• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Test Update 9/8/2021 - Patch Notes (1 Viewer)

RedCents
655¢
September 8, 2021

*** Highlights ***

- Agents of Change are now available for all-access members on all servers.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Bloogy Shellcracker will no longer accept Water Dragon Meat. However, his brother Roogy Shellcracker will be able to help you with that.
- NPCs that have an active loot lock will now only accept trades from players that belong to the credited party.
- Cikdew has found her voice and will be looking for assistance during the Nights of the Dead.
- Arlien Browch has been seen hauling a large shipment of pumpkins. She should reach the Commonlands Tunnel just in time for the Nights of the Dead.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed an issue where Steadfast Servants would refuse to cast Servant's Haste on players who have unlocked any ranks of the Item: Hidden Power / Ancestral Memories AA ability line.
- Dark Rites charges are no longer consumed when memorizing spells.
- Updated the confirmation popup box for translocate spells to not disappear if you enter combat.
- - Updated the confirmation popup box for translocate spells to last for 2 minutes.
- - Updated translocate spells to land on targets that are in combat. (The caster still cannot be in combat. )
- Corrected an issue where the Gambit line of Wizard spells could cause the Wizard to damage themselves with an offensive proc.

*** AA ***

- Corrected an issue with the AA ability Companion's Discipline that granted the ability to use the /pet qswarm command at the wrong rank.
- - Corrected an issue where pet command hotkeys would issue the wrong command. Hotkeys for target, swarm, qswarm, resume, and swleave will need to be re-made.
- Corrected an issue where the damage bonuses to Archery and Throwing from Weapon Mastery of the Scout and Weapon Mastery of the Juggernaut were giving only a small percentage of the intended bonus. They should now give roughly the same damage bonus seen for melee weapons.

*** NPCs ***

- Venril Sathir is no longer susceptible to mesmerization spells.
- The Seeds of Destruction Hunter achievements now have appropriate completion rewards:
- - The Voidslayer achievement now grants a 28 slot bag and the titles "Voidslayer" and "the Voidslayer"
- - The Expert Hunter achievement now grants a 26 slot bag
- - The Veteran Hunter achievement now grants a 24 slot bag
- - The Adapt Hunter achievement now grants a 22 slot bag
- - The Novice Hunter achievement now grants a 20 slot bag
- Added missing hunter targets to their respective achievements:
- - Gates of Discord: Hunter of Riwi: Pixxt Hihkx
- - Gates of Discord: Hunter of Riwi: Pixxt Kihkx
- - Gates of Discord: Hunter of Kod'Taz: Enslaved Vrex Zealot
- - Omens of War: Nobles' Causeway: Stone Thrower

*** Overseer ***

- Made a speculative fix to missing Overseer quests.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Fixed an issue with the loot on some prominent Velious raid targets that prevented proper randomization on Mischief and Thornblade.
- Reduced the respawn time of Gloradin Coldheart by some amount.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where NPCs would drop you from their hatelist if you were too far away under the wrong conditions.
- Login timeout errors no longer display the wrong error message, such as "String not found."
- Added a chat message when receiving a translocate.
- - The dialog box from the kickplayers command will no longer invalidate other dialog boxes, like those from translocate spells.
- - Translocate spells can now be cast on yourself.

*** UI ***

- Corrected a spelling error when a player is too low level to give PVP points.
- Corrected an issue where heal over time spells would display negative values on NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where the reuse time on activated items would sometimes fail to display correctly.

- Changed -
EQUI_Inventory.xml
EQUI_KeyRingWnd.xml
EQUI_LootWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team

Agents of change on all servers is huge. Wasn't someone here giving out about elemental planes not being instanced to do flagging for Aid Grimel/Artisan Prize.

Will depend whether all access is just required for the toon requesting the instance which is the case I'd hope.

** Highlights ***

FUCK YES FINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNALLY. I've been bitching about this on the eq forums for fucking YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAARS.

I'm also curious what kind of boost this gives:

- Corrected an issue where the damage bonuses to Archery and Throwing from Weapon Mastery of the Scout and Weapon Mastery of the Juggernaut were giving only a small percentage of the intended bonus. They should now give roughly the same damage bonus seen for melee weapons.

Does this mean I can go spawn the mob in vex thal that drops the ivu earring? Not really sure what agents of change does exactly

Agents of change let you have your own spawned instance for your raid, so you can go spawn old raids,
This be interesting during fabled season

Does this mean I can go spawn the mob in vex thal that drops the ivu earring? Not really sure what agents of change does exactly

Kind of, you can pop an instanced version of the zone, including that mob , trash mobs won't respawn, and when you kill the mob it will be 'locked out' of future intances of the zone for 7 days. so you can get the mob, but the earring still has to drop; so it may take you a few weeks to get this..

