• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Terror of Luclin thoughts... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
312¢
Hello, I was wondering what all of you thought about Terror of Luclin. I have personally never played shadow of Luclin so I don't know how it use to be. How is it now compared than when we first got introduced to Luclin and the moon zone, From what I can see and understand this xpac seems to have a bit of a challenge to it. Again what are your thoughts on it?

Brings back memories of how many hitpoints the mobs have. I remember playing years ago in maidens eye when i was still alt tabbing between 2 boxes and wooee i was like these mobs take forever to kill. Well fast forward and had same thought with this expansion. Main difference now is i have the option of running 3 zerkers,shm,sk,bard so still a lot of hp on mobs but not quite as long to kill lol. Especially when i get off my butt and get epics for shaman,bard and last zerk.

very different actually, gameplay back then was more sandbox. No instanced missions all bosses and raids were open world. Long quest to obtain the key to Vex Thall which was the big raid zone. key quest included obtaining 10 staff pieces a frame and two orbs one orb from a minor boss and a second orb from Emporer Ssra who could only be damaged from melee by Shisar bane weapons you had to get and to get to Emp Ssra you had to farm key parts in Ssra Temple I think there were like 5 pieces you had to get for it. It also launched the Bazaar and Mounts. The fastest mounts dropped from Emp Ssra and Lord Seru. Lord Seru also had a key quest but fortunately, only one person per group had to have the key. He also could only be damaged by melee with Seru bane weapons which you had to farm.

Now everything is instanced both raids and group content. You do have the merc and partisan quests though in the open world and some group named. Armor is different too back then there was no class-specific armor in Luclin like now which is strange because both Kunark and Velious had class-specific armor. They went back to it for PoP.

very different actually, gameplay back then was more sandbox. No instanced missions all bosses and raids were open world. Long quest to obtain the key to Vex Thall which was the big raid zone. key quest included obtaining 10 staff pieces a frame and two orbs one orb from a minor boss and a second orb from Emporer Ssra who could only be damaged from melee by Shisar bane weapons you had to get and to get to Emp Ssra you had to farm key parts in Ssra Temple I think there were like 5 pieces you had to get for it. It also launched the Bazaar and Mounts. The fastest mounts dropped from Emp Ssra and Lord Seru. Lord Seru also had a key quest but fortunately, only one person per group had to have the key. He also could only be damaged by melee with Seru bane weapons which you had to farm.

Now everything is instanced both raids and group content. You do have the merc and partisan quests though in the open world and some group named. Armor is different too back then there was no class-specific armor in Luclin like now which is strange because both Kunark and Velious had class-specific armor. They went back to it for PoP.
Oh forgot to mention it also launched the Vah Shir as a playable race and beastlord as a class which was the first time, they added a race and class since launch.

Hello, I was wondering what all of you thought about Terror of Luclin. I have personally never played shadow of Luclin so I don't know how it use to be. How is it now compared than when we first got introduced to Luclin and the moon zone, From what I can see and understand this xpac seems to have a bit of a challenge to it. Again what are your thoughts on it?
What I liked about Luclin was it offered transportation options w/ the Nexus. It offered a lot of new content for every level range. You could honestly 'abandon' the old world and just level through in Luclin. It had better graphics / models. Vah Shir looked super cool for the era. I could be remembering incorrectly, but I don't recall the drops being explosively better than Scars. I still recall using weapons and such (exquisites) from dragons. Good tradeskill opportunities. Rockhopper pelts, acrylia ores, etc. My Necro had a lot of fun in Maiden's Eye charming mobs. Lots of hitpoints - but the mobs did a ton of damage if you could control them.

=( I've not had time to try the next xpac yet.

Discussion - Terror of Luclin thoughts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back