to this point, they've only been played on Computer 1, which is running MQ2, Autologin and Kissassist. I can launch all 18 characters at once if I want, but it bogs down my machine, understandably. My proposed work around, is to remote connect to two other computers, load a group on each of those and profit.

I have shared my Everquest directory from computer 1, copy/pasted it onto computers 2 and 3. All three computers can access the server, login characters manually, etc, all is well.

I've created a shortcut to the NETWORK SHARE of Macroquest based on what user "Randyleo" suggested in this thread Click Here so that you don't have to update multiple sets of character INI files, etc. Personally I'm starting to think it may be easier to just have separate instances on each computer instead of accessing the network share.

I'm seeing a few issues here.

Number one, when I launch Macroquest through the shortcut on computers 2 and 3, the profile lists are empty. Sure, I can retype them, but when I close/launch the program again, they're empty again. Clearly going to be a problem and not really helpful for fast launching purposes.
Number two, characters launch perfectly after manually creating their profile again on computer 2, but on computer 3, it leaves empty station usernames and passwords. I read that this is because arguments need to be passed to eqgame.exe, but I'm not sure how to do that manually or what it really means.
Number three : This has been fixed thanks to Kaen on Discord!
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
/bccmd connect 192.168.1.xxx or whatever ip the eqbc server is running on, i have the same setup with 3 computers and 2 of them connect to the thirds eqbc server.

You can have 3 different mq2 folders and use login profiles u either export and import on each one or just fill them in and save the lrofiles on each machine.

EQMule, after spending the day working on this, I agree. It is far simpler to do that than attempt to access the same INI files from one machine. I had read that the previously mentioned user did it so that all the buff files were written to one INI but I'll see what sort of problems it causes for that to not be happening.

Question - Three computers, six characters each, autologin and kissassist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back