• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - They won't stop following me (1 Viewer)

RedCents
455¢
I grouped up, hit follow me and went to fight, put clicked the Camp On action key (I use Sic's) and unclicked Follow Me, got the message Group stopped Following you. It lied.

I also noticed that Mimic me stopped working but Come to Me worked fine.

I had to broadcast /afollow off to stop them from following.

I logged completely out and back into the computer and programs. It did not fix it. I looked for answers on this forum but did not see it. (Sorry If this has already been addressed).

I am grouped. I can see the buttons. I log in as instructed by the Sic video. 5 out of my 6 toons are CWTN , Only the Bard still uses Kiss Assist.

Not sure what I might have done wrong. Need some help.

I grouped up, hit follow me and went to fight, put clicked the Camp On action key (I use Sic's) and unclicked Follow Me, got the message Group stopped Following you. It lied.

I also noticed that Mimic me stopped working but Come to Me worked fine.

I had to broadcast /afollow off to stop them from following.

I logged completely out and back into the computer and programs. It did not fix it. I looked for answers on this forum but did not see it. (Sorry If this has already been addressed).

I am grouped. I can see the buttons. I log in as instructed by the Sic video. 5 out of my 6 toons are CWTN , Only the Bard still uses Kiss Assist.

Not sure what I might have done wrong. Need some help.
well that depends

since afollow off made them stop that means that afollow was stuck on somehow.

is it possible you had follow me clicked on more than 1 toon? sometimes people do that.

No, I checked. I did not have follow clicked on more than one toon. Wish it was an easy answer.
its possible you had some eqbc hiccup and the command from your toon got desync'd from the rest of your team - i don't think this is super likely, but its possible

I have rebooted. I have reinstalled. It's not a deal breaker but not having those buttons work right does damp down the coolness factor. These tools have made the game fun again for me. I created a copy cat group of Heroic toons (except for my SK she is 19 years of play old and currently raid geared) and yesterday, with only medium to good gear on them, and barely into level 115, was able to do the zandiclar mission, no problem. I will gear them up a bit using it before moving on to the other missions. But, it's been fun. I have no idea what I might have done to break it. I think the only recent changes were to Options/Display Particles during raid. I did change the Max Frames Per Second to unlimited in EQ Options. Putting it back did not seem to fix anything. But I have not rebooted again yet..... If It goes back to working I will post.

Hi Demoria,
I wouldnt think it is an issue with the setup at all...When first learning there is a lot of things that can cause this behavior.

Im pretty sure we have all been there - when a toon run's out to pull and the cleric says "OK Im on your 6 Boss" and promptly gets killed and everye dies.

Sometimes it gets screwed up when the toon you are following zones, and then you basically lose control of that toon. It will want to follow no matter what.
There is also the CHASE function that you may have mixed up which works completely independantly of /afollow

The key learning curve here is knowing which macro or plugin as actually causing the behavior

Is it autofollow, or chase assist or Both.

If you have copied Sic's hotkey (This will put all CWTN driven toons into Mode 2 (Chaseassist), and it will send a /chaseon command to all the Kissassist toons and this has nothing to do with Following.

/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 2
/bcg //chaseon

Problem - They won't stop following me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back