• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - The Artisan's Prize - a side story or a joke! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
333¢
I've been playing EQ for a fair few years on and off and tbh The Artisan's Prize has always been one of those "elite" EQ player items that I've just been to afraid to pursue (and after reading the requirements again, justly so!)

But (for something to do, a challenge, and a bloody nice AC boost for my tank) I've decided to give it a go, and /shrug, may as well let you guys have a laugh as well.

I started looking into The Artisan Prize, and liked the look of Bonzz's Prize guide - nice sequence of steps to follow, with links to side quests/keys to help progress. Bit (haha bloomin) scary with it's length, but hey!

Then I read about PoP progression - you need to do the 'whole' flagging thing, and the right way!! But it did bring back all those fond memories of Darkmoons guild on Drinal, when 70 brave souls would form Raid and STFU while 'typed' orders were passed (no Discord or voice in those days oh no no no!) How I struggled to even know where we were, let alone how progression worked. Lowly dps surfs like myself just had to make sure not to pull agro and hail a Planar Projection and ensure you received the Yellow text;)

Get a checklist; yes Bonzz has one, but tbh I'm using the excellent one from EQProgression >here<, and referring to Bonzz's guide for the correct hailing's etc.
  • Plane of Disease - just a wait till Grummus pops tbh. Keep popping your head in for a look, then smack him down.
  • Plane of Justice - get this done ASAP/first, it gates a lot of flags. Do the Trial of Execution (puller/tank mode, sml radius, and done!)
  • Plane of Innovation - only difficulty is waiting for Nitram Anizok to walk to Xanamech Nezmirthafen, he's SO slow. Oh and when you need to kill Manaetic Behemoth, use a second toon to kill spiders on one door while you cover the other. Running back and forth does not cut it, I tried!
  • Plane of Nightmare - do the Hedge Maze Event to get the key, again slow walking npc, but the Terris Thule kill is easy
  • Crypt of Decay - click in, turn around click chair, start event (Carprin Cycle to enter no longer required, wahoo!). Put character on puller/tank rad 150 and hi/lo about 100 and let the chaos killing commence. Berty just died.
  • Plane of Torment - hmm, struggling with this. Thought I had required flags, but npc in Tranquility not flagging me, so need to check.
  • Plane of Storms - Askr the Losts Giant Collection quest, simple enough using /nav spawn <spawn_name> :) Gather drops, follow text & combines.
  • Plane of Valor - again key yourself for Aerin'Dar door, then go in and kill, easy.
  • Plane of Tactics - just completed this morning. What a laugh! Got to Vallon Zek and could not get him to died, let him at 1%! (very odd) Killed Tallon Zek easy. Read (again) the Rallos Zek event, followed steps and remembers way_back_when and laughed at how easy it is now!!!
So after about 2-3 days of gentle hails, keys, flags and laughs that's where I currently am. I'm still surprised at how long/much effort is required and awe inspired by people who have done this.

If I get more than 5 Taco's I may consider you interested in some follow up notes ;) Have fun out there and remember...a Gnome is not just for Christmas, with some inventiveness, you can eat them all year round!

Yeah it is a stupid amount of work

I ended up using 2 mages to coth back and forth in pok for memories and such

Goodness… and I thought you‘re joking, with autogrant and auto-flagging on live… Oh well.

Yesterday I made 2.000 Brut Champagne and wondered why my skill stays at 301. Today I know. This trophy is madness.

I've been playing EQ for a fair few years on and off and tbh The Artisan's Prize has always been one of those "elite" EQ player items that I've just been to afraid to pursue (and after reading the requirements again, justly so!)

But (for something to do, a challenge, and a bloody nice AC boost for my tank) I've decided to give it a go, and /shrug, may as well let you guys have a laugh as well.

I started looking into The Artisan Prize, and liked the look of Bonzz's Prize guide - nice sequence of steps to follow, with links to side quests/keys to help progress. Bit (haha bloomin) scary with it's length, but hey!

