• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

STOCKS (1 Viewer)

Buy index funds. Returns match the overall market so you diversify away all the risks of picking individual stocks and magagement fees are much smaller compared to managed funds.

I have met a lot of smart people on this board! --- Lets get some names of stocks I can buy --- I am looking to be #1 ---- Shoot me the tips, I am listening!

In my own opinion diversity, in real life would be the way to go. But in an online contest you're looking for maximum return without risk of real money. I hate to say it but it's going to be someone who took a lot of risk and got very lucky with their picks who will win. Of course, if you went with some penny stocks and went out and spent a few hundred thousand on advertising you'd probably do well there too, go for a 30 second superbowl commercial.

A little finance lesson:

There's systematic risk and unsystematic risk... systematic risk is the risk inherent to the stock market. It's always there and will always be there... there's nothing you can do about it.

Unsystematic risk occurs when you take on more risk for reasons like not diversifying your portfolio with enough stocks, or across multiple industries. You might think you're "diversifying" if you buy a lot of tech stocks, but since it's the same industry anything affecting the industry as a whole (for example, changes in the price of raw materials or rapid unexpected advances in technology) will tank your stocks.

**edit**

Oh yea, sometimes taking on more unsystematic risk is viable, if the possible return is high enough. There are all these calculations that portfolio managers do to help determine that kind of thing... like regressions and calculating the Jenson's Alpha and crap. I was pretty surprised how scientific choosing mutual funds and/or stocks really was when I was doing my MBA.

Anadigics (anad) - $5ish back in September, peaked at $13.71 two weeks ago and we just got a new line running for Intel to run into late 2009. We projected $35M to $50M quarterly earnings and we are well on pace to smash that forcast, plus there were just almost 7 million shares recently opened publicly. Good ouck.

My Nortel stock (in a simulator) is the only pick I made this year that is still positive. The rest of mine are all negative.

How about Sony.... Na never mind EQ is dead anyway but a ways back I bet it was a good stock. hehe

stocks are GAY!! Like 95% of people go broke on them, 4% stay even and the lucky .5% get rich off them, the other .5% get rich then lose all their money.

What the hell does this have to do with RedGuides.com > Member Forums > Everquest 1 > EQ1 Strategies & Cheats > General Discussion (private)?

I don't mean to sound rude, but this is so far from the topic that this forum is about, I find it quite disturbing that so many have answered without someone pointing this out. Will this thread help any of us in Everquest? No... So stop wasting our time by posting issues that have nothing to do with what we are here to read (Everquest topics).

Thanks.

FUNWITHUS --- SHOULD SAY ---- THETHINGSTHATSHOULDNOTBOTHERMEINLIFEBUTDOESSOINEEDTOMAKEACOMMENTINSTEADOFJUSTLETTINGSOMETHINGGO!

lol

My deepest and most sincere sorry Fun.

Love always,

Iceman

unknown405 said:
stocks are GAY!! Like 95% of people go broke on them, 4% stay even and the lucky .5% get rich off them, the other .5% get rich then lose all their money.

Actually, people return an average of 10.4% a year if they invest long-term in the S & P 500 funds. The only catch is you need to keep your cash in the market for a number of years so that the fluxuations can even out to your 10.4% golden average (some years its as high as like 29% and other years its well below 10%... which is why you need to ride out the highs and lows).

How gay are stocks ? Well the guy who hit usa's biggest lottery jackpot... 6 years ago won 500mill , and now he has 867 million , his investors told him it would take 11 years to be a billionair right now hes ahead by like 2-3 years. So thats how gay stocks are, and if you want to invest your money put it into FlexFuel ! Also, the worlds biggesnt natural gas in texas is cheap like a dollar a share, when i first looked at it a year ago it was at 10cents so

How gay are stocks ? Well the guy who hit usa's biggest lottery jackpot... 6 years ago won 500mill , and now he has 867 million , his investors told him it would take 11 years to be a billionair right now hes ahead by like 2-3 years. So thats how gay stocks are, and if you want to invest your money put it into FlexFuel ! Also, the worlds biggesnt natural gas in texas is cheap like a dollar a share, when i first looked at it a year ago it was at 10cents so

Sure if you have 500 million to start with to spend on stock experts telling you exactly what to do it's not gay. Besides what kind of risk is it, if you have 500 million to start with? Anyway where'd you even hear that story, I can't imagine someone winning that kind of money bothering with stocks, it's not like he needs the extra cash.

If i had won 500mill, the only thing I'd be thinking about would be making "billionaire" status.

Right now I'm working on the million first.

