• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Test patch notes. (1 Viewer)

SomeTester

RedCents
924¢
Here are the patch notes.

Items ***

- Proc chance increase is now correctly applied to Surge of Ice on the Velium Threaded Arcane Staff.
- Volcanic Billow Shard can no longer be placed in a bank.

*** Quests & Events ***

- This Can't Be Good - animated spell books will have Glowing Pages again.
- Fixed an exploit in the Zlandicar Reborn mission that could grant an unearned chest.
- Aaryonar Raid - The Echoes will no longer be removed when they block a spell. Consider that this will force a change of tactics to control which person has the highest rank of these spells.
- - Aaryonar Mission - Made the aura punishment effects less harsh. Root balls will no longer explode and will go away much faster. Reduced the damage caused by Pull of Sleet. Only one fireball will be fired at the target(s) with the highest rank of Echo of Fire.
- - Aaryonar Raid and Mission - added a message when the smaller golems spawn.

*** Spells ***

- Necromancer and Shadowknight - Restored the effectiveness of Spell: Summon Corpse. Lowered its mana cost but it now only summons corpses up to level 60.

*** AA ***

- Wizard Fury of Magic has been updated to automatically grant 1/2/3% spell crit chance at levels 12/30/50. The spell crit chance of all preexisting Fury of Magic ranks has been subsequently increased by 3%, with the current max rank now granting 53% total spell crit chance. This change both surfaces and replaces the spell crit chance formerly granted to Wizards innately, which was exactly 1/2/3% at levels 12/30/50.

*** UI ***

- Players should now only have to confirm the server ruleset on Aradune and Rizlona once per login.
- Attempting to /consider the corpse of a player who has not yet returned to their bind point will no longer report that the corpse is invalid

Happened to me twice (unintended) thought it was lag and redid the mission for currency. So an actual exploit.....

it’s the easiest mission by a mile lol ... not sure about an exploit, but okay!

I’m more interested in the fact that they’re messing with aary group mission and raid still. Also, after nerfing procs, they’re increasing procs? Hrm.

it’s the easiest mission by a mile lol ... not sure about an exploit, but okay!

I’m more interested in the fact that they’re messing with aary group mission and raid still. Also, after nerfing procs, they’re increasing procs? Hrm.
They've reduced the number of procs, and are now increasing the damage of the procs... seems perfectly reasonable

Aary does need tuning down still, hopefully the AE damage will be in a good place now.... those Roars are brutal on the average toon

I learned what the zlandi exploit was ... and if you were doing this, stand by to stand by :) ... DPG is coming!

Off-topic or sorts but exploiting lockouts... I have been farming old HA for collections kill everything in zone get ground spawn collection pieces and dropping mission and re-getting mission and rinse and repeat until enough collectable from HA for 6 toons. That wouldn't be considered exploiting a lockout would it since technically I never finish the mission and get no reward?

Off-topic or sorts but exploiting lockouts... I have been farming old HA for collections kill everything in zone get ground spawn collection pieces and dropping mission and re-getting mission and rinse and repeat until enough collectable from HA for 6 toons. That wouldn't be considered exploiting a lockout would it since technically I never finish the mission and get no reward?
No, you're safe. Most of us did this for the collections. The problem is when you are able to spawn (and loot) the chest while avoiding the lockout, thus enabling one to run the mission or raid repeatedly and get massive amounts of loot in a short amount of time. This situation usually arises because of shit, untested code that gets pushed to the live servers.

Exploiting lockouts is probably one of the top three ways of getting suspended/banned in EQ.

They said it had to do with preparing the live patch next week. They probably updated on of the patch changes and are checking it out.

Ahh. I had to stop mid quest to take a conference call and came back to disconnected. Guess I’ll finish this anniversary quests for new bots in a few days. Hopefully not hard to patch VV again.

Since it has now being patched, mind sharing, Would love to know what I did by accident to cause the bug.

If you waited until 5 hours and 30 minutes into the 6 hour zlandi mission you could complete the mission, get currency, get a chest, but not get a lockout. So, ppl were pulling up six alts, getting the missions on all of them, waiting until 5 hours 30 minutes, and then taskadding their group to the mission... burning zlandi, getting the currency/loot, dropping the task, and then getting into the next one.

If you waited until 5 hours and 30 minutes into the 6 hour zlandi mission you could complete the mission, get currency, get a chest, but not get a lockout. So, ppl were pulling up six alts, getting the missions on all of them, waiting until 5 hours 30 minutes, and then taskadding their group to the mission... burning zlandi, getting the currency/loot, dropping the task, and then getting into the next one.
It's is still mind numbingly amazing that the super terrible exploit amounts to "wait 30 minutes, lol" and the mission breaks. I mean, if you went after the collectibles and came back to kill zlandicar on your way out, you would have, without any intention to exploit, been guilty of a potentially ban worth offense.

/facepalm
Never got currency on my accidents and never waited, got mission zoned in burned down opened chest, looted and mission never completed. Guessing there is still another bug out there.

Sounds like something basic was fubar. Now I have to wonder how many other missions were/are bugged in the same way.
Griklor comes to mind.

It's is still mind numbingly amazing that the super terrible exploit amounts to "wait 30 minutes, lol"
5 hours 30 mins not just 30 mins. Doing it was intentional, there is no way you can argue it was by accident
Won't be surprised if some people are going on vacation.

I had it happen with the Velk mission before. No idea why other than server issues was my guess, but after finishing I got the chest, mission never updated, and I never got the currency. Had to drop and enter a fresh instance in order to do mission and get currency (which was what I was actually going there to get - the mission currency).

5 hours 30 mins not just 30 mins. Doing it was intentional, there is no way you can argue it was by accident
Won't be surprised if some people are going on vacation.
Huh, ok, I misunderstood. Since the task window counts down from 6:00, I figured that "wait till 5:30" meant 30 minutes.

That's much less advantageous then since doing it legit is only an extra 30 minutes.

Discussion - Test patch notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back