Then I read about PoP progression - you need to do the 'whole' flagging thing, and the right way!! But it did bring back all those fond memories of Darkmoons guild on Drinal, when 70 brave souls would form Raid and STFU while 'typed' orders were passed (no Discord or voice in those days oh no no no!) How I struggled to even know where we were, let alone how progression worked. Lowly dps surfs like myself just had to make sure not to pull agro and hail a Planar Projection and ensure you received the Yellow text;)

Get a checklist; yes Bonzz has one, but tbh I'm using the excellent one from EQProgression >here<, and referring to Bonzz's guide for the correct hailing's etc.
  • Plane of Disease - just a wait till Grummus pops tbh. Keep popping your head in for a look, then smack him down.
  • Plane of Justice - get this done ASAP/first, it gates a lot of flags. Do the Trial of Execution (puller/tank mode, sml radius, and done!)
  • Plane of Innovation - only difficulty is waiting for Nitram Anizok to walk to Xanamech Nezmirthafen, he's SO slow. Oh and when you need to kill Manaetic Behemoth, use a second toon to kill spiders on one door while you cover the other. Running back and forth does not cut it, I tried!
  • Plane of Nightmare - do the Hedge Maze Event to get the key, again slow walking npc, but the Terris Thule kill is easy
  • Crypt of Decay - click in, turn around click chair, start event (Carprin Cycle to enter no longer required, wahoo!). Put character on puller/tank rad 150 and hi/lo about 100 and let the chaos killing commence. Berty just died.
  • Plane of Torment - hmm, struggling with this. Thought I had required flags, but npc in Tranquility not flagging me, so need to check.
  • Plane of Storms - Askr the Losts Giant Collection quest, simple enough using /nav spawn <spawn_name> :) Gather drops, follow text & combines.
  • Plane of Valor - again key yourself for Aerin'Dar door, then go in and kill, easy.
  • Plane of Tactics - just completed this morning. What a laugh! Got to Vallon Zek and could not get him to died, let him at 1%! (very odd) Killed Tallon Zek easy. Read (again) the Rallos Zek event, followed steps and remembers way_back_when and laughed at how easy it is now!!!
So after about 2-3 days of gentle hails, keys, flags and laughs that's where I currently am. I'm still surprised at how long/much effort is required and awe inspired by people who have done this.

If I get more than 5 Taco's I may consider you interested in some follow up notes ;) Have fun out there and remember...a Gnome is not just for Christmas, with some inventiveness, you can eat them all year round!
I will say a few things...

1. make sure you have 6 PCs to do/open Agents of Change(AoCs) (fresh, guaranteed instances for PoP flagging)
2. I'm glad that the content was OLD and I could blow through it, though it was still a fun experience/walk through old content
3. make sure you do your TS trophies at 0 skill and upgrade them each time you can, will save you a TON of time
4. As a group content player, this was my version of min/max and raiding... so that's why I did it, but only for my tank(s)

First time I did it, took me 7 weeks (FRESH-- no TS, no AoCs, no PoP flags, nothing); crafted my own seals, had to learn up alchemy and poison crafting (additionally to my tank's TSing)

Second time, after going through it once... AoCs (make sure you have 6 PCs to open these up each time/didn't have to compete nor wait on named mobs for PoP Flagging any longer), learned my lesson regarding TS trophies (do them at 0 skill on up, not max TS then trophies LOL)... took me 1.5 weeks FRESH TS and all, bought up seals this time around also!

1. make sure you have 6 PCs to do/open AoCs
2. I'm glad that the content was OLD and I could blow through it, though it was still a fun experience/walk through old content
3. make sure you do your TS trophies at 0 skill and upgrade them each time you can, will save you a TON of time
4. As a group content player, this was my version of min/max and raiding... so that's why I did it, but only for my tank(s)

First time I did it, took me 7 weeks (FRESH-- no TS, no AoCs, no PoP flags, nothing); crafted my own seals, had to learn up alchemy and poison crafting (additionally to my tank's TSing)

Second time, after going through it once... AoCs (make sure you have 6 PCs to open these up each time/didn't have to compete nor wait on named mobs for PoP Flagging any longer), learned my lesson regarding TS trophies (do them at 0 skill on up, not max TS then trophies LOL)... took me 1.5 weeks FRESH TS and all, bought up seals this time around also!
What is this AoC thing?