I did that exact thing on Phinny a couple months before we lost AoC, trying to get all the old things I really wanted to have while it was easy.

I did that exact thing on Phinny a couple months before we lost AoC, trying to get all the old things I really wanted to have while it was easy.

Just curious what are some of the items that you were after that might be worth putting on the farm list?

Agents of change on all servers is huge. Wasn't someone here giving out about elemental planes not being instanced to do flagging for Aid Grimel/Artisan Prize.

Will depend whether all access is just required for the toon requesting the instance which is the case I'd hope.

Son of a...Of course right after I finally finish PoP progression

Kind of, you can pop an instanced version of the zone, including that mob , trash mobs won't respawn, and when you kill the mob it will be 'locked out' of future intances of the zone for 7 days. so you can get the mob, but the earring still has to drop; so it may take you a few weeks to get this..

Have not paid attention to how AoC really works.

Lets say you have 1 account 10 characters on that account that can kill the bosses/trash by themselves. Can you do it 10x in 1 day ?
e.g timer is tied to character not account wide ?

I’m so freakin stoked for AoCs… I’m doing all the things!!!

Just curious what are some of the items that you were after that might be worth putting on the farm list?

Bone Earring of Evasion was a big one
Circlet of Disguise
Seru mount, (although I think that newer mounts offer the same speed bonus, with this on my keyring I am not fully sure)
I used them for epic drops; won't list those all here.
Akhevan Shadow Shears and other Tradeskill mod items for luclin, can be useful early in skilling up Tradeskills.

Have not paid attention to how AoC really works.

Lets say you have 1 account 10 characters on that account that can kill the bosses/trash by themselves. Can you do it 10x in 1 day ?
e.g timer is tied to character not account wide ?

AoC has always been account based. The lockout is for all characters on that account on that server.

I can confirm that AoC are account based, locking out all on that account for that server.

Trash respawns in the AoC ?

No, Trash does not respawn in AoC instance, as a general rule nothing respawns, mobs and things triggered by events and script will trigger with that event and script, but regular spawn cycles are off.

Agents of change let you have your own spawned instance for your raid, so you can go spawn old raids,
This be interesting during fabled season
The past few Fabled Seasons I have played using AoC have not been spawning Fabled mobs in the instances, but I play on the test server so it is likely a bug on test that no one really cares to fix.

No, Trash does not respawn in AoC instance, as a general rule nothing respawns, mobs and things triggered by events and script will trigger with that event and script, but regular spawn cycles are off.

Trash can respawn if you're in it long enough. We are talking 4ish hours of the 6 it is available.

Do Hunter achievements work inside the zones? If I was farming Quillmane, could I spawn an instance every 3 days or so for a chance at him rather than mass slaughtering?

Do Hunter achievements work inside the zones? If I was farming Quillmane, could I spawn an instance every 3 days or so for a chance at him rather than mass slaughtering?

yes hunters work. But not all zones have AoC. Just zones with raid targets. I don’t recall NK having one but I could be mistaken.

I don’t know if any AoCs that respawn trash. Things can spawn if they have that long of a timer or have triggers, but I can’t think of anything that respawns normally even in the 6 hours you have it available.

Quillmane is South Karana and no AoC.

I don’t know if any AoCs that respawn trash. Things can spawn if they have that long of a timer or have triggers, but I can’t think of anything that respawns normally even in the 6 hours you have it available.

Quillmane is South Karana and no AoC.
I should have used an AOC zone when I commented. :( In general though, named can spawn is what I gathered if its an AOC zone.

I usually just mass slaughter until I find Quillmane and then only kills PHs. During my mass slaughter, I leave anything that's known to be not a Quillmane PH up.

Next patch, Agents of Change coming to LIVE servers. QoL change here. Stupid campers always killing old raid mobs, so I can't get my stuff and achievements!
Hell YAH!

Its basically Echelon's Guide guide and its all about the timing of the trash. You need to have a track window open and time the next spawn. Anything at 66 sec is a possible ph for Quill. Here is the long version. Because this is so opposite a normal camp procedure to spawn a named it was difficult for me to understand it at first. But it makes sense once you get the hang of it.

This is the procedure broken down in simple terms: You kill one of the possible placeholders and start your stopwatch. You watch the tracking window and see if anything spawns exactly 66 seconds after you killed the mob. If nothing spawns... that wasn't the placeholder... now find another mob and try again. If something spawns after the 66 second timer... there's a good chance that's the place holder. Kill that new mob that spawned and start the 66 second timer again. If something spawns exactly 66 seconds after that died... you can be pretty certain you're killing the Quillmane placeholder.

