• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Suspension (1 Viewer)

KeithClancy

RedCents
Is there ever a case where people are outright banned without suspension first ... or do most folk go through suspension followed by a ban? If a person is suspended for cheating, what are the chances of ban if there have been no prior offenses?

As you can imagine, I'm now the 'victim', and am curious. I read earlier that the best thing to do is to NOT contact sony and inquire as it only makes them take a closer look at your account. I'm suspended ... I assume for a default of 10 days.

Any chance it might just slip through as my slap on the wrist? The account has 6 years on it with no prior offenses, and MQ2 was never used on the account until very recently.

KeithClancy, im sad to hear you got suspended. But honestly you did knew what u were doing when you started using active hacks, didnt you?
Using that kind of hacks on a account you put 6 years of your life on... that's kinda like self castration, isn't it?

Just the usual warps etc, nothing overly excessive and no trading of nodrops or anything. Mostly I'm just curious if sony is in the practice of simply suspending as a warning/punishment or if the usual protocol is suspension followed by the ban stick.

i had one of my accounts suspended for ghosting RS mobs couple months ago. 10 days ws all i got. iv used mq since i got it back w/o the ghosting and havnt had any problems. i had used the shared bank hack too before they started checking. but i had it all on one char and when i got word they were gonna check that i deleted the character and it was all cool. but i think Soe is in it for the money. Good trick is to have a few account on same billing adress. think thats why i get some leeway is that i have so many accounts.

Here's to hoping. I'll xfer anything important after suspension is lifted and wait it out. I knew the risk and got unlucky /shrug.

It is good to hear that there are people here who have been suspended for MQ2 and not banned.

In total, I've had 5 accounts banned. One got released. Of the other four, two were banned without notice or proir suspension. Just outright banned. Another suspsnded twice, the last suspension about three weeks before the ban. The last account suspended once about 5 weeks before it's ban.

I've been lucky so far. Got caught when they released DoD with No-Drop items in shared bank way back then, but since then have not used it (was not really suspended, just not able to log on). Friend of mine on the same server just got suspended the other day, but said he never received an email? At any rate, if they caught him, for this then I am probably not far behind. *Crosses fingers* but knows his days could be numbered.

Suspension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back