• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Target me Question ( COTH ) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
380¢
I am trying to clean up my hotbuttons and make a list so i can easily transfer them to any toon that needs them and doesn't already have them.
I am also trying to not use any player toons name. Line 2 is giving me trouble with that.
I can not get the mage to target me without putting my name in there.
If someone could help clean this up abit that would also be great, but this works except line 2 has to have toons name that is sending the command.
I dont want to use any names in it. That way they can be copy pasted to any toon easily.

I find this stuff difficult so please be patient with me and explain thoughtfully.

Thanks in Advance.

1. Coth = Line 1: /pause 5, /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /mqp on
Line 2: /pause 5, /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /target ??????
Line 3: /pause 45, /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /alt act 7050
Line 4: /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /mqp off

I am trying to clean up my hotbuttons and make a list so i can easily transfer them to any toon that needs them and doesn't already have them.
I am also trying to not use any player toons name. Line 2 is giving me trouble with that.
I can not get the mage to target me without putting my name in there.
If someone could help clean this up abit that would also be great, but this works except line 2 has to have toons name that is sending the command.
I dont want to use any names in it. That way they can be copy pasted to any toon easily.

I find this stuff difficult so please be patient with me and explain thoughtfully.

Thanks in Advance.

1. Coth = Line 1: /pause 5, /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /mqp on
Line 2: /pause 5, /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /target ??????
Line 3: /pause 45, /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /alt act 7050
Line 4: /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /mqp off
target ${Me.Name}

Reason why /target ID ${Me.ID} is not working is the noparse so it never gets resolved correctly. anything you put on there would be resolved based on the character that received the command. $(Me.ID} ${Me.CleanName} ${Me.Name} would all be the mage's own id/name
But you need noparse for the IF

There are 2 ways 1 easy way to resolve this, 2 other ways that I can think of
1. make an alias (alias gets written to you mq2.ini, need to do 1 time only /bcaa so all current characters pick it up)

/noparse /bcaa //alias /mageIF /if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]})

line 2 would then look like
/bcg //mageIF /target id ${Me.ID}

What happens here is the bcg sends the alias mageIF to mq2 instance, that gets resolved on the instance with the alias mageIF to
/if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]})
and you added the /target ID in the social so it then looks like
/if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /target id XXX
where xxx is the character that you clicked the social on ID

1. Coth =
Line 1: /pause 5, /bcg //mageIF /mqp on
Line 2: /pause 5, /bcg //mageIF /target ${Me.ID}
Line 3: /pause 45, /bcg //mageIF /alt act 7050
Line 4: /bcg //mageIF /mqp off

2. read back in a bit need to work this one out myself.
Yeah now remember me and Kaen tried getting this to work for something different, its not possible.

3. mq2event: some text that you catch and it then does the coth (advanced)
4. mq2react: setting a variable that triggers the react (very advanced)

Last edited:
Wondering if you got it working ?

Using alias route worked great. Sorry for the late reply but since other people have posted recently I thought I would chime in.

The whole goal here is to not use any toons name in these socials.

The alias thing worked out great for that, so I thank you for your lengthy explanation. It helped in understanding some other issues I was also having.

One more question in line 1 and line 4 ( CWTN plugins )

1. Coth =
Line 1: /pause 5, /bcg //mageIF /mqp on
Line 2: /pause 5, /bcg //mageIF /target ${Me.ID}
Line 3: /pause 45, /bcg //mageIF /alt act 7050
Line 4: /bcg //mageIF /mqp off

How would you toggle pause, if command is ( /mag pause on and conversely /mag pause off ) without out making it
so lengthy?

Line 1: /pause 5, /noparse /bcg //If (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on

/pause 5, /noparse /bcg //mageIF /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on

Line 4: /noparse /bcg //If (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[MAG]}) /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off

/noparse /bcg //mageIF /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off

This doesn't save as much real estate as I would hope is possible.

Last edited:
Just a thought. It was mentioned above to use Alias, would making a Alias for the cwtn plugins work as well for the pause on/off? As in sic's hotkeys he sets up an alias for both cwtn and cwtna. So a pause set would look like

/multi ; /bcga //mqp on ; /cwtna pause on you could then use the same line to turn pause off by switching the on to off.

This then could be set on the hotkey with the alias mageIF

Zeb

Question - Target me Question ( COTH )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back