This is his write up:

South Karana is home to many named and quest mobs. If the named you are looking for is not up, there is a placeholder wandering somewhere in the zone that you will need to find. A good starting place to find a PH for a named is at the Lair of the Splitpaw. Most, if not all, PH's will eventually path through Splitpaw. Some PH's will walk north to south and some will walk south to north but they will all walk straight through paw at some point in their travels. If a named is up, they will also path through paw just like their PH's do.

The PH's for many named are basically wandering yard trash; the key word being wandering. All PH's and the named mobs wander. Do not kill static mobs as they are not PH's. The aviaks at the tree city are not PH's. The gnolls at Splitpaw are not PH's. The gnolls wandering around Splitpaw are only PH's for the named gnolls.

The wandering PH mobs that you are looking for to spawn Brother Qwinn, Quillmane or other named mobs are often lions, wolfs, centaurs, elephants, aviaks, escaped splitpaw gnolls with an occasional cyclops, treant or other unusual mob.

Don't get hung up on the type of PH that is spawning. The key to popping your named is where in the zone your PH's are spawning. There are a few cycles such as a named centaur who's PH's are always centaurs and a named aviak who's PH's are always aviaks, but these are an exception.

Once you kill a PH on one of these named "cycles", another PH should pop in 66/78 seconds. If another mob spawns 66/78 seconds after you kill something, you are probably now on a cycle of one of a dozen or more possible named. You can continue to kill mobs that spawn every 66/78 seconds until a named pops.

Static mobs in the zone respawn about every5- 6 minutes. So don't bother with anything that takes longer than 2 minutes to spawn. I have observed some cycles that pop PH's around every 36 seconds. Shaman Ren'Rex appears to spawn on one of these 36 second cycles. And not really what we want for Quill.

Now to make this work:
  • You need a tracker with tracking sort set to normal. Preferably a ranger with max tracking AA's. New mobs spawning in the zone appear at the top of the list using "normal" tracking.

• Bards and druids have "normal" tracking but rangers have the ability to sort. Rangers also have greater tracking range. You need to be patient to use this method. Finding named using this method is surgical. However, I have proven time and again that this method is faster than slaughtering everything in the zone over and over again.

• I tend to work one cycle at a time, killing one PH every 78 seconds until I feel comfortable that it's the cycle I'm looking for. Because this method is surgical and requires tracking, other people hunting or slaughtering in the zone may confuse your tracker with their repops. Your tracker may be able to work around this if he is very exacting on his 78 second repop timer. Keep in mind that once your named pops and dies, the PH cycle continues every 78 seconds. You will either get the same named in 78 seconds or another PH.

• I often chain spawn Quillmane for those that want/need. Because some mobs on certain cycles can pop in the extreme north or south part of the zone, this can often happen out of the range of the trackers ability. The tracker may have to run around the zone a bit to pick up his new spawn. Again, it is difficult to do this if others are hunting in the zone and popping respawns. I often use a familiar as a placeholder on tracking sort to help me keep track of new and old spawns. I kill the familiar and recast it as I feel necessary. Refreshing your track window as soon as you kill a PH and keeping it open until 78 seconds rolls around helps keep you organized too.

• If you spawn the wrong named, leave it up. That way you won't hunt that particular wrong PH cycle again. Wandering PH's and named basically walk a figure 8 or hourglass shape path the around entire zone with the bottleneck of the figure 8 or hourglass located at Splitpaw. I usually wait on the north or south side of Splitpaw and observe the wandering PH's that roam from the north or south. When I'm trying to locate the Quillmane cycle, I tend to watch for lions, lionesses, escaped splitpaw gnolls or "an elephant". Fabled creatures spawn on the same cycle as regular named. Sometimes a new mob may just appear on track for no apparent reason. This may be due to the game randomly despawning and respawning mobs or mobs of different factions slaying each other.

Typical Quillmane spawn area (66/78 second cycle). From my experience, PH's for Quillmane always pop south of Paw with many of the PH's popping towards the west wall. Other PH's can pop to the south or east but if many are popping near the west part of the zone and south of Paw, you are probably on the Quillmane cycle. Quillmane's PH's typically path north once they start roaming.

When an elephant spawns on this cycle, it is always "an elephant" and no other type of elephant. Expect lots of lions and lionesses on this cycle. Quillmane does not drop the cloak every time he spawns.

Is Vox and Nagafen AoC targets? Would be fun to bring a group of decked out 52s to kill :) - Also, if that is the case can you also have over level 52 chars in raid if say you want to loot a rez stick with one?

Is Vox and Nagafen AoC targets? Would be fun to bring a group of decked out 52s to kill :) - Also, if that is the case can you also have over level 52 chars in raid if say you want to loot a rez stick with one?
They are both AoC targets and you can be above 52 and kill them.

They do not drop res sticks.

News - Test Update 9/8/2021 - Patch Notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back