:drink

Edit: where is maverick??!!

unknown405 said:
Sure if you have 500 million to start with to spend on stock experts telling you exactly what to do it's not gay. Besides what kind of risk is it, if you have 500 million to start with? Anyway where'd you even hear that story, I can't imagine someone winning that kind of money bothering with stocks, it's not like he needs the extra cash.

Only a retard wouldn't think about how to use the money from the lottery to make themselves more, especially considering how easy it is with that kind of starting capital.

ominous54 said:
Anadigics (anad) - $5ish back in September, peaked at $13.71 two weeks ago and we just got a new line running for Intel to run into late 2009. We projected $35M to $50M quarterly earnings and we are well on pace to smash that forcast, plus there were just almost 7 million shares recently opened publicly. Good ouck.

Looking very good in the Market!! --- Thanks!!!

Iceman

Here are two stocks that will jump more the 200% in the next year:

True North Energy CorpOTC BB:TNEN

Canadian Superior Energy IncAMEX:SNG

GET THEM WHILE THEY ARE CHEAP!!!!

Good Luck

Iceman.

Citigroup is a stable stock right now 52week low about 48.5 and 52 week high about 53, and the nice divedends on it, helps just have good investment

I have a couple personal stratagies I always follow

I never put more then 4% of my monies in individual stocks
I never marry or get emotionally tied to a stock
I only invest in divided returning funds / stocks

My Balanced Portfolio:
I choose the reinvest all Interest and Dividends option when I am buying.

BPTRX BARON PARTNERS FUND 12%
DODFX DODGE & COX INTL STOCK FUND 10%
FSLVX Fidelity Large Cap Value 15%
FDVLX FIDELITY VALUE 5%
VWIGX VANGUARD INTL GROWTH FD INVESTOR SHARE 6%
VTSMX VANGUARD TOTAL STOCK MKT INDEX FD INVESTOR SHARE 45%
TPINX TEMPLETON GLOBAL BOND FUND CL A 2%
ICENX ICON ENERGY 2.5%
FKRCX FRANKLIN GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS CL A 2.5%

Sum1 said:
Only a retard wouldn't think about how to use the money from the lottery to make themselves more, especially considering how easy it is with that kind of starting capital.

On a side argument to why stocks are retarded, For one when corporations are legally bound to put the interests of their stock holders ahead of all other interests, including their stake holders (meaning if they are knowingly polluting the Nigerian delta so bad its the worst source of pollution in the world and its OK because years ago your government threw coaxing, gave it the green light putting thousand of natives out of land, homes, livestock, and a humane lifestyle so large fuel companies like royal dutch shell can make large returns for their stock holders, while thousands suffer.) If you count that as a reason i guess. If you have never seen the movie The Corporation, you should view it. Tell that to the starving people of Bangladesh, the corporations who make collecting rain water in 3rd world country's illegal, and the idea that every life source on the earth is in decline (besides humans). Without really ranting any more the only intelligent and humane thing to do with the money is to insure his own well being (5 million would do me fine) and invest the rest into ensuring that food, schools, police, and fire stations are built in the poorest of countries, the poor are more discriminating to each other because they are uneducated not because they are poor, like John Lennon said imagine all the people living life in peace, and civilization would go at a much much quicker pace and improve life for everyone.

rYn519 said:
On a side argument to why stocks are retarded, For one when corporations are legally bound to put the interests of their stock holders ahead of all other interests, including their stake holders (meaning if they are knowingly polluting the Nigerian delta so bad its the worst source of pollution in the world and its OK because years ago your government threw coaxing, gave it the green light putting thousand of natives out of land, homes, livestock, and a humane lifestyle so large fuel companies like royal dutch shell can make large returns for their stock holders, while thousands suffer.) If you count that as a reason i guess. If you have never seen the movie The Corporation, you should view it. Tell that to the starving people of Bangladesh, the corporations who make collecting rain water in 3rd world country's illegal, and the idea that every life source on the earth is in decline (besides humans). Without really ranting any more the only intelligent and humane thing to do with the money is to insure his own well being (5 million would do me fine) and invest the rest into ensuring that food, schools, police, and fire stations are built in the poorest of countries, the poor are more discriminating to each other because they are uneducated not because they are poor, like John Lennon said imagine all the people living life in peace, and civilization would go at a much much quicker pace and improve life for everyone.

But then we'd all be communists!

Corporations can function because of their shareholders... thats why they put their shareholders ahead of everything else.

ANAD Q2 earnings report will be at 5pm est tomorrow (4/24). The company is over $750k over the high end projection.

STOCKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back