• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Those Conjunctions & Their Functions (1 Viewer)

RedLotus

RedCents
60Ā¢
I was a bit frustrated with pickup groups and people not understanding conjunctions and how they work. I think brain explosions and mass amounts of nerd rage have been caused by failed conjunctions. Almost nobody seems to know what they were hitting, or why. Come to think of it, that's exactly how I started out. I didn't know what in the hell I was doing, so I did some hunting around to get the basics.

Well, now that I've gathered up the good stuff into a format that even I understand, I'm going to share!

There are two types of conjunctions; random, and standard. Random conjunctions can be initiated by any class (by dumb luck) and will occur on mobs that are signature and higher, while standard conjunctions are initiated by making them vulnerable.

How mobs become vulnerable.
Sometimes it happens randomly (as I stated above) but most of the time, itā€™s going to take a burglar or a guardian to make them vulnerable. Youā€™ll see a bluish glow above the mobā€™s head, and a message that the mob has let itā€™s guard down / broken itā€™s defenses indicating that itā€™s vulnerable.

Burglars = Exploit Opening (12) and the burglar can create vulnerabilities by using Sneak (4) and Trip(28).

Guardians= Iā€™ve been told that at lower levels, you can create vulnerability after parrying, use Retaliation (8), Overwhelm (10), or Thrust (18) Otherwise, try Turn the Tables (36)

Once triggered, time seems to stop (kind of like the matrix!) and a four-color wheel will pop up for everyone in the group whoā€™s standing near the mob and has it targeted.

Red = "Strength Contribution" This has massive direct damage, so use it when youā€™re going to kill something fast and sweet.
Yellow = "Guile Contribution" This is Damage Over Time Every 4 Sec for 20 sec, so itā€™s awesome for mobs that have a ton of hit points and high armor.
Green = "Conviction Quad" Great for restoring Morale and/or administering mass Cures.
Blue = "Tactics Quad" This is also great for long battles that require lots of special moves and heals.

Note: If you donā€™t have the mob targeted, a target will pop up, so click on it to target the mob and get the wheel to pop up.

Be close enough to the mob.
If youā€™re standing in the back forty and you are not a hunter using a bow, that means donā€™t bother to pick red because itā€™s not going to do anything. Mouse-over each color on the wheel, and itā€™ll tell you what range you need to be in. Failing that, just know that blue and green can be used at range for all classes.

Mapping Conjunctions

Look under the Key Mapping Options. Now bind the four-wheel options to something that you can access, such as the up, down, left, and right keys. No more messing with your cursor.

Which conjunctions do which maneuvers?

Your log will keep track of what conjunctions youā€™ve performed with your group until you log out. Iā€™ve got an incomplete list of conjunctions. I copied this list from LoTRO public forums (minus someone's poker game analogy). Anyway, I thought it was a great list, so feel free to add on. Be aware that these are pretty much the exact order that things need to go in order to get the desired result. Therefore, it'd be smart for your fellowship to agree beforehand on whoā€™s going to hit what first, second, third, fourth, et cetera. Even if you do that, the longer conjunctions are still harder to do because... well, it's hard to get that many people to pay attention and follow instructions exactly.

Single

R - Ent's Strength
105% of Main hand weapon + 328 damage. (direct damage amount varies by level)
Y - Spider's Guile
Does 130 common damage every 4 seconds for 20 seconds.
B - Stallion's Spirit
Adds 268 - 274 to Power.
G - Eagle's Cry
Adds 434 - 439 to Morale.

Doubles

RR - Clash of Arms
You and your fellow smash your target as if caught between a hammer and anvil.
YY - Misdirection
Working together with a fellow you both are able to cause deep wounds in your target.
BB - Planned Attack
Your superior coordination with your fellow energizes you both.
GG - Rallying Cry
You and your fellow let out a piercing rallying cry invigorating yourselves and all other fellowship members around you.

Triples

RRR - Resounding Strikes
Striking together you and your fellows tear your target asunder.
YYY - Deception
Working together with your fellows you all are able to cause deep wounds in your target. The initial contributor will cause a deep wound.
BBB - Three Pronged Assault
Your superior coordination with your fellows energizes you all.
GGG - Mustering the Troops
You and your fellows let out a piercing rallying cry invigorating yourselves and all other fellowship members around you.
RBY - Sinister Plan
Working with your fellows you are able to slash and wound your target while also energizing your fellowship members.
RGY - Wrath Of the Righteous
Working with your fellows you are able to crush and wound your target while also rallying your fellowship members.
GRB - Strength of the Pure
Working with your fellows you are able to crush your target while also rallying and energizing your fellowship members.
GYB - Will of the Strong
Working with your fellows you are able to wound your target while also rallying and energizing your fellowship members.

