• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - the Macro in game

RedCents
Hi sll the Macro in Game the one that takes the Mac kissassist wont let me type in it can any one help me with that please

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
40,980¢
You don't need to use the MQ2 window, you can type /mac kissassist into regular chat windows

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
40,980¢
What software are you using? Kissassist?

If so, does your ini have a list of spells to load? They'd be under
[MySpells]

And does your ini include the line,
LoadSpellSet=2

RedCents
yes I don't get this am I going to have to wipe EQ and MQ2 off my comp and reload

RedCents
8,473¢
Yeah as Redbot mentioned, if you're using KissAssist you have a couple options to load spells via the toon's ini file.

Load one of the character's Everquest saved spell sets. This would load an EQ spell set named "Combat"
Code:
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=1
SpellSetName=Combat
The prefered option is to load the spells listed in the ini's [MySpells] section. This would load these exact spells into each slot. It also lets you share your caster's ini with other people easier. It will auto load rank i/ii/iii based on what you have available, so don't worry if the ini listed one you don't have.
Code:
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=NULL

[MySpells]
Gem1=Spiritual Remedy
Gem2=Merciful Remedy
Gem3=Mystical Intervention
Gem4=Merciful Intervention
Gem5=Fervid Renewal
Gem6=Furial Renewal
Gem7=Undying Life
Gem8=Sixteenth Serenity
Gem9=Word of Greater Restoration
Gem10=Merciful Acquittal
Gem11=Divine Imposition
Gem12=Vicarum's Retort
Gem13=Shining Fortress

RedCents
11,972¢
Also if you changed your spells in your characters kissassist.ini file, then you have to swap out the spell gems, kiss won't automatically mem the new spells. @eqtrader74 went over how to change the ini file to get kiss to load your spell gems, but you still have to start kiss and issue the /memmyspells command.

RedCents
824¢
I save my characters spell sets as 1 and then in my ini I put this

[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=1
SpellSetName=1

I had the MQ2 window become inactive once but it was because I had screwed something up so I just reinstalled MQ2 and copied in my old inis. Usually when broke Mq2 it was because I either enabled a plugin in macroquest.ini which I hadn't setup properly, or because I just made a mistake in my characters ini file and it stopped the whole character from working. But if I fixed that problem or just started from scratch on that character, they would always start working again. Eventually I made backups of my character ini files just in case I ever messed one up badly, I could at least start again from a decent place.