• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Switched DPS from Mnk/Rog to Mag/Nec. Should I keep bard or level Enc to 120? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
189¢
I recently switched my SK/SHM/BRD/BST/MNK/ROG group over to SK/SHM/BRD/BST/MAG/NEC on live. Everyone's up to 120 with full NoS group gear and mostly full type 5/7s. Only doing single group content currently, plus goofing off in trivial raid content. Am I giving up a lot of aDPS/utility by not leveling up an enchanter to replace the bard (with 2.0, OoW BP, SoB clicky) in my group, or do the bard buffs to BST, MAG, and NEC pets make up for the loss of enchanter buffs? Everyone is using CWTN plugins that have them, except for the bard who's using RGMercs.

Thanks for any insight you have it. I appreciate the wealth of information everyone offers here.

what enchanter buffs are you wanting that provide more than what the bard could provide? he has mana regen, nuke bonus, and then on top of all the other shit he brings

I guess I wasn't sure if the enchanter's twincast + mana radix
what enchanter buffs are you wanting that provide more than what the bard could provide? he has mana regen, nuke bonus, and then on top of all the other shit he brings
I guess it's less a presence/absence of a buff thing and more a "is mana radix + twincast better than pet melee buffs + nuke bonus" sort of thing. The rule of thumb always seems to be magic group = enchanter, melee group = bard but the way my Nec and Mag pet/caster damage % is closer to a ~50/50 split so the rule of thumb seems a little fuzzier.

Just my internal need to optimize things creeping out again.

i think brd is good for all, where enchanter is generally better is CC, but just kill em all so dont need cc

I recently switched my SK/SHM/BRD/BST/MNK/ROG group over to SK/SHM/BRD/BST/MAG/NEC on live. Everyone's up to 120 with full NoS group gear and mostly full type 5/7s. Only doing single group content currently, plus goofing off in trivial raid content. Am I giving up a lot of aDPS/utility by not leveling up an enchanter to replace the bard (with 2.0, OoW BP, SoB clicky) in my group, or do the bard buffs to BST, MAG, and NEC pets make up for the loss of enchanter buffs? Everyone is using CWTN plugins that have them, except for the bard who's using RGMercs.

Thanks for any insight you have it. I appreciate the wealth of information everyone offers here.
I am a fan of tank/brd/enc/cleric/rogue and whatevever other dps floats your boat…mage or zerker mixes really well with that setup

As long as there are caster-petclasses involved I prefer bard. The pets and swarmpets take benefit of the aura.
Don;t know, what challenges LS will provide, but the expansions including Nos bard can handle sufficient well all cc needed.

Question - Switched DPS from Mnk/Rog to Mag/Nec. Should I keep bard or level Enc to 120?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back