• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Thoughts on out of group helper (1 Viewer)

afortner87

RedCents
1,120¢
I get bored sometimes watching my team grind away so sometimes I bring out a high lvl toon to come out and debuff the mobs for my lowbies. Wondered if anybody else used this strategy and what other strategies you use to PL your team when you are bored?

I get bored sometimes watching my team grind away so sometimes I bring out a high lvl toon to come out and debuff the mobs for my lowbies. Wondered if anybody else used this strategy and what other strategies you use to PL your team when you are bored?
Sure, there's nothing wrong with that. I personally just swarm all my characters up until they're group-able with max level. With Bard/Mag/SK/Clicky DS you have mobs hitting you for like 1k and the early levels are almost always done within a night.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with that. I personally just swarm all my characters up until they're group-able with max level. With Bard/Mag/SK/Clicky DS you have mobs hitting you for like 1k and the early levels are almost always done within a night.
Would not mind hearing you go into further detail about your method . Thank you

I use my high level druid to follow team and cast wrath of the wild. I actually have a macro I use to follow the MA around and heal the group + Wrath of the Wild + best short duration DS.

Up to lvl 75/80 WotW is instant death but you are limited to 10 kills every 2 mins. The rest of the time the other DS knock chunks off the mob's hp.

I find this more relaxing as it allows me to plow through zones and level up any new team.

i bring my shammy out to slow the mobs and cripple them. otherwise, they will get 'raped' by the mobs at higher level. i also do spot healing too... anything to reduce the downtime. if you want, i can share some macros but it is nothing special... just put them in xtarget1 - 6.. and rotate through them, heal if their health is below certain %

i bring my shammy out to slow the mobs and cripple them. otherwise, they will get 'raped' by the mobs at higher level. i also do spot healing too... anything to reduce the downtime. if you want, i can share some macros but it is nothing special... just put them in xtarget1 - 6.. and rotate through them, heal if their health is below certain %
That's awesome and thank you for your reply. Have you ever ran the cwtn plugin for shaman to do auto heals and buffs ?

That's awesome and thank you for your reply. Have you ever ran the cwtn plugin for shaman to do auto heals and buffs ?
no i have not used any of the paid plugins yet. I am pretty new though about using MQ2. Just started a year ago, stopped playing and then came back. I am still here learning how to macro. Eventually, I would like to create a much more scalable macro. But this is my very simple macro to go through the xtended target list and heal them if their health are low.

Prior to the healing subroutine:
(make sure you turned on this plugin first: /plugin mq2cast load)
/plugin mq2cast load
/memorize "Chloroblast|8" "Talisman of Celerity|7" "Blessing of Replenishment|6" "Focus of the Seventh|1"

Heal Routine:
Sub HealRoutine
/echo inside HealRoutine
/declare i int local
/for i 1 to 6
|/echo ${i} ${Me.XTarget[${i}]} ${Me.XTarget[${i}].PctHPs}
/if ( ${Me.XTarget[${i}].PctHPs} < 90 ) {
/mqtarget ${Me.XTarget[${i}]}
/cast 8
/delay 10s ${Me.SpellReady[8]}
}
/next i
/return

I am pretty sure there are much more advanced macros out there. But at minimum, this can keep your group alive while you are still figuring things out.

Hope that this will help you out!

Would not mind hearing you go into further detail about your method . Thank you
I do something similiar,

I will start with my bard at low levels do not even really need any other DS just the bards. Remove his weapons, put something in his primary slot so he does not do riposte.

If the toon has a PBAE your basically set, or just run up a wizard along side whatever toon your doing. They do have weapons that proc PBAE I cant remember what level requirements are on the proc.

Have the bard pull as many as you can, really only limited by pathing. Have the bard play his Slow or snare songs so you can pick up some aggro. once you have that aggro locked, move the wizard in and start casting the PBAE just need to tag the mob with 1hp of damage as the DS does not count. After you have tagged enough mobs just have the bard start sitting so he gets hit.

It is more difficult at lower levels cause if the PBAE caster picks up aggro he is instant dead. You are only limited to what you can land the proc/spell on. You do not want to chain cast as eventually your gunna grab aggro, positioning is also important. I find more success not running to the middle of pack and trying to go around and tagging from the edges.

My path is usually CR then move to blightfire. Grab a couple of pulls to level up a few times and then hit the skeles in zone. Sometimes I do the bees and stonehive just whatever has dense mobs.

around 40 I hit up drak scar and bloodfields then wall of Slaughter. at this point you can basically level with max level. Its been a few expansions since I have done this, so there may be a spot to do After WoS slows down. But generally your getting xp at a very fast pace as your basically soloing the entire zone on a quick rinse. I can generally get a toon up to grouping level in one day on a weekend.

As you move along you start to stack DS like the mage so you kill faster, throw in a merc cleric and eventually his heals on you cause him to hold aggro and your songs give him the DS. Towards the end I switch over to an SK for more mitigation and DS and his ability to hold aggro with AOE taunts.

I have never found a faster way to pl a toon up to the group, it can be frustrating until you figure it out cause you may die a couple of times but its totally doable.

If I have a higher level toon on the server to help I will always bring it to help. If you want to make a good PLing character SK is the way to go. The DS it gets at lvl 101 is insanely effective at DS PLing. I have max leveled every class on Test server using SK and druid. I have no problems with outside assistance. It is kind of the norm if available.

Discussion - Thoughts on out of group helper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back