What is this AoC thing?
Because many raids have server wide lock outs and many players want to get those same raids but can't if someone else has just done them so the devs created Agents of Change

An Agent of Change (AoC) is an NPC that offers you a raid instance for raid mobs. So you hail him and get the raid you need but it will be available even if someone else just did the raid.

But you in turn, also get lock outs - three timers, Replay, Loot Lockout, and the Named lockout

It's a fun quest. I will say that doing TS to 350 was tedious and I took one or two breaks for few weeks because I was so fed up with endless combines, overflowing inventory etc.

I have done this when the quest became available. Back then we had no AoC and it was giant pita competing with others for PoP kills. The server had a channel and people were supposed to announce kills, offer raid invites, but mostly they just quietly slaughtered things ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thank you for chipping in guys. There are some nice snippets that will help. We all need goals to keep us motivated and this is mine for now:)

Plane of Torment - update to follow, but hardest part so far!

Well Torment lived up to it's name! Just manged to create A Screaming Sphere! Taken ALL day.

Hunting the Orbs of Pain, Suffering, Anguish and Agony is just a plain pita-camp exercise. Then I thought the easy part would be the Baraguj Szuul event, but killed him in one bloody hit! End of or so I thought until I remembered lhcrumb3 and his AoC's - Wonderful!!! Love you sir. Logged in some puppies, grouped up, hailed an AOC and new instance of Torment with Baraguj Szuul. This time I set pet to neutral, backed up to him, debuffed and sat - lovely chubbily, teleport into stomach...rest was a cake walk!

Happy. Just finished Solusek Ro Tower, with kill of Solusek Ro. Main issue of the day...hails! Make sure to hail Grand Librarian Maelin, Seer Mal Nae`Shi and Gram Dunnar.

I checked my list, made sure I checked it twice! And still could not get into the Tower!!! All down to missing one Named and not getting the correct flags. So easy to mess up. But done:)

Only the Elementals left!

1. make sure you have 6 PCs to do/open Agents of Change(AoCs) (fresh, guaranteed instances for PoP flagging)

You can't start trophies until skill 50 but yes, do them asap.

TBH the elemental plains final flags to Time were easy(ier) than the initial parts, and got it completed quite quickly.

Next started working on Tradeskills and trying to get the final quest from Lebounde Ab Dolmen.
My bad, I got all the bits and talked with him, got some initial Seal quests (to make) but not all and not the final quest. Why, because I skipped some parts, and he told me so! lol
So went back and got Earring of the Solstice.
Currently working on TS to get started on Aid Grimel, and then need Eron's Jewelry.
I did (cheat???) buy the full set of Artisan Seals, but was told by seller that it may be prudent to at least make one (Fishing as it's easy.) Cost me 2KR, but take a look at the amount of TSing involved and to me it was worth it.

Still grinding it out.....

Gratz me, just got past another milestone - Signet of the Arcane, from Aid Grimel series of quests.

Notes;
  • Tradeskill Construction Set NeXt is a MUST. Love it, love jb321 for doing this Lua (update from his previous.) - just saves SO much time with tradeskills.
  • Make sure you have access to a Tinker 288+, I had to do a lot of asking at busy times to get help here for certain items to make things.

TBH today I'm hitting a bit of a wall with the Eron's Jewelery series of quests! I think the first signs were when I was missing Prawns! Bloody prawns! Bonzz's guide had fish and it wasn't until I looked at Alla that I found I was missing prawns!! Fished em up outside in the pond and bingo! Gawd how I hate prawns at the moment.

Just got started on step 5 and I'm truly flagging just reading where we have to run to and get again. It's almost getting to be the big joke now, not a sensible series of quests. Just a run around....but I am tired, so taking a break is probably a good idea. (that or strong coffee, go for a run, shower and beat it on the head with a baseball bat!!!!!!!)

