• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

News - The Darkened Seas! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
428¢
New everquest expac, taken from eqresource.

Releases October 28th for All-Access members, November 11th for Free to Play

Level 105, New Quests, Missions, Items, Spells, AA

Features:
Mount Key-Ring - have all your mounts on it, choose an appearance one + a stat one
Looting Feature - Hybrid of Random Rolling and Master Looter, will be able to teach it, will learn to differentiate between loot that you want and don't want. In the loot window you can flag stuff you want or don't want or something you never want, each new piece of loot will have to be updated this way, when in a group the wanted items are rolled on server side and distributed, unless the group has a master looter. List can begin during Beta to carry to Live.

Some Zones (there are 8 in total all at launch):
Tempest Temple - coral forests, lava, and shipwrecks
Caverns of Endless Song - sirens and the sailors they capture
Thuliasaur Island - dinosaurs and lizard men
Arx Mentis - flying fortress powered by magic, one of EQ's most futuristic looking settings shaped by magic
Combine Dredge - islands connected by magic conduits
Degmar, the Lost Castle - sunken dwarven castle with crazy dwarves

Lore:
Firiona is there trying to heal the emperor of the city, Lanys kidnaps the emperor, running off with him. It's up to you to rescue him and find out what Lanys is up to.

Couple of zones are complete or nearly complete that might be released in monthly or quarterly celebrations post launch.

Hero's Forge Robes will be added to Player Studio, allowing people to customize robes, change their colors, and so on

Will be lots of Water in The Darkened Sea, but not much will be played in Water

Some other Q/A

Q: With the addition of the Mount Key ring will it be possible to extend this feature to illusions, pet illusions, merc illusions?

A: Now that the tech for keyrings exists it will not be hard to add new types of keyrings in the future. Stay tuned! - JC

Q: Will any of the 8 zones have multiple raids or raid instances with multiple raids?

A: Yes there will be. There will be at least one raid zone with multiple raids in a single instance. -JC

Q: When will you be adding COTF zone wide rares back to heroics?

A: We're looking into adding the zone wide rare drops back in HAs. If we're sure the drop rate is working as intended. - JC

Q: The names of six zones have been announced, can you tell us the names of the other two?

A: The other two zones are: Brother Island and Katta Castrum: Waters Rising. - JC

Q: Last year at SoE Live you guys showed this Helm, any word on if or when it will be added to the game? :D pic.twitter.com/sJN7LHPauo

A: Just for you we'll get it in soon (tm)! -JC

Q: Of the 8 zones, will any of them be hub zones with essentially no content of their own except to act as a jumping off point for HAs?

A: All of the zones will have full population in their static versions! -JC

Q: With TDS being heavily around water, What will be the pirate to dinosaur ratio?

A: We're still hatching the dinos but we're estimating a 1:1 ratio of pirates to dinosaurs. -AS

Q: Will type 8 augs ever make a real comeback?

A: No. We like that augments come from group content, and raid gear comes from raids. - JL

Q: Traders have had 200 item slots for over a year. Will we ever see 20 slot trader bags to allow us to use them?

A: It's not very high on our priority list, but yes. We will be looking into it. - JC

Q: Will factioning come back into the game with TDS?

A: Content hasn't been finalized yet, but it is a possibility. Stay tuned! - JC

Q: Any chance we'll ever see fixes in old content, bugs, and quests?

A: Yes. We're always working to fix legacy bugs. Every update has bug fixes in it. - TT

Q: Will the TDS Collector's Edition include a new house?

A: Maybe. ;) -RB

Q: Are heroic characters going to start at level 90 with the raise in level cap?

A: No. Heroic characters will continue to start at level 85. -JC

Guildy watched some Dev thing and said that there will be 3 tiers of group, and 2 tiers of raid on launch.

More content released during the expac separate from it (like powar/CTOV I'm assuming)

I looked and didn't see anyone posting about this yet, apologies if I missed it!

So are they changing the free to play model? Are they just going to give the expansion away? I thought that the F2P accounts would always be 2 expansions behind, meaning that when this one is released, that F2P would get RoF? Mind you, I won't complain if they decide to go that route...Although they'd lose sooooo much money by doing so.

I thought that at first too, but then I thought that maybe it meant the expansions opens up (for those who payed for it) at those times, like it was maybe a way to reward the paying customers since they opened up a lot of the restriction ftp once had that it no longer had.

I am sure SOE is opening it up early so the paying customers can explore content without fighting 20 million f2p bot armies

Its so funny, I see so much "new" features comeing out which all had been previously macroed stuff from MQ2 comunity. (e.g. map features, automated tradeskillcombines, mercs and now looting features) They should pay us for contributing so much new content.

News - The Darkened Seas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back