• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Stop Web Browser from Opening (1 Viewer)

RedCents
85¢
Did a brief search on this but came up empty handed. Is there any way to stop your web browser from opening to the subscription page every time you close a FTP chars game window?

It technically still exists as a way to do it, but RG discontinued its use as DayBreak was in an active took for what made it happen. While still possible, I highly advise against it. Using a browser block is better, no game connection.

Can you expand on the part about deleting the exe in the Google folder. Chrome is my default.
go to program files (x86) > google > chrome > Application now delete crhome.exe now create a notepad file and save it as chrome.exe and move it to that folder.

If you dont windows will eventually fix chrome by reinstalling the original exe.

Forgot that DB tries to annoy.

go to program files (x86) > google > chrome > Application now delete crhome.exe now create a notepad file and save it as chrome.exe and move it to that folder.

If you dont windows will eventually fix chrome by reinstalling the original exe.
why not just create a fake exe called "mybrowser.exe" and set that as your default. Why delete chrome?
In fact, why not just set the default browser to null?

why not just create a fake exe called "mybrowser.exe" and set that as your default. Why delete chrome?
In fact, why not just set the default browser to null?
How can I put set the default browser to null? I try but it only lets me choose a browser, it doesn't give me the option to set it to null.

The truth is that it is very annoying that this happens. And I've been trying to follow some colleagues' instructions to correct it, but they never work for me.
Your method seems the simplest, if it works.
Greetings.

These popups actually destroyed a laptop on me. I was running 50 toons and went to get food and came back a few hrs later with 50 chrome tabs up and the laptop frozen it would not turn back on.
He is talking about the misdirection when you log out of a F2P that brings up the browser trying to spin the offer to purchase all access.

The pop up in the game for that can be addressed by minimizing it the first time it pops up instead of closing it. This one does not bring up the browser

If you had chrome tabs pop up then you were being logged out and maybe something else was going on if you did not know you were being logged out and stepped away.

How can I put set the default browser to null? I try but it only lets me choose a browser, it doesn't give me the option to set it to null.

The truth is that it is very annoying that this happens. And I've been trying to follow some colleagues' instructions to correct it, but they never work for me.
Your method seems the simplest, if it works.
Greetings.

You can do that from the Registry.

Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet and replace the default browser that appears listed there with something null or a fake exe.

Personally, I just move the chars to a zone that you can do a fast camp out from like PoK. When you click the YES button from one of those zones it does not do a pop-up. Alternatively, you can /quit or force an EQ close with task manager, but your character will stay in game for a bit then go Linkdead.

You can do that from the Registry.

Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet and replace the default browser that appears listed there with something null or a fake exe.

Personally, I just move the chars to a zone that you can do a fast camp out from like PoK. When you click the YES button from one of those zones it does not do a pop-up. Alternatively, you can /quit or force an EQ close with task manager, but your character will stay in game for a bit then go Linkdead.
Thanks mate.

Question - Stop Web Browser from Opening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back