• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

The unbannings begin! (1 Viewer)

Sei-Ryu

RedCents
From what I've seen on here, so far 1 or two people have been notified of being unbanned. I just found out 10 minutes ago from a friend that he received information stating he's being unbanned too. He said he was in e-mails with them for about two weeks before he got that e-mail though, but I think they're just giving in.
Anyone that gets their accounts unbanned, please post it under this so we can get an update of our situation. It could very well have just been sony scaring us into not using MQ.

They denied 2 of my accounts for release but they said 1 was ok.. Still waiting on email for accounts #4 and #5. It took 2 emails for the first one to get the email. The others im still fighting them for.

i had received my e-mail about the information i need to give. Could give all information except the old credir card number. I told them my bank does not give those details over the phone so they asked for the billing adress of the card at that time and see if its good enough

This is bullshit they will ban you in 5 secs, but they make you jump through hoops to get your account back, even if you've been paying them since 99 with 0 suspensions. They only suspended some people who got caught ghost killing in Tacvi before they changed all of the mobs, yet they ban 100s for shared bank. If you get your account back they delete the no drop gear and strip your toons of their flags anyways :P

from what i have read spunge, yea only the toons that were transfered to.

you guys getting the Suspended message dont even email sony just wait 10 days it will be unbanned its automated. If you email them they go hmm and put ban mark on it most of the time.

Thats exactly what I did, jackass. I didn't bother sending SOE any emails, just waited til account suspension expired. I didn't want a customer rep person looking at history of account and possibly banning it. I just got my account un-suspended last night.

Tone said:
They only suspended some people who got caught ghost killing in Tacvi before they changed all of the mobs, yet they ban 100s for shared bank.

People who ghost killed tacvi, got to keep the loot too. Don't bitch and moan your suspended and / or banned. You know mq2 will do this to your account. I still fuckin ghost mobs and haven't been caught. Obviously whomever you entrusted with any information on what you do isn't trustworthy or your all a bunch of morons who have to warp in front of people and do stupid shared nodrops. After baginbag plugin, anything bein moved was tracked. People warned of this but yet you did it anyways. I hope all of you who did this stay banned cause obviously you bring un-needed attention to mq2.

flame away if you feel you must, but the truth still remains...

I was talking about you and bigscat btw :P Then Xukh that retard got 3 or 4 chances before an actual ban. He went afk for like 4 hours infront of PoTime with a 2hb in his off hand.

Mistre said:
People who ghost killed tacvi, got to keep the loot too. Don't bitch and moan your suspended and / or banned. You know mq2 will do this to your account. I still fuckin ghost mobs and haven't been caught. Obviously whomever you entrusted with any information on what you do isn't trustworthy or your all a bunch of morons who have to warp in front of people and do stupid shared nodrops. After baginbag plugin, anything bein moved was tracked. People warned of this but yet you did it anyways. I hope all of you who did this stay banned cause obviously you bring un-needed attention to mq2.

flame away if you feel you must, but the truth still remains...
And you don't know what you are talking about with the tracing. They started tracing after 9/13 it even says so in the email.

They have been logging warps (and I would assume ghost as well) for much longer than 2 months as you say. They just do not go through all of their logs to check unless your account pops up for something obvious (like shared bank). If they actually took the time to look through the logs, they would see that you warped 5-6 months ago.

Going through everyone's log files would also take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, and a lot of money in man hours.

They're going after shared bankers, and reported players, as well as players with previous warnings on their accounts.

Want to hear a fucked up story? Well, I have one for you all. This is true, mind you.

After seeing that someone had their account freed claiming that their account was hacked and that the hacker transfered nodrop gear (or something along those lines) I was moderately pissed. I sent out an email to SOE complaining about this. To my surprise, my account was released.

I logged in to see that my account was closed. No sweat. I loged in to my account and paid for a Station Access Pass. I logged into the game for 15 minutes to say hello to my guild, then logged to go to a concert (I saw Opeth, Nevermore, and Into Eternity for those who are intersted!). When I attempted to log back in the next day for raids, I got a message saying that my account has been suspended. I didn't do anything involving MQ2 at all when I was logged in as that toon. I am furious that SOE would suspend my account for me doing no wrong; especially after I just paid for a new subscription. I shot out an email to SOE but have yet to receive a reply.