Quadruples

RRRR - Hail of Blows
Striking together you and your fellows tear your target asunder.
BBBB - Power In Numbers
Your superior coordination with your fellows energizes you all.
GGGG - Call To Arms
You and your fellows let out a piercing rallying cry invigorating yourselves and all other fellowship members around you.
YYYY - Chaos in the Ranks
Working together with your fellows you all are able to cause deep wounds in your target. The initial contributor will cause a particularly nasty wound.
RRYY - Pounding Echos
Your fellowship's pounding blows echo in the distance and your foes new wounds are great.
RRBB - Planned Charge
With a well planned charge, your fellowship crushes the enemy while being energized.
RRGG - Ent's Heart
With an Ent's resilience and strength, your fellowship crushes your target as they rally back.
YYBB - Deadly Whispers
Your fellowship's deadly whispers herald a deep wound in your foe and an energizing triumph.
YYGG - Silent Glory
Your fellowships silent wound and worthy glory rally everyone.
BBGG - Noble Lineage
Like ancient nobles, your fellowship is able to crush your target while also rallying everyone's morale.
RGYB or RBYG - Ent's Stand
Like an Ent pooling all resources, your fellowship can crush and wound your target while also rallying and energizing all.
BRGY or BYGR - Noble's Honour
With a true noble's honour your fellowship is able to crush and wound your target while also rallying and energizing all.
YBRG or YGRB - Silent Paths
Working with your fellows you are able to crush and wound your target while also rallying and energizing your fellowship members.
GYBR or GRBY - Eagle's Eyrie
The power of great eagles in their eyries is matched by your fellowship as you crush and wound your target while rallying and energizing all.

Quintuples
GGGBB - Pure of Heart
The pure of heart fear no foe and your fellowship can rally and energize in the midst of any battle.
BBBGG - Noble Blood
Like those of true noble blood, your fellowship rallies and energizes from all past loss.
YYYRR - Whispering Leaves
Working with your fellows you are able to crush and wound your target.
RRRYY - Ent's Rage
With an Ent's strength and with your fellowship's blows, crush and wound your foe.
BRGYB or BYGRB - Wrath of the Oathbreakers
Your fellowship strikes with such wounding wrath as to summon an Oathbreaker to assist you even as you rally and energize all.
RGYBR or RBYGR - Entish Justice
Justice of the Ents does not rest with a single foe, all enemies feel your fellowships crushing and wounding rage even as you rally and energize each ... (unreadable)
GYBRG or GRBYG - Valour Unashamed
Your fellowship crushes and wounds your target with unashamed valour, which removes fear, restores morale and enegizes all.
YBRGY or YGRBY - Leaves of Lothlorien
Swirling like the leaves of Lothlorien, your fellowship strikes from all sides, leaving wounds that slow while rallying and energizing all.

Sextuples

RRRYYY - Tramp of Doom
Your fellowship tramples your foes, inflicting deep wounds.
RRRRRG - Roll the Drum
The rolling drum of your fellowships blows on your foe cause pain to nearby foes and hope to flourish in your ranks, removing fear and wounds.
RRRRRY - Break the Door
You fellowships fury cripples your foe and crushes all nearby enemies.
RRRRRB - Hew the Stone
Your fellows hew into your foes like masons on stone, energizing each other and drawing forth an Oathbreaker shade to fight for you.
BRYYRB - Breath of Freedom
Your fellowship strikes with the conviction of freedom, defeating your foes and rallying your allies.
GRRRRB - March of the Ents
?
GYYYYB - Chill of Bone
Your fellowship strikes deep, bone chilling wounds on your foe, rallying and energizing each other as they fight.
BRGYBR or RBYGRB - Wings of the Windlord
A truly flawless display of fellowship coordination, two oathbreakers are summoned as all enemies are crushed.
RGYBRG or GRBYGR - Thunder of the Oakenshield
A truly flawless display of fellowship coordination, all fear and wounds are removed al all enemies are crushed.
YBRGYB or BYGRBY - Dawn on the Deep
A truly flawless display of fellowship coordination, two oathbreakers are summoned as your target is heavily disabled.
YGRBYG or GYBRGY- Whispers under the Mountain
A truly flawless display of fellowship coordination, all fear and wounds are removed as your target is heavily disabled.

Once youā€™ve successfully resolved a conjunction, the mob is immune to another conjunction for about a minute.

3 thumbs up...very nice lotus :)

Though i'm not sure if it's a real conjuct...(all my groups have been incompentant so far)...but YYYYYG is a good one for bosses (though i haven't used it yet like i said to confirm)...

Creed said:
3 thumbs up...very nice lotus :)

Though i'm not sure if it's a real conjuct...(all my groups have been incompentant so far)...but YYYYYG is a good one for bosses (though i haven't used it yet like i said to confirm)...
thnx man

Those Conjunctions & Their Functions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back