• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Suspension Question (1 Viewer)

EQN1447

RedCents
HI I have A question about recurring suspension, I have an account I haven't played in about 6 years and It had A 3 day suspension for training. The account is mostly just for my puller for AoEing but after the AE Stun changes I never really resubbed it. A couple of my friends I'm doing Teek with Want to start AoEing once we all get to 60 and I want to resub this account just So I can pull again.

My question is does having A suspension on the account from 5+years ago still factor in to A longer suspension if you happen to get A 2nd suspension on the account, or is there A grace period of time where the account goes back basically to A neutral state after enough time has passed without any actions against it.

I'm Wondering If I should just start A fresh account instead of risking a 14+ day suspension if I happen to get in trouble again. I've never been suspended on any of my accounts outside of this one so I have no idea how their system tracks an accounts standing.

honestly, we don't know what their CS account policy is typically in the modern era for light infraction 1st time 7 day suspension 2nd time 14 day suspension 3rd time permeant ban. Now, with that being said they don't have to follow that at all they can outright ban repentantly the first time.

So, to answer your question is there a time period where activity resets?
No one but Daybreak would know unless there is a former employee who wants to spill the beans.

Now the company has changed hands a couple of times in the last few years the question is did they keep those older CS records? Who knows?

Would there be a risk in playing that account with MQ. Yes, MQ breaks the EULA and incurs the possibility of action against that account but that's true no matter how many strikes an account has.
Is it more likely on account that has already been suspended once? Probably if they kept the records.

Sorry if my answers are vague but there are no concrete answers to what you are asking.

@EQN1447 Yes, once its tagged … you’ve got a black mark. This is why i usually abandon and re-roll…its a sunk cost at that point. I’ll let them maybe sleep for a year or two and put them back in for work (farming, pwlvl, etc) fully knowing if its hit again it might be gone.

HI I have A question about recurring suspension, I have an account I haven't played in about 6 years and It had A 3 day suspension for training. The account is mostly just for my puller for AoEing but after the AE Stun changes I never really resubbed it. A couple of my friends I'm doing Teek with Want to start AoEing once we all get to 60 and I want to resub this account just So I can pull again.

My question is does having A suspension on the account from 5+years ago still factor in to A longer suspension if you happen to get A 2nd suspension on the account, or is there A grace period of time where the account goes back basically to A neutral state after enough time has passed without any actions against it.

I'm Wondering If I should just start A fresh account instead of risking a 14+ day suspension if I happen to get in trouble again. I've never been suspended on any of my accounts outside of this one so I have no idea how their system tracks an accounts standing.
I know actuallyfactually that they retain information for "forever and ever", and if they're looking for reasons to escalate you, they can and will use stuff from a very long time ago.

no one outside of dbg knows what their policy/procedure is for applying discipline, and inequitable application of their rules doesn't constitute anything other than inequitable application of their rules.

if you're in doubt, a new account prolly a fine idea

What matters if you use the old account or not? Can't use the characters on it on that server.

Teek is a new server and you would need to make a new character anyway and pay for a subscription since its TLP.

And bottom line, old or new - any account can get banned or suspended for any reason they want and one does not need any previous marks against them. Somehow I don't see some GM with a snotty nose comparing the accounts logging it with a list like Santa Clause. If they tag you then your it.

IRL - Suspension Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back