• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

technical problems (1 Viewer)

blade2580

RedCents
11¢
If anyone is able to help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am only having the problem when I have EQ running and logged into the game. I am not able to use alt+tab to toggle between another EQ session or even something like internet explorer, whereas I can do alt+tab to toggle through before I start EQ. I also seem to be having a problem with my mouse though not as much as the alt+tab thing. The mouse is making itself look like its trying to do both EQ and the functions of my regular programs. It is blinking like its the EQ mouse which is a yellow/gold color and also the system mouse which is white.

-I have tried unplugging the mouse and keyboard and restarting my comp.
-I tried reverting my drive.
-I have ran through the windows help for troubleshooting and really cant find anything that would lead me to the right troubleshooting path for this problem.

Hmmm.

Sounds like you're missing a program for ALt-Tabbing and that new gay mouse.

1 )First you need to download and install TweakUI from Microsoft from :

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

2) After you download and install the program, run TweakUI from Start->Programs-> Powertoys for Windows XP->TweakUI.
3) Go to General section then expand it by clicking the " + " symbol.
4) Select " Focus ", then Un-Check " Prevent Application from Stealing Focus ".
5) Click the " Apply " button at the bottom right then the " Ok " button. Your mouse should work properly.

Some people need to also have the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit installed to allow Alt+Tab or a funtional mouse within eq.

First download the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit from the location below. The file is about 7 MB. Once it is downloaded, install the application.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...79-933A-4CC8-BF86-FE2E28B792FD&displaylang=en

You can then launch the application by going to your start menu, Program Files, Windows Compatibility Toolkit, then click on the Compatibility Administration Tool.

Under the System Database section, click on Applications.

In the right list view scroll down to the EverQuest entry.

Double click the EverQuest entry.

Now right-click the EQGame.exe entry in bold that shows up in the right hand view and choose Disable Entry.

You will now be able to use your mouse while in full screen mode on Windows XP. This will also allow you to alt-tab from EQ

Hope this helps.

Download/install/use tweakui -
Select " Focus ", then Un-Check " Prevent Application from Stealing Focus ".
-Was unchecked when I ran it.

Windows Compatibility Toolkit/Compatibility Administration Tool - download/install/run
(Under the System Database section, click on Applications.
In the right list view scroll down to the EverQuest entry.
Double click the EverQuest entry.)
-problem...

-There is no Everquest entry in the whole list.
-Also did a search/query for Everquest with no results.

I know im missing something here but I have no idea what it is.

Edit: I have not downloaded/installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP3a or MSDE 2000 Release A (required for Application Analyzer) which is also on the page that I downloaded program from. Do I need this for this specific problem im trying to fix or is it for other things?

Consider WinEQ (even the lite version) it's handy to change between eq windows with Ctrl + Alt + Number. Somewhat like changing windows in Linux :)

solar said:
Consider WinEQ (even the lite version) it's handy to change between eq windows with Ctrl + Alt + Number. Somewhat like changing windows in Linux :)

aye. that is what I am using now... the paid version. I dont like using it cause it seems to make my toons lag more but for now its going to have to work until I get my comp situation fixed.

Im also not able to use MQ2 with the problem im having now :-(

Last edited:
technical problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back