Phew...."You have completed achievement: Eron's Jewelry."

Quite a long chain of quests. Nothing challenging, but just remember to read the quests, collect what you need to farm and use Tradeskill Construction Set NeXt :)

Oh wow, oh wow... I'd already bought the Seals, so chatted with Lebounde ab Dolmen and he gave me the master quest: The Artisan's Prize

So ran to bank and handed them to him, did the final quest bits and suddenly wham! "You have completed the achievement: The Artisan's Prize.

I am SO HAPPY!

Artisans Prize.png

TBH today I'm hitting a bit of a wall with the Eron's Jewelery series of quests! I think the first signs were when I was missing Prawns! Bloody prawns! Bonzz's guide had fish and it wasn't until I looked at Alla that I found I was missing prawns!! Fished em up outside in the pond and bingo! Gawd how I hate prawns at the moment.

Just got started on step 5 and I'm truly flagging just reading where we have to run to and get again. It's almost getting to be the big joke now, not a sensible series of quests. Just a run around....but I am tired, so taking a break is probably a good idea. (that or strong coffee, go for a run, shower and beat it on the head with a baseball bat!!!!!!!)
I definitely had one screen with a LOT of TABs open when I was doing the Prize; crossreferencing steps helped ALOT and/or reading comments on each of the websites when available! :)

Just my two [red] cents.

Oh wow, oh wow... I'd already bought the Seals, so chatted with Lebounde ab Dolmen and he gave me the master quest: The Artisan's Prize

So ran to bank and handed them to him, did the final quest bits and suddenly wham! "You have completed the achievement: The Artisan's Prize.

I am SO HAPPY!

View attachment 41794
Best thing I ever did (the 2nd time around) was purchase the Seals; I had done it for the nostalgia the first time around, but TIME is MONEY lol :P rather spend the money than the time to have done it again!

GRATZ on the AP; as a group player only, I find it is worth it... and gave me some variety in my group content play :)

Just my two [red] cents.

I just tried my luck on the Plane of innovation, but the spiders keep slipping through. I had my War on one monitor, and my Mage on a 2nd PC, but still could not keep up. Does anyone have any tips for this one? Since the spiders are non aggro, a CWTN tank setup does not help.

I just tried my luck on the Plane of innovation, but the spiders keep slipping through. I had my War on one monitor, and my Mage on a 2nd PC, but still could not keep up. Does anyone have any tips for this one? Since the spiders are non aggro, a CWTN tank setup does not help.

I put a tank on one side in puller tank mode, a melee in pause at the inactive boss with attack on, and manually did the spiders on the other side.

I put a tank on one side in puller tank mode, a melee in pause at the inactive boss with attack on, and manually did the spiders on the other side.
Yup, I did huntertank for this ezpz

Guys, I need some wisdom on Crypt of Decay please... @Sinickal said "click chair, start event", but when I click the chair at zone-in, I only get ported to the zone-out (some stone pillar with green-ish light). Could anyone help me what to do here?
The guide for flagging that I use is http://www.bonzz.com/planprog.htm ; however it says I need to do Carprin.

Hey @FB ; so from what I remember you need to be in the 'basement area' for the main event - to kill Bertoxxulous.

To kick this event off you need to " Then zone-in and click the chair in back of the room, right there at the zone in. This will take you to the lower section of the zone (also known as CoD B)."

The Bertoxxulous event is run in CoD-B

The Carprin event is no longer required (if you are high enough level)

Hope that helps clarify.

Hey @FB ; so from what I remember you need to be in the 'basement area' for the main event - to kill Bertoxxulous.

To kick this event off you need to " Then zone-in and click the chair in back of the room, right there at the zone in. This will take you to the lower section of the zone (also known as CoD B)."

The Bertoxxulous event is run in CoD-B

The Carprin event is no longer required (if you are high enough level)

Hope that helps clarify.

Thank you. So just to be sure, I don't need to do the Caiprin cycle in Crypt of decay A for the Artisan Prize?

Discussion - The Artisan's Prize - a side story or a joke!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back