• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Thats a ridiculous amount of RAM - What are you going to do with it? ME: Play EQ! (1 Viewer)

Omg you upgraded me by 20 lmao.
I just got a DL360p Gen8 but it only has 96 gb of ram.
The main eqemu dev said about my DL360p "You really don't need enterprise grade space heaters to run an eqemu server though."

360p.jpg

Ran out of bananas so had to use an orange for scale

Server envy now I want a DL380 too.

Sounds like a great raid box. If only they weren't so power hungry and noisy!

Edit: I said that tongue in cheek before I realized that @Szazor is actually one of the handful of players here I keep an eye on for crumbs of raid MQ raiding knowledge. haha

Omg you upgraded me by 20 lmao.
I just got a DL360p Gen8 but it only has 96 gb of ram.
The main eqemu dev said about my DL360p "You really don't need enterprise grade space heaters to run an eqemu server though."

View attachment 40386

Ran out of bananas so had to use an orange for scale

Server envy now I want a DL380 too.
Are you running your own eqemu server?

Oh the suspense. I can neither confirm or deny the existence of a Red Guides or Maskoi Emu Server.

proxmox.png

server-bootup.png

Does a EMU server really exist if no one logs in?

Sorry forgot the Air Quotes
"I can neither confirm or deny the existence of a Red Guides or Maskoi Emu Server."

dr-evil.gif

oh come on guys, just 1 server?
i have a t710, r710, r610, and a no name akin to a t610 running freenas with a 40TB san attached for my data hording tendencies. i am retiring my 610 and umm, "slightly" upgrading my ram on the others. my t710 runs an nvidia 1660 super 6gb card and 8 2tb hdds on a raid 10 on linux mint with plex, a ftp, nextcloud and other dockerized containers, the t710 has a gt 970 FTW 4gb card with 6 1.2 tb hdds in a raid 5 running linux mint will be my replacement for home automation replacing the r610.

oh come on guys, just 1 server?
i have a t710, r710, r610, and a no name akin to a t610 running freenas with a 40TB san attached for my data hording tendencies. i am retiring my 610 and umm, "slightly" upgrading my ram on the others. my t710 runs an nvidia 1660 super 6gb card and 8 2tb hdds on a raid 10 on linux mint with plex, a ftp, nextcloud and other dockerized containers, the t710 has a gt 970 FTW 4gb card with 6 1.2 tb hdds in a raid 5 running linux mint will be my replacement for home automation replacing the r610.
da man is totally just smashing random letters and numbers together

haha, @Jetanroth. those pics are the r710 and r610 and the t710 and a network switch. just to let you know they weren't a figment of my mind. i would take a pic of the r515 but its right beside me not up yet.

the orange lights are from me using just 1 ps at a time. they flip blue as soon as the other plug is in

Attachments

• 20220621_193738.jpg
    20220621_193738.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220621_194021.jpg
    20220621_194021.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
mine are space heaters and use electricity like mad. that room is easily the most uncomfortable room in the house. i am currently looking at an air conditioned rack. i pulled 4 20 amp circuits (with 10 ga wire, i know its overkill) off a secondary breaker box with a 200 amp service to power this room. now i need to upgrade my internet from dial up /s

mine are space heaters and use electricity like mad. that room is easily the most uncomfortable room in the house. i am currently looking at an air conditioned rack. i pulled 4 20 amp circuits (with 10 ga wire, i know its overkill) off a secondary breaker box with a 200 amp service to power this room. now i need to upgrade my internet from dial up /s
do-you-want-no0ae4.jpg

Hmm, ty for that info. Was always inclined to upgrade my RAM and try it myself. But somehow I imagined, that this wouldn't improve much compared to the M.02 SSD.
So confirmed and I can burrow this Idea.

Dell used to make a ROBO box called a VRTX which was pretty much home lab panacea. 4 2S blades and ~30 drives. Quiet enough to put under a desk. Would have loved to get my hands on a retired one but never did.

Funny - Thats a ridiculous amount of RAM - What are you going to do with it? ME: Play EQ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back