• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - The Crusaders - CoV Mission Sucks (1 Viewer)

Level disparity is going to be huge with the release of ToL. Missions will be set for 120 and if they holdback the FTP release of TOV until about June then we have 6 - 7 Months of not being able to do much with FTP.

I think the strategy here is - push all the FTP to purchase the expansion then drop a krono to get to 120 before going back to FTP.

Its certainly what I am doing.

FTP just going to left in the dust.

I'm having no joy with this mission at all. My setup is SK/Shm/Mnk/Mag/Bst/Enc and i cant get past the 2nd dragon before everyone dies. All toons are full CoV t3 with augs and type 5s from CoV and restless marks, the first 4 are max aas and the chanter and bst have all but tradeskills done, all are running off CWTN plugins. I start with the SE dragona nd go clockwise and just die about 50% through his health bar. I put the dragons in the corner and noone vanishes to the cube. I dont get adds but thats probably because I dont survive long enough to get to them. Do I just have a terrible setup? I can change the Enc to a full CoV t3 Bard with max aas and the bst to a necro with the same. will that help? Just seems my approach is completely awful atm since i read lots of others are just smashing this.

I'm having no joy with this mission at all. My setup is SK/Shm/Mnk/Mag/Bst/Enc and i cant get past the 2nd dragon before everyone dies. All toons are full CoV t3 with augs and type 5s from CoV and restless marks, the first 4 are max aas and the chanter and bst have all but tradeskills done, all are running off CWTN plugins. I start with the SE dragona nd go clockwise and just die about 50% through his health bar. I put the dragons in the corner and noone vanishes to the cube. I dont get adds but thats probably because I dont survive long enough to get to them. Do I just have a terrible setup? I can change the Enc to a full CoV t3 Bard with max aas and the bst to a necro with the same. will that help? Just seems my approach is completely awful atm since i read lots of others are just smashing this.
I have two videos of the first two times i did crusaders. I still do this method today if i run the zone.
Usually just save burns to start on mob 2 or 3

The Crusaders || The Crusaders (Clean Run)

it is always important to identify what is causing your failures. in this case it sounds like dying.

why are you dying? are you moving too much? is your healer getting rampage and dying?do you have the mob turned towards everyone? are you fighting the mob for 20 minutes?

you can't address an issue if you can't identify what the issue is

tank glyph lasts 5 minutes, could pop that in guild lobby/hall, wait the 10m until refreshed, go do mission and pop after 5 minutes, so you have ~10 minutes of uptime on tank glyph

you said SE... the easiest ive found is in and left? think thats SW? at work atm..

Sic's videos show an excellent method, my caster based groups do struggle on it occasionally.

I would go with a bard vice a enchanter. bst for necro, cant really comment, i have necros, but they are just for raids.. after spending alot of time gearing my 2 bst, im happy with how they do on this event.

So i go in, hang that left, get everybody at first dragon. I set a camp there (burn all off, glyph off), but my camp command puts my SKs and War in SicTank mode, i like how it goes into tank routine, without a locked camp. Beat that one down, camp off button, chase, run clockwise to next. As soon as my tanks dust through and i spin, watch the range on the group, when they 75 or less, hit camp on, then hit Vet AA for a little more omph. Beat it down, do the camp off, chase, move to the next. As soon as i spin into place, i hit the use glyph, burn all keys, then camp on. this helps get this one down as fast as possible (add will be along at some point). depending on DPS either fight the add after main guy dies, or if your rolling hard, he will show up at some point on the last guy. last guy seems to just be a standard tank and spank, with MAYBE the add (if you didnt kill him after #3).

I have two videos of the first two times i did crusaders. I still do this method today if i run the zone.
Usually just save burns to start on mob 2 or 3

The Crusaders || The Crusaders (Clean Run)

it is always important to identify what is causing your failures. in this case it sounds like dying.

why are you dying? are you moving too much? is your healer getting rampage and dying?do you have the mob turned towards everyone? are you fighting the mob for 20 minutes?

you can't address an issue if you can't identify what the issue is

tank glyph lasts 5 minutes, could pop that in guild lobby/hall, wait the 10m until refreshed, go do mission and pop after 5 minutes, so you have ~10 minutes of uptime on tank glyph

Yeah i watched your vids and while they describe the general fight which is good, your set of toons just delete the dragons, without burn, faster than mine do with and with worse gear from your description. Thats why i was asking if my group is just poorly optimised. I'm not falling into the "youre just super geared" category I was asking if my group is going to struggle purely on its setup and I'm making it harder on myself than necessary. The next question would be how do i check what im dying to? I've tried parsing out damage to me to a different chat window but, being a terrible player, nothing appears there and the combat window is so filled with spam that by the time it stops only the last second or so is visible and thats just what killed me not necessarily what did the damage so im in range of being killed faster than the shaman can heal us all. Every member of the group takes monsterous amounts of damage and I have no idea why and no way to find out which is the issue.

