• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

The power of Free Speach (1 Viewer)

hamonry

RedCents
As we all sit and blame sony noone takes the time to think that it is not sony doing this, merely a very very small section of a HUGE conglomerate. The peon who decided to do this did not think about how huge the sony name is.

We may display our frustration in any way we may see fit. If sony has decided that they do not want my business (or pay me back for the rest of the year i bought) then I have absolutely no problem banning them in return.

If anything has a sony label I will not buy it, I will urge all friends and family not to buy anything with the sony label. In fact, i believe I shall do my best to make sony the new k-mart line in home and car electronics... it isn't hard, just start laughing at anyone you see with a sony speaker.. tv... radio... whatever. tell em what a piece of junk it is.

There are thousands of forums to write comments about products... the best managers of computer stores, audio etc etc, your better salespeople all read them for info about their products as well. I know we have some incredibly talented coders in this forum... so our next challenge: Writing a macro to mass trash all sony products.

Sony only survives off the public... thats us... tell your friends, tell your family, tell everyone you meet, sony sucks, everything they make falls apart, they are racist against americans, child labor, mass stealing of $ through eq getting everyone to sign up for the 1 year package for veterans then banning everyone and merging servers (you know they will)

Anyways, thats my rant, but if we all pitch in and do some b*tching we can cost them millions in no time.
-banned x 2

P.S. w/o MQ I woulda quit eq years ago, boring nerds need to learn how to make an exciting game.

Yeah, I'm a Video Department supervisor at Best Buy. I get a grin on my face every day when I ask my team, "So, did anyone sell any Sony junk today?" And they all laugh, and with one voice shout "HELL NO!"

I have single-handedly cost Sony several hundred thousand dollars. Sony can kiss my bloody red American ass.

-CodeCaster

Good job Code. They can't ignore us forever, as we are people as well. Criminals have a right to a fair trial, no matter the crime... yet people who do things quietly that don't affect anyone, are immediately punished. This really all boils down to the fact that SoE turned an intentional BLIND EYE to cheating for an entire year. When people did truly horrible things, they got off with a 7-10 day suspension. Their original laxness is what caused this.

Do they make a public statement saying that there will be an MQ2 crackdown (and then, thusly reducing the amount of income they lose?) - No. That would have been an intelligent corporate decision...

They made us all feel what we were doing was "ok" by them as long as we didn't harm anyone. Now, suddenly, it is Death and Brimstone due to their own incompetence. Had SoE been more intuitive and more attentive to this problem 8-12 months ago, they could have curbed it.

I am certain I speak for the majority when I say, we would not do stupid things if we did not feel that they were OK. Sure, we are cheating. But, remember that illegal u-turn you made? That was illegal too. Remember that stop sign you didn't stop at? Guess what, same thing. What is occuring now is literally the equivilent of a law enforcement officer arresting two homosexual men in a state where homosexuality is illegal. (only paralell that came to mind that is as absurd as the situation SoE set)

Blanket = bad. Sony will loosen or they will break. TP's contribution will be an excellent tool for us to retrieve accounts lost to bans... if done properly.

Free speech goes both ways. We are human. They baited alot of people. Things will need to change, and I think the bannings are there simply to give them time to get a fucking clue, because they've let this go too far due to their own ineptness, and have no idea how to reel it back in ... and when people like TP offer a hand, they rudely turn it away.

nah I liked my email to the account status. The money lost from the bannings has to be cut from somewhere, and eqaccountstatus department seems like it could be automated =P

I met a guy on eq about 3 years ago, became friends, and he became a GM. I got into MQ and he begged me to teach him. For almost 2 years now I have been supplying his code.. I wonder if we can nail em for entrapment.

hamonry said:
I met a guy on eq about 3 years ago, became friends, and he became a GM. I got into MQ and he begged me to teach him. For almost 2 years now I have been supplying his code.. I wonder if we can nail em for entrapment.

A person on these boards has been supplying code to a GM? Ban. I don't usually say this on these boards, but I feel it's appropriate....Fucking Moron.

darkeros said:
A person on these boards has been supplying code to a GM? Ban. I don't usually say this on these boards, but I feel it's appropriate....Fucking Moron.
For this I have to agree, who the hell in their right mind, friend or not, would provide any code to a GM.
Guides are one thing, considering they aren't paid Sony employees and don't generally give a rat's ass about the guidelines anymore. a year or two ago yes, guides would loathe this, but we are normal players like everyone else and now used solely for entertainment, which is lame on its own.

Seriously, IP ban this guy please, if he picks the codes up from the MQ or KEQ sites, that's up to the mods there, but we don't need him giving away our secrets to GM's. Judging by the post it's not a RL friend, so that makes it that much worse. No offense, but
hamonry said:
For almost 2 years now I have been supplying his code.
That's just stupid.

TeachersPet said:
I've heard from a very reliable source that some guides use MQ2 for its macroing capabilities.
Guides are heavily monitored, any actions they take are monitored. They must announce to GM chat before zoning, where they're zoning, etc. If they're caught in a NLZ (No-Loitering Zone) which are all planes or higher end zones, or even if they /ooc or /shourt, they get hit hard for it. I had a friend that was removed from being a guide his first week because he accidentally entered a NLZ. If a guide was going to use MQ at all to warp, zone, etc, they'd get removed, all accounts on that ip, and everything else they have EQ related banned for good I'm sure.

They use the same EQGame.exe we use, and it's not like MQ2 can be truly detected. The guy that told me this though is an in house tester for SWG and does some occaisional Tech Support work for them.

Now that I think of it though, he probably was just talking out of his ass to start conversation.

Also, I said for macroing capabilties, guides have the commands /zone, /goto and /summon. They will never need MQ2 for that stuff.

dont call me a moron if you cant read, was friends with him before he became a GM, was friends with him when he quit being a Gm, and still friends with him now that he ebayed. Hell if I have any chance of getting my acct back its through him.... you people do realize only a select few GM's get anything more than a free acct from sony?

This whole thread is ridiculous . "Boycott Sony for something I know I was doing wrong"....Jesus christ, go kill your parents for grounding you for being a smartass.

No offense.

hamonry said:
dont call me a moron if you cant read, was friends with him before he became a GM, was friends with him when he quit being a Gm, and still friends with him now that he ebayed. Hell if I have any chance of getting my acct back its through him.... you people do realize only a select few GM's get anything more than a free acct from sony?

Correction: GM's get paid. Guides do not.

Considered buying a 15,000 dollar TV from Sony Store today, then I realized, I hate Sony so, well, thats what they get for fucking people over.

Mochila said:
This whole thread is ridiculous . "Boycott Sony for something I know I was doing wrong"....Jesus christ, go kill your parents for grounding you for being a smartass.

No offense.

OMFG HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Mochila said:

No offense.
I already did. I mean, hasn't everybody?

Sorry for getting in so late to this converstaion....I'm still cleaning up the blood. Fucking Parents !!!

The power of Free Speach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back