• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Suggestions to fill out group. (1 Viewer)

Sireal

RedCents
117¢
Right now I'm driving a SHD (109) and have an ENC (109), CLR (109), MAG (109) on autopilot. I'm thinking about filling out the other two spots via sic/cwtn as well. Sadly they don't have BRD, WIZ or DRU ready so those are out for now. What's everyone's thoughts on a couple more level 100 heroic characters for grinding to 120 on FV? Thanks!

rogues are in great spots atm, since you already have enc and mage, i'd suggest bst/nec maybe

tough once since Ench/Clr two slots combined kind of hurt. Bst/Nec works (i have that group) it's not horrible but wouldn't compete with the melee heavy + brd/bst supported groups. Bst/Nec or Rog/Rog or Rog/ber would be my thoughts.

Actually mag/bst would also be good.

I'd like to do a wizard for dps and ports (just wish cwtn was ready). SHM could be nice for run buff, what else would it add of note to my particular setup?
Aux healing is always nice along with battle rezzes from a second character, as well as buffs that will stack with cleric. DOT's as well.

Right now I'm driving a SHD (109) and have an ENC (109), CLR (109), MAG (109) on autopilot. I'm thinking about filling out the other two spots via sic/cwtn as well. Sadly they don't have BRD, WIZ or DRU ready so those are out for now. What's everyone's thoughts on a couple more level 100 heroic characters for grinding to 120 on FV? Thanks!
My group is as follows and averages 700K+ on trash mobs and around 1.7 mil on named. I run my group with SK - Tank, SHM - Healer, ROG, ROG, ROG, MAG. If CC is absolutely needed, I will drop one of my ROG and replace with ENC. I have found this to work perfectly for me even at the highest level mobs in NoS. Note that all toons are 120 and some of them are Max AA's as well. Everyone has their favorites and all that I have seen can pump out the DPS. I may also take out a ROG to work on my 120 Necro at times depending on what I am doing ...grinding or camping named or missions. Anyway, that is my 2 cents worth on group makeup to do major DPS. I do have a 120 Bard as well, but I have never played a Bard and I am one of those people that likes to know how to play a class before I just put them on Autopilot. Good luck to you in either way you go.

I definitely appreciate all the suggestions! I think one of the adds will be a rogue. I've seen where people run more than one of a class but I want to try to avoid that. Even though the wizard isn't supported by cwtn I think I might try it with RGMercs. I assume the dps will be in the same ballpark as a rogue and I would then have ports. I'm not that familar with wizards so if there's any gotchas I'm not seeing feel free to elaborate. Thanks again!

The great thing with heroic characters is that if you dont like them, you can just dump them and recreate something else. Since you're running an enc, you want a spell cast heavy group. Why not just try 2 more mages?

Other option you can do is, create the heroic characters as whatever (nec/bst maybe as others mentioned), and then /testcopy everything over to the test server, and then you can try the plugins for the classes you are interested in before purchasing them. If Im not mistaken, you can use all the plugins for free on test. If you like it, great you can purchase the plugin and get started on live, if not, you can just delete the character and re-create a new heroic character on live as a different class. Sic can correct me if Im wrong on this though.

Pet synergy between mage/bst/necro would be real nice. Rogues are a blast... and against humanoids they simply erase mobs... If you arent married to the cleric and dont use bst ( buffs/emergency healing etc ) Sk/SHam are a very very strong group combo. Anyway, try different things. It isnt the same when u have the ability to use CWTN files:) U can enjoy the process of discovering your happy.

Good luck,
ZD

I'd like to do a wizard for dps and ports (just wish cwtn was ready). SHM could be nice for run buff, what else would it add of note to my particular setup?
Doc James and I are huge fans of RGMercs. I think any combination of Plugins or Plugins and Mercs that makes you feel will be the most fun to play should be your first choice of characters. You can always add to the mix.

Discussion - Suggestions to fill out group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back