Yeah i watched your vids and while they describe the general fight which is good, your set of toons just delete the dragons, without burn, faster than mine do with and with worse gear from your description. Thats why i was asking if my group is just poorly optimised. I'm not falling into the "youre just super geared" category I was asking if my group is going to struggle purely on its setup and I'm making it harder on myself than necessary. The next question would be how do i check what im dying to? I've tried parsing out damage to me to a different chat window but, being a terrible player, nothing appears there and the combat window is so filled with spam that by the time it stops only the last second or so is visible and thats just what killed me not necessarily what did the damage so im in range of being killed faster than the shaman can heal us all. Every member of the group takes monsterous amounts of damage and I have no idea why and no way to find out which is the issue.
/log on and can search the logs long form. Or get EQlog parser or GameParse and it will compile it for you to get more data.

you said SE... the easiest ive found is in and left? think thats SW? at work atm..

Sic's videos show an excellent method, my caster based groups do struggle on it occasionally.

I would go with a bard vice a enchanter. bst for necro, cant really comment, i have necros, but they are just for raids.. after spending alot of time gearing my 2 bst, im happy with how they do on this event.

So i go in, hang that left, get everybody at first dragon. I set a camp there (burn all off, glyph off), but my camp command puts my SKs and War in SicTank mode, i like how it goes into tank routine, without a locked camp. Beat that one down, camp off button, chase, run clockwise to next. As soon as my tanks dust through and i spin, watch the range on the group, when they 75 or less, hit camp on, then hit Vet AA for a little more omph. Beat it down, do the camp off, chase, move to the next. As soon as i spin into place, i hit the use glyph, burn all keys, then camp on. this helps get this one down as fast as possible (add will be along at some point). depending on DPS either fight the add after main guy dies, or if your rolling hard, he will show up at some point on the last guy. last guy seems to just be a standard tank and spank, with MAYBE the add (if you didnt kill him after #3).

South West dragon means you have the aoe mana drain for the rest of the event. I always start NW and go clockwise ahead of the cubes. Makes for a much smoother run. Burns start on dragon 2 and carry through to the end.

South West dragon means you have the aoe mana drain for the rest of the event. I always start NW and go clockwise ahead of the cubes. Makes for a much smoother run. Burns start on dragon 2 and carry through to the end.
oh.. yeah, i run melee heavy on 3 of the 4 groups, so never cared :ohdear: thats my bad

"how do i check what im dying to"
well:
are you dying from fight the mobs too long and running out of resources - mana, cooldowns, defensives, etc?
--- edit: the mana question being important as hellfyre mentioned about which order you do dragons in
are you fighting too long and getting flier adds (you shouldn't see a flier until like 3rd mob if you're dps cheesing).
are you dying from big hits? (are you using a sword and board).
if your fights are taking too long, do you have your shm also adding in some dots?
etc.

are your toons silver or all-access?
do you have your epics on your shd and shm?
do you have type 3s on everyone?
do you have stone of judgment on at least your tank?
do you have hdex augs on your sk, monk, and bard. do you have hsta on your shm and hsta or a mix of hsta and hint on your mag/eng?
are you missing any spells the plugin tells you that you should have?

are you using powersources?

are you utilizing tribute?

do you use stat food?

are you waiting an unnecessary amount of time to engage the mobs and thus making the fight longer than it should be? with the cwtn plugins you can assistat 100 on all toons.

folks who have swapped from an ench to a bard (in multiple different group setups) have told me of steady increases of 30-50% dps. since you have access to one, i'd strongly consider it. the epic is substantial and the songs are nice too.

edit for clarity: these are more "ask yourself" questions not expecting you to respond with a list. just stuff to think about

Acting upon the advice given now :) Will try again once I finish grinding to see whats what.
Sic: In order
Dont think i can be fighting to long since I die 60% into the second mob and thats max 3 mins total after starting?
I start with SE dragon since that was guild advice though that may be a mistake? Will try NW one instead as advised in this thread.
I dont get flier adds or when I do its because I am waiting for the SK to finally die so i can run back and recover the corpses since again Im dead 1 min into the second dragon
SK doesnt die and is using sword and board, its the rest of the group that just gets forked standing well out of the way of the purple cube.
Ive tried Shm on Heals and Hybrid seems to make little to no difference
All toons are all access
Shd has epic none of the others do
Dont have any type 3s but everyone has full Rk2 spells for everything thats on their bars from the addon
Dont have a stone of judgement I will have to google that and look for one
Full Hdex augs from CoV on mnk and SK mx of Hsta and wis on shm mix of hta and int on mag and enc
All plugins have everything they ask for

All have power sources
no stat food
everyones on assist 100

Edit ahhh bollox just saw that you didnt expect a reply :D my bad

re: no shm epic. this is one of the best items in the game. you need this. like actually stop what you're doing and go get it :) shm as solo healer requires some extra effort that clr doesn't - rez stick, epic etc. your shm doesn't need hwis, just hsta. I've done all missions repeatedly in all 3 of the stances, but i'm just lazy and roll around like this full time.

1638554861040.png

Just did this, they always power up or have for me the 1st dragon Jortreva.. every single time, I did it 3 times and they always used that dragon..

SK, BRD, SHM, CLR, BST, BER

This has got to be the hardest if not top 3, TOL seems like cake compared to this..

Last edited:
Discussion - The Crusaders - CoV Mission Sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back