• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tanking 1 mob, while group burns adds (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,081¢
Group: SHD, CLR, ENC, MAG, WIZ, DRU (I just prefer playing casters)

I am requesting some advice on methods of performing this maneuver specifically for missions. For example, in "Lost but Not Forgotten" (the Lost Wayfarer's Tent trophy mission), this maneuver must be performed twice.

KissAssist has performed great for repeating the same tasks (mesmerizing, healing and attacking), but when additional mobs appear and must be killed first, I have been using a less-than-elegant method.

(1) Leave 1 DPS toon "off". (No macro)
(2) Engage the mob as usual with tank, in "tank" mode (assisting ENC) on KissAssist.
(3) When adds appear, one-by-one, set the 2 other DPS toons to assist the "off" toon, instead of the tank.
(4) Manually engage the adds with the "off" toon, guiding the other 2 DPS toons in the process.
(5) Once adds are killed, switch "on" the manual toon to assist the tank.

After several wipes, I got some success with this method 6 times to get the crew members their tent trophies last year, but it was much easier on the 7th run with a guildmate (switching RNG for the WIZ) who could shift his DPS more easily. I was wondering if there was a simpler way to perform this maneuver.

Thank you in advance for your insight.

use the /switchnow command

How you do that:

Run the tank (flag him as MA).

Tank whatever you want. Have everyone running kissassist (if you're running mq2berserker or something, there's another step you need to do).

When adds spawn, toggle to the add you want your toons to kill and hit a hotkey that has the command: /bcg //switchnow

All of your toons will swap to the new mob. When you want to switch again, switch to another mob and hit the /bcg //switchnow hotkey again.

If you want your toons to do nothing, simply target yourself and hit the hotkey. Your toons can't attack you (obviously), but they won't attack anything else, either.

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was searching for. The switching maneuver is instant, with no time nor control lost.
I was not familiar with the EQBC Server, so I watched this video to learn how to start up the EQBC Server. It was very clear, so I am posting it for the benefit of anyone who could benefit from this great technique. I am very grateful for your help.

use the /switchnow command

How you do that:

Run the tank (flag him as MA).

Tank whatever you want. Have everyone running kissassist (if you're running mq2berserker or something, there's another step you need to do).

When adds spawn, toggle to the add you want your toons to kill and hit a hotkey that has the command: /bcg //switchnow

All of your toons will swap to the new mob. When you want to switch again, switch to another mob and hit the /bcg //switchnow hotkey again.

If you want your toons to do nothing, simply target yourself and hit the hotkey. Your toons can't attack you (obviously), but they won't attack anything else, either.
think you've just saved me thanks for this but what is the other step to do with mq2berzerker

Question - Tanking 1 mob, while group burns adds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back