• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Things to do while f2p (1 Viewer)

knave23

Cookie Champion 2022
RedCents
1,513¢
I let my subs lapse for the time being and am waiting until I have more consistent playing time to sub back, but I'm curious what options everyone would suggest for the random time I have right now. I was planning on working tradeskills on my tank for the RZ ear, but then I realized all his gear is prestige so it's dumb to do that with naked stats (right?). This is the main thing holding me back I think since he's basically my only tank. I have an under-AA'd 113 pally I could dust off though if I feel the need to kill stuff I guess. These are the things I can think of:
  • Level up a new group
  • mess around with alts and the 113 pally
  • kill low level stuff to farm for plat/TS mats
    • finally get around to artisan's prize and those rare TS mats on my main?

I let my subs lapse for the time being and am waiting until I have more consistent playing time to sub back, but I'm curious what options everyone would suggest for the random time I have right now. I was planning on working tradeskills on my tank for the RZ ear, but then I realized all his gear is prestige so it's dumb to do that with naked stats (right?). This is the main thing holding me back I think since he's basically my only tank. I have an under-AA'd 113 pally I could dust off though if I feel the need to kill stuff I guess. These are the things I can think of:
  • Level up a new group
  • mess around with alts and the 113 pally
  • kill low level stuff to farm for plat/TS mats
    • finally get around to artisan's prize and those rare TS mats on my main?
1. Epics 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 - these can be a massive time sink.
2. Artizans Prize as you mentioned.
3. I’ll be doing PoP flagging soon for my team (required for Artisans prize)
4. Hunter Acheivements

plenty of more but this is where my low 80s level FTP team is working. I’m set for about a year with stuff to do with my limited play time

Once in awhile I like to go back and get those weird items we don't think about too often but are useful. Old clickies and such that have never been upgraded or are just outright unique.

A few examples:
Staff of Viral Flux - All/All Instant cast clicky debuff.
The Lady's Entreaty - Bard+pure casters Tash clicky. (There's a slightly weaker version from Old Man missions, as well. Orb of Tishan)
Gyrospire Relocation Device - All/All Instant cast port to Beza/Zeka - It's an instant cast port, making it a get out of jail free card.
Staff of Forbidden Rites - Pally/shaman/druid 90% rez stick for mid battle rezzing.
Various Anguish chest clickies - Multiple classes - Factioning is just a minor time sink for these, but perfect while FTP. Necro's Anguish chest is one of the best clickies in the game.
DA/harmshield clickies like mage's Plane of Sky clicky or any of these.

There's tons more, though. These are just a few I find myself still using even as an RG user, not just while I'm playing one character by hand.

Then of course there's old hero aa's for completing various sets of tasks in old expansions. Free accounts geared up to the top end of non-prestige gear can absolutely walk through some of the early expansions to unlock a lot of these.
Or you could do something really stupid like commit a month of your life to getting Abashi's on your monk you never play... I wouldn't recommend it, but it's an option.

And also DoN progression and MPG trials are really old progression content that still offer permanent rewards.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! Unfortunately most of my epics are already done (though that is certainly a good idea for anyone not in the same boat). I was admittedly trying to be cheap about it, but I think making a set of snowbound for my sk is probably going to be the most effective thing I can do. Opens up the door to just about anything else that's been mentioned.

I know my accounts might lapse when im back to work at the end of the summer. I started saving my non prestige gear instead of tribute just for this reason. you could always farm Plat in a lower level zone :) and work on TS.

If you have not many done, pick an older expansion and start up Hunters for Bags to use on person and your bank/shared bank. You'll also be getting the Hero's AA accomplished at the same time, which will make your FTP group even stronger.

when i was playing primarly on live
i left my sk gold
and geared the rest of my crew
( havnt done my duel zerks, cause they both are full raid gear and yea)
but brd/shm/bst run silver in a mix of conflag non vis, tov t1 and TBM type 5's it works well enough, im still able to do tov/cov content ( not as easy but i manage)

While f2p I did TSs to 350, maxed all my skills (like begging and intimidation), did old school hunter and raid mob achievements, etc.

Question - Things to do while f2p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back