• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Target loc's (1 Viewer)

IamBigDaddy

RedCents
80¢
I would like to store 20 mob locations in a .ini file. For example I would target a mob and type /store mob1 , it would place that mob locaction in the .ini. My plan is the clear area then start loop for repops without targeting any other mobs.

If someone could help me with some ideas for putting this in a macro I would be very grateful.

My goal is to create a macro that is similar to Firecamp.mac (firekill.mac by zippzipp) that is easily changed to match wherever you want to camp. (To LC) So I would target the mob and pull them to me. There are many rooms in many zones that have no wandering mobs and if you pull them in the correct order you can almost guarantee they will all be single pulls. I know of several puller macs now but they are a little more random in who they pull and the possibility of pulling a mob past another mob (or 2) that have repopped worries me. I prefer situation where I can at least think I am in control...

If you are gonna warp a distance away from the mob the only problem about somewhat randomizing it would be you may end up too close to the next mob you wanted to pull. Or you may end up in geometry due to the z loc. You might be better off just taking a rog and get the loc you want to warp to but if you wanted to do something like this I can give you help on code for setting the mobs in.

Actualy now I think about it you could just be at the spot you want to pull the mob to and do the /setmob 1 and that would be saved as loc you wanted to jump to.

I never really done much(read ANY) work with ini's but this might work I am not sure I don't really mess with toggle variables either so if this is absolutely worthless well at least I tried=).
INI:
#Event ToggleVariable "[MQ2] Toggle #1#" 
#Event ToggleVariable "[MQ2] Toggle #1# #2#" 

Sub Event_ToggleVariable(string Line, string Command, string Command2) 

/if (${Command.Equal[SetMob1]}) { 
/ini "MobSpawn.ini" "Mob1" "Mob1X" ${Me.X}
/ini "MobSpawn.ini" "Mob1" "Mob1Y" ${Me.Y}
/ini "MobSpawn.ini" "Mob1" "Mob1Z" ${Me.Z}
/echo Saved Mob1 loc ${Mob1X}, ${Mob1Y}, ${Mob1Z}

[Mob1]
Mob1X=
Mob1Y=
Mob1Z=

I will play with this info in about 24 hours. I am traveling back to the USA tomorrow morning so I have to wait to try it. I do not plan on using this code for warping at all. This is to target the mob only, then I will pull the mob back to camp. The only warping any of my macros will ever do is to save me from dying...

Oh if dont plan to warp to these locs then you are on your own I never messed with moveutils enough to work on a way to set up pathing. But that ini I think will save the x y z into the locs then you would be able to call the x y z if you can tell moveutils to just move to the loc I guess it would work.

I would think if there is not a problem with wall or anything like that you may just want to set a camp position and leash to there and then /target npc and then /face /keypress forward to within range of your spells or weps whatever hit mob and move back to camp and then go into autocombat.

Anyway thats the best I got could do something like the target.mac if mob is above a level or maybe not a specific type then tar next.

If he's going to afk farm exp in Pofire warping would be a bad idea :P

P.S.

${Target.Y} ${Target.X} ${Target.Z} would work better for adding mob locations into an ini file, because you could easily just cycle through the camp, instead of having to move to them.

Target loc's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back