April 18, 2018
*** Highlights ***
*** Items ***
- Upgraded the model on Jeweled Sarnak Focus of the Elemental, Jeweled Hoarded Worker Sledgemallet, and Jeweled Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana to an equivalent model with particles.
- Changed Guardian's Boon to affect all combat skills and not only blunt.
- Ingenious and Savvy Conflagrant Earrings now have the standard recast timer for Geomantra.
- Focused Strike of the Blood Orchid now uses Chromatic resists.
- The Skull of Null and Jeweled Skull of Null are now convertible items. One item is the full charm, the other is for clicking from inventory.
- - The equippable version requires that it is equipped for the click to work (This was true already due to it being a charm, though some caching would allow it to work if it was equipped then unequipped).
- - As a side effect, converting and converting back will fix the charms that are not working for players that had the Skull before the evolving data was attached.
- Corrected the names of Faycite Shards available from Ring of Scale vendors. Shards that change spell duration are now correctly called Durus and shards that change spell recast time are correctly called Tempus.
- Corrected errors in the lore and text for Cliff Stone, Scorpikis Worry Stone, Magma Stone, Enchanted Dragon Scale.
- Added stats, for reference only, to power sources.
- Old style molds for weapon ornaments have a convert button to change them into an Augment.
- Many unused tradeskill items have been removed from vendors. This mostly affected old Dragons of Norrath or Prophecy of Ro cultural items.
- - The item information that shows "This item is no longer used in tradeskills" has been removed.
- Reverted the starter weapon Short Sword* and Club* weapon models to a classic look.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Changed Ring of Scale poison drops from "Tainted X" to "Desiccated X."
- Changed the required level of all Ring of Scale poisons and components to 106.
- Fixed the name of the recipe for Tome of Savage Volley Rk. II.
- Crestra's Earring combines now require a minimum skill. For fishing this is 200. For the easy 202 trivial combines, the minimum skill is 202, for the rest of the combines the minimum skill is 300.
- Phlogiston items are now Prestige.
*** Quests And Events ***
- Nineteenth Anniversary quests no longer require the player to own the Ring of Scale expansion, but do require Ring of Scale to be open on the server before they appear.
- A Formal Dinner Party (19th Anniversary) - Made several changes to this mission:
- - Removed the erroneous faction hit on some NPCs.
- - Reduced the difficulty of most, but not all, NPCs.
- - Corrected some typos and misspellings.
- - Removed the two orcs from the other side of the dining room door.
- - Players will not get the secondary success for proper investigation if they give Melion the incorrect food.
- - The instance will now only allow a total of 6 players and/or mercenaries.
- - This mission will only reward one red berry paste in a chest if the mission is done correctly.
- - While the berry paste is appreciated, the augment will no longer be given to players that have not completed the mission.
- Pieces is Pieces (19th Anniversary) - Made several changes to this quest:
- - The combine for Deep Caverns Collector's Case now requires the task to be complete.
- - Quest items are no longer marked as collectible and are now lore.
- - Changed the replay timer so it no longer conflicts with Fish Eyes in the Dark.
- Liquid Courage (16th Anniversary) - The spells cast by NPCs in this Heroic Adventure will now scale correctly.
- Defending Knowledge (15th Anniversary) - The task will only give the horn reward when the task is complete.
- End of Empire (Mission) - This should now give the proper challenge achievement for Stalwart Guardian.
- Assault on Atrebe - Fixed a brief spelling error.
- Hoshkar - Corrected an error in the dragon's combat that could cause large delays between a message and the attack it is meant to warn about.
- Sathir's Tomb raids - Combatable Sarnaks are now KoS.
- Drusella's Vault - Made a few tuning changes to this event.
- - Reduced health on the bonepile and ooze spawners.
- - Increased health on basket spawners.
- - Reduced radius of Drusella's aura.
- - Reduced frequency of Drusella's wander.
- Lost but Not Forgotten - Various changes and improvements have been made to this Heroic Adventure.
- - Harris Feril's adds now share aggro with him.
- - Harris Feril's HP are locked until his adds have been slain.
- - Forceful Presence's adds now share aggro with her.
- - Forceful Presence's HP are locked until her adds have been slain.
- - Forceful Presence should no longer teleport to an unreachable location occasionally.
- - If anyone in the ward's area of effect has the Warded Bag, no one will be teleported.
- - The message indicating how to remove the ward should display more reliably.
- - Messages indicating that the Forceful Presence will soon spawn should display more reliably.
- - Bosses are now immune to many crowd control effects.
- - The task now locks on element 6 instead of element 3.
- - Sila will no longer give her medallion to the person that gives her Hilus's Journal, as this method of receiving the medallion doesn't update the task. The task expects the medallion to be looted from the Forceful Presence.
- Tail of Discovery - Fixed a typo in the Partisan of The Howling stones achievement component for this quest.
- Cost of Balance - Fixed a bug that caused the final power conduit to be unkillable.
- Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls (Mission) - Fixed a bug that was causing Poison Blast to occur more often than it should have in phase 2 of the event.
- Knargon Lanenda in North Qeynos will again respond to the phrase 'courier.'
- The Berserker newbie armor quest givers now respond to text that matches the highlights in the dialog.
*** Spells ***
- Cleric - Corrected the stun levels on Silent Directive.
- Cleric - Corrected the resist type of the Holy Intervention Strike line from physical to chromatic.
- Enchanter - Strengthened runes from levels 76-90 and lowered the strength of runes above level 95.
