• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - TBL expansion now half price! (1 Viewer)

Is there anything in TBL that I just must have? I am just not getting my toons to 110 and I am very casual player. Been back a few months. Should I spring for this expansion or just wait till new one comes out to be completely up to date?

Is there anything in TBL that I just must have? I am just not getting my toons to 110 and I am very casual player. Been back a few months. Should I spring for this expansion or just wait till new one comes out to be completely up to date?

Probably not then to be honest. For me, I've not been in current content since Prophecy of Ro and I'd like to get there for once in many many years!

AA's is just fluff that you can get later.
Jann's veil is nice (probably wont be replaced in next expansion)
Mount is an upgrade (will be replaced going by history)

Honestly I would rather wait as you will be buying new one anyway.
Buy now = 1/2 + full price
Buy later = full price

Lvl 110 for GMM gear is kinda nice, but with the next expansion having another 5 levels I’d probably just wait.

I would wait - Some people are buying it for the sole purpose of being able level to 110 (can get conflag at 106)

but!!! --- *if* they increase FTP to include RoS, you'll be able to do that anyhow.

Pure speculation on my part, however, I don't think we'll be getting RoS with FTP until the following expansion release. I think DBG realized when they gave TDS to FTP that having FTP and people currently buying the expansions being at the same level was bad for business.

I could see them releasing 2 expansions per level cap, and not giving FTP either of the associated expansions until live moves onto the next level cap. I know there was a dev post in the past somewhere about how expansions were supposed to release for FTP, but then that never happened with TBM and TBM/EOK were released together for FTP.

This would widen the level gap between FTP and those who buy the expansion, which in theory boosts expansion sales since people are less likely to leave a box that is often used without the expansions if they are at a further disadvantage by doing so.

I can't say for certain what DBG will do as far as FTP, but what I can say is either way I have a decent number of accounts waiting for this sale to end and the new expansion to go on pre-sale because they have been sitting at 23/25 patiently waiting to go 26/26.

Wow! this is unf***ing believable. I spent 90 something dollars for 3 char's about 8 days ago after discounts. This is after waiting for 3 months or so to see if it was going to be discounted. WTF

Wow! this is unf***ing believable. I spent 90 something dollars for 3 char's about 8 days ago after discounts. This is after waiting for 3 months or so to see if it was going to be discounted. WTF

Pretty sure they have put the current expansion on sale for half off every August for the last few years. Still it does suk.

The next thing to save up for is beta testing - they charge you for the opportunity to help them fix bugs before they go out in new expansion, instead of hiring tech dudes to do it.

Pretty sure they have put the current expansion on sale for half off every August for the last few years. Still it does suk.

The next thing to save up for is beta testing - they charge you for the opportunity to help them fix bugs before they go out in new expansion, instead of hiring tech dudes to do it.

On the other hand, you find out all the shit about how stuff works before anyone else, which gives you a significant head start (or can).

How do you sign up for beta testing? That sounds like something I'd like to do.

Also, does anyone know the theme of the next expansion or what it's called?
I'm not the biggest fan of TBL so far, or the direction armor has gone the last 2 expansions. With the exception of Conflagrant of course..

Looks like it will be a Velious revamp with lvl 115. You just buy beta access as a pre-sale expansion purchase. So you get beta and then just have the expansion once it goes live.

Last year RoS went 50% in late-September. They sold pre-access/beta TBL around the end of October and the expansion went live/reg. purchase around mid-December. So maybe they're bumping the beta sale up this year.

Also, does anyone know the theme of the next expansion or what it's called?
No one knows, they haven't said yet.
I'm not the biggest fan of TBL so far, or the direction armor has gone the last 2 expansions. With the exception of Conflagrant of course..
I'd get used to it. They're in cookie-cutter, copy-pasta mode at this point. They take the previous items, add 10-20% H/M/E and change the name.

Probably not then to be honest. For me, I've not been in current content since Prophecy of Ro and I'd like to get there for once in many many years!
My highest level toon is 72, is there any benefit to adding any of the expansions other than the free ones on the download screen at EQ - Live?

My highest level toon is 72, is there any benefit to adding any of the expansions other than the free ones on the download screen at EQ - Live?

Meh... honestly, if you haven't run into a need for it yet, then I wouldn't bother until it's limiting you. Like, if you got up to lvl 105 and was ready to move on to 106, then maybe I'd think about it.

For people who have many boxed characters, do you buy the expansion? or are you just 2 expansions behind?

I was considering buying the next expansion for my tank only, for the extra 5 levels, but I don't want to buy it for everyone.

For people who have many boxed characters, do you buy the expansion? or are you just 2 expansions behind?

I was considering buying the next expansion for my tank only, for the extra 5 levels, but I don't want to buy it for everyone.

Thats what we all say, and then a second is purchased and a third, then next thing you know most of your boxes are on the latest expansion.

Thats what we all say, and then a second is purchased and a third, then next thing you know most of your boxes are on the latest expansion.

It is tempting when the expansion does not increase levels. When the expansion increases levels, not at all. I'd just get the latest expansion or none.

The last expansion increases levels from 105 to 110, this one goes to 115. I have 21 accounts, but I also have a core group. I need my core group to be 115, the rest can wait. For 115. Although I'd get all of my clerics to 115 and a couple of my wizards and probably my main mage as well.

News - TBL expansion now half price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back