FYI, when I logged my toon back in his epic 2.0 was intact along with all of his other gear. Hell, I was still raid buffed from when I camped out before being banned.

Well if you're tired of SOE's crap, just give it another couple months, www.ddo.com

Considering all MMORPG's are based on D&D rule sets, why not play the real thing.
The company formerly known as Turbine inc, now Turbine Entertainment, has teamed up with Wizards of The Coast and Atari to make this game.
Turbine has created their own game engine and if you look at screen shots and Gameplay trailers, I assure you you will be impressed.

From what I have been reading EXP is not going to be based on mob kills, but on dungeon & quest completion. Making the game a lot more about enjoying questing and adventuring, and enjoying a storyline, as opposed to grinding exp for 5 years just to get beaten bloody with a nerf bat every few months.

I am personally planning on unloading my EQ accounts and playing a game that is going to be so damned good, there will be no need to hack it.

sorry I don't mean to sound like a comercial or some shit. It's just that I'm a game software development student, and have been doing a bit of research on this company and game..... If you can't tell, I'm excited and can't wait for the release.

eclipsed said:
I can build that for you if you like :) its really quite a simple circuit

hehe I know ;)

Too bad I'm not in California, I'd set one off right in front of SoE headquarters.
Almost 7 years of a poor excuse for customer service, several nerfs, and crap excuses for expansions.... I'm just waiting on the next good game, so i can wash my hands of SOE. The only thing that keeps me playing EQ is the time I have wasted on it, and my love for RPG's.

Someday when their MMO's die off maybe they'll figure out that the customer is the one that pays their bills.

I really do feel for everyone who has lost an account over shared bank transfers...... It should be a part of the game, just add a required level or recomended level to everything..... no harm no foul....
But no, sony would much rather kill their customer base off by banning people over something trivial.

Vanguard looks promising. I've been reading about it for the past couple of days, but I didn't come across a projected release date. I just was happy to see Psionicists as a class. I loved playing a Psionicist in D&D.

The main gripe I have about DDO is that there is no crafting. I would love to see a system of crafting as detailed as EQ2's crafting; especially when there was interdependence between the crafters (though some folks were far too capitalistic for my tastes and made sure they gouged this shit out of other crafters "in the name of profit")

Sign up for the message boards and voice your opinion. Crafts have been discussed, and Turbine is very open to customer ideas!
They have been building the game around the comunity from what I have seen.

Moonspell said:
Vanguard looks promising. I've been reading about it for the past couple of days, but I didn't come across a projected release date. I just was happy to see Psionicists as a class. I loved playing a Psionicist in D&D.

The main gripe I have about DDO is that there is no crafting. I would love to see a system of crafting as detailed as EQ2's crafting; especially when there was interdependence between the crafters (though some folks were far too capitalistic for my tastes and made sure they gouged this shit out of other crafters "in the name of profit")

i don't remember crafting ever being part of the dungeons and dragons world. that will be a bit of a departure from the status quo for D&D.

i mean, you always knew that dwarves and elves made good armor....adamintite and mitheral; however PCs didn't craft from what I can recall of the 2nd edition rules. I hear that the game mechanics are based on the 3rd edition rules, though.

I waited 21 days or so before i got this.:

Thank you for your patience. We researched over your account as you
requested and are we regret to inform you that we will not be able to
release your account back into your care. Your account was found to
have transferred a number of No Trade items through your shared bank on
September 29 and October 6 between characters on your accounts. Due to
the type of items that were transferred and findings in our records that
supported the use of third party programs to complete this action, we
decided to keep this account banned from any further access to our
servers.

Your billing has been cancelled for both accounts and you should not see
any further fees from us. If you do see any fees on your Credit Card
statement after October 13, 2005 please contact our Tech Support staff
at www.station.sony.com/kb. There you may speak with them directly
through the Live Chat or you may submit an email request for assistance
on your billing.

BS

I swear to god I can write a macro that would do accountstatus better than what sony has now. I'd atleast add some variables with multiple emails for each response so it actually looks like they give a shit instead of 1 email for everything. I'm sorry you're banned look at section 9 eat a dick gets old :P

Ok guys time to investigate this account call it in the air heads they are unban tails they stay banned till they email us for another week or 2 then we'll do another coin toss.

The unbannings begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back