- Enchanter - Increased the recast time of all "Unity" runes.
- Enchanter - Added hate overrides to self and single target rune spells above level 70.
- Detrimental duration extension will no longer cause Damage Over Time spells that increase in damage over their duration (ex: Splurt) to lose damage.
- Corrected an issue where the DoT damage you took was initially being reported to you without accounting for DoT shielding.
- Fixed a problem that allowed buffs with stacking blockers to block debuffs in some cases.
*** AA ***
- Shaman - Fixed a bug that prevented Rabid Bear's Protection from absorbing the intended amount of damage.
*** NPCs ***
- Some general blacksmithing merchants now carry a Small Helm Mold. This includes Ilanon Untitia in East Freeport.
- Mayor Salvador West will no longer attend the evening parties in Sul Vius and will remain in his office. This should prevent him from getting lost on his way back to work.
- Sverag - Rare NPCs that were not respawning properly when population changed should do so now. Specifically addresses issue with Soulfury Embermeer, but should fix others with similar issues.
- Bertoxxulous worshiping gnomes can now interact with the Parcels and Noble Exchange NPC in the Ak`Anon bank.
- Vex Thal - The Akhevan Warders should despawn more reliably when their associated boss has been slain.
- Added a Parcels and Noble Exchange vendor in the Paineel bank.
- Fixed several NPCs that used interactive object stats but were not actually interactive objects.
- Vendors in cities in original EverQuest have more consistent and more correct titles under their names.
- Tigers across Norrath celebrate by roaring in delight! In classic zones, Tigers have reverted to their classic appearance.
- The Arisen Dragoon T`Vex and The Arisen Dragoon T`Vem will no longer drop Hero's Forge boots.
- An Arisen officer and an Arisen marine will no longer drop a legacy spear and shield.
- Fixed a problem where Alerynril the Loyal would sometimes hold a bag in her right hand.
- Updated various hunter achievements to remove NPCs that no longer fit the definition of 'rare' NPC, and add some NPCs were not previously included.
*** Mercenaries ***
- The following raids no longer allow mercenaries: The Plane of Fear: Revisited, The Plane of Hate: Revisited, Hate's Fury: Seventeen Pieces of Silver, Cazic's Final Stand.
*** Collections ***
*** Progression Servers ***
- Corrected an issue where a race change, Heroic Character upgrade, or speaking with Warlowe Rida could result in a loss of spells.
- All Agent of Change raid instances now offer reduced experience compared to the open air version of the zone. Previously this was handled inconsistently.
- Bosses will stop using Mitigation of the Mighty and applying Mark of the Mighty aura 5 era years after the content was introduced.
- Tipsy Gnome Race - If Kunark hasn't unlocked on the server, the final target Dibster `Dibs` Biroboddle will be on the accessible side of the locked door leading to the basement.
- Lord Pickclaw has a chance to drop Grotesque Mask or Black Iron Girdle when Velious has not yet unlocked.
- Permafrost, The Chilling Terror will not spawn until Lost Dungeons of Norrath is unlocked.
- The Aviak Avenger event in South Karana will not run until Gates of Discord is unlocked.
- Many Freeport poison quest spawns have been restricted to the launch of Seeds of Destruction.
- Numinous Weapon Augmenting is available when House of Thule opens.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Performed additional upgrades to both the client and server to utilize more modern hardware and operating system features.
- - EverQuest will no longer run on operating systems older than Windows 7.
- - Please refer to the minimum system requirements on our website.
- Relic can now hold an unlimited number of adventurers.
- Fixed a problem that allowed players to create characters with the same name on the same server in some cases.
- Sounds should no longer randomly play multiple times or suddenly increase volume for no reason.
- The music player will now remember your volume between logins.
- Titles granted for purchasing AA abilities are no longer restricted to specific categories or expansions. You now gain titles for spending 6, 18, and 42 points in any AA ability category.
- Made improvements to the pathing in Gorowyn so that the denizens of the fortress city will better understand how to walk through doorways.
- Test Dummies can now cast Mitigation of the Mighty 1 - 5 when asked.
*** UI ***
- Fixed a display bug with the pet window when right clicking pet-buff icons.
- Updated /useitem to accept item names:
- - Specifying the full name of an item will now allow you to activate it directly without having to ensure the item is in a specific inventory slot.
- - This functionality now allows items in your key rings to be activated with the /useitem command.
- Reduced the size of borders on a number of UI windows.
- Adventure point merchants will no longer display coin selling prices.
- Changed the messaging when choosing a race/class/city that has not been unlocked on a server.
- When race changing, expansion restricted cities and races will now be unavailable.
- Fixed an issue that prevented find destinations from being displayed on your map when mysterious forces prevented the route to that target from being drawn.
- Fixed an issue causing the Toggle Border to reset.
- When using /copylayout, it will now look for any valid ini files in the uifiles folder in addition to the inis in the main install folder.
- Selling an item with an augment in it to an Adventure Merchant should no longer cause your game to stop responding.
- Made the following improvements to item hotkeys:
- - Item hotkeys will now display the total count of items in your inventory, rather than the count of the first stack.
- - Items will now display the total number of charges for items that use them.
- - Item hotkeys for items that are no longer in your inventory will now display the icon/name of the missing item rather than 'Not Found'.
- - Pre-existing item hotkeys will need to be remade to get these updates.
- Changed -
*** Previously Updated ***
- The EverQuest Team