• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - The Return (1 Viewer)

the ROG is stuck with an ornate defiant poker
Got it in one. Can't do good melee dps with a low end garbage main-hand weapon. Gonna go out on a limb here and say that's your single biggest dps modifier. Level & aa being right up there too, of course. It's the first and arguably only item to shell out for on the ROG (edit: as fits your leveling progress). All other gear will be incrimental dps increases.

The rest would be your disc rotation and endurance management. I never used the paid class-automations. In ToV I ran a BER and a ROG for hundreds of hours against someone using the BER package though. My BER was within a couple pct dps, some days ahead some days behind. So, essentially the same. The ROG parsed even or better than the BER. Both had comparable raid weapons.

That being said, I think I noticed a change to the endurance regen disc that was my mainstay on the ROG. I haven't messed with my ROG since last expansion. You can look at a previous post of mine for a long drawn-out conversation about how it is important and didn't quite work right with KissAssist. There's a lot of arguing instead problem solving in that thread though, so be warned.

If you missed the steins don't forget about gate potions. With the shammy they're easy to make and will work as a substitute for the stein until the quest comes around again.
SHM can make lots of useful potions. Clarity in particular comes to mind. Making them is cheaper than buying from the vendor, and you can skill up at the same time.
Doesn't matter as much with the Bard having Shauri's Sonorous Clouding, but Invisibility vs. Undead pots are nice on the SHM.

If you missed the steins don't forget about gate potions. With the shammy they're easy to make and will work as a substitute for the stein until the quest comes around again.
Thanks! I am working on my Shammy's skills right now so he can make us some. Do you know if its possible to make gate potions on Test or do I have to work towards translocation pots?

Something else that's super handy is the housing stuff, which I admit I neglected completely until about a week ago. I bought a guildhall in the DB store with the free cash you get monthly on one of my accounts, and it lets you put a primary anchor in it from every character (Anchor kits from Loyalty merchant, which i also had a ton of) If you buy a house (loyalty merchant) you can place it next to the guildhall and allow access to your toons and place secondary anchor there. So you get 1 port to guildhall, plus one port to "next to guild hall". I think it's a 2? hr reuse, but it is a super handy way to get around. And you have Throne of Heroes which ports one zone from the new guild hall.

Sometimes the Stein is a pain in the ass if you are moving 6 chars and trying to not look suspicious.

I'm by no means a housing expert but the setup so far has been fantastic.
I will definitely look into this. I was curious about housing but never looked into it. It sounds like it's a worthy endeavor.

Got it in one. Can't do good melee dps with a low end garbage main-hand weapon. Gonna go out on a limb here and say that's your single biggest dps modifier. Level & aa being right up there too, of course. It's the first and arguably only item to shell out for on the ROG (edit: as fits your leveling progress). All other gear will be incrimental dps increases.

The rest would be your disc rotation and endurance management. I never used the paid class-automations. In ToV I ran a BER and a ROG for hundreds of hours against someone using the BER package though. My BER was within a couple pct dps, some days ahead some days behind. So, essentially the same. The ROG parsed even or better than the BER. Both had comparable raid weapons.

That being said, I think I noticed a change to the endurance regen disc that was my mainstay on the ROG. I haven't messed with my ROG since last expansion. You can look at a previous post of mine for a long drawn-out conversation about how it is important and didn't quite work right with KissAssist. There's a lot of arguing instead problem solving in that thread though, so be warned.
I'm glad that seems to be the consensus here. I might just have to stick it out for another few levels and start looking into something when it opens up at 65. The ROG is not lacking in DPS at the moment, but he is about typically 500 points behind the Zerker. Although some fights he does actually come out ahead.

I am well on working up my SHM. Those Clarity pots do sound nice, I will have to start working on those along with the Gate ones.

I ran a druid main healer for awhile my biggest complaint with Druid heals is they require Line o Site for the Nuke heals and later in the game levels 105ish + there is alot of "hilly" terrain which can make make druid heals a bit tougher to land. Thats when I switched back to Shammy for heals 95% of the time. a couple group missions I use a cleric for thats just works better for me but I also have
120 Shm
120 Cleric
and a 115 Druid.
as far as getting around goes. Join or make your own guild that can help tons right there with the teleportation assistant.
Also can get gate Pots along with gate pots. look for a pings pinning potion package that can allow melee to use a potion to bind affinity.
The Binden Concertia later on can be gotten which is a PoK clickie thats powered by a shammy created item ( unless you are on FV and then it can probably be bought). lots of easy options for transpotation around the world.

I ran a druid main healer for awhile my biggest complaint with Druid heals is they require Line o Site for the Nuke heals and later in the game levels 105ish + there is alot of "hilly" terrain which can make make druid heals a bit tougher to land. Thats when I switched back to Shammy for heals 95% of the time. a couple group missions I use a cleric for thats just works better for me but I also have
120 Shm
120 Cleric
and a 115 Druid.
as far as getting around goes. Join or make your own guild that can help tons right there with the teleportation assistant.
Also can get gate Pots along with gate pots. look for a pings pinning potion package that can allow melee to use a potion to bind affinity.
The Binden Concertia later on can be gotten which is a PoK clickie thats powered by a shammy created item ( unless you are on FV and then it can probably be bought). lots of easy options for transpotation around the world
That is some great wisdom. It definitely sounds like travel is not an issue with all these pots around. Sure beats the old days of taking the boat through OOT and running everywhere.

Something else that's super handy is the housing stuff, which I admit I neglected completely until about a week ago. I bought a guildhall in the DB store with the free cash you get monthly on one of my accounts, and it lets you put a primary anchor in it from every character (Anchor kits from Loyalty merchant, which i also had a ton of) If you buy a house (loyalty merchant) you can place it next to the guildhall and allow access to your toons and place secondary anchor there. So you get 1 port to guildhall, plus one port to "next to guild hall". I think it's a 2? hr reuse, but it is a super handy way to get around. And you have Throne of Heroes which ports one zone from the new guild hall.

Sometimes the Stein is a pain in the ass if you are moving 6 chars and trying to not look suspicious.

I'm by no means a housing expert but the setup so far has been fantastic.
Excellent idea - keep in mind that only All Access and Silver can place anchors in Guild Hall. I buy a plot next to guild hall for F2P to put anchors on so they can port close to it. No need for the house unless you want extra storage or whatever.

Then I have a "community house" that I put near the entrance hut in Sunrise Hills and my characters put the secondary anchor there so I can port into the neighborhood.

Also without gate, gate potions, or the stein, using the Origin AA and hoofing it from the starter city to a POK book is usually not too awful if you spend most your time grinding in an area until you're ready to sell or move on.

Also without gate, gate potions, or the stein, using the Origin AA and hoofing it from the starter city to a POK book is usually not too awful if you spend most your time grinding in an area until you're ready to sell or move on.
I never thought of using Origin for that. The run from Crescent Reach is not terrible.

I found some gate pots on my old main and have been test copying those over.

if you need to port out of a dungeon b/c of RL, you can always Throne of Heroes your whole party out if you don't have a druid/wiz in the party. Or Origin is another way out.

Discussion - The Return

Users who are viewing this thread

Back