• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Stereo-types Fulfilled (1 Viewer)

Willy

RedCents
Today at radioshack i purchased a router upon which i met a pleasant fellow who happened to play WOW. He literally filled every stereotype of a computer WOW nerd i ever possibly heard. 40 years old... glasses....long pony tail.... just came from Gamestop.... beer belly.... and wallet chains... it was the best experience of my life... we talked about the patch and such and i listened to him talk about how much his lock sucked... which i found as a suprise. But overall it was the best radioshack moment in my entire history... If anyones on Hellscream id be happy to introduce you to a stereotypical computer geek. Must have been akward for the radioshack's employees watching a strapping young lad like myself carrying out a 40 min. convo in the middle of the store using words like "pwn" and "noob" with a man twice my age. One of the best days of my life... if any one here also fulfills these standard let me know so i can bask in your glory as well........ (PS... Watch Pure Pwnage... great internet series about a guy who pwns noobs in CS and then becomes addicted to wow... I dont have the links but a simple google should cover it.)

I'm on Hellscream and the guy you described sounds like my Guildmaster. Were you in Annapolis, MD or vicinity yesterday?

But I don't fit your stereotype: I am only 38, I don't wear my glasses often, I cut my pony tail off six years ago, I do go to Gamestop, I dont have a beer belly and the chain wallet dosn't look good with my suit and tie.

Nope... Great falls Montana... you seem like a very interesting gamer as well... i would hope to meet you some day but highely doubt that is feasable... wait... REDGUIDES CONVENTION!!!!! Red.... get to planning

It is rather large i suppose... yet i visted california and its sky semed roughly the same size... but ours isnt filled with smog and concentrated death...

vgslos said:
Sweet im from Great Falls too. I play on icecrown
Serious? Whats your name? where do u go to (or where did you go to) school? Work? Wow its a small world.... maybe my true friends arent so far from home....

Willy said:
Wow its a small world

very true willy...I found out like last month that i was having a convo through pms on redguides with a guy that worked a few doors down the hall at work...that was neat

Want to hear just how small the world is?

Back in 2001, I was recruiting for a guild called Prophecy on Bertoxx server of Everquest. I was with another recruit and a couple guild members waiting on a raid to start. I was talking about an article that was in the Washington Post (DC Metro area newspaper).

The conversation went like this (I'll use Char names to make it easier to understand):

Friend: Do you live in DC or just read it online?
Me: I live near DC.
Friend: Really? Me too, where do you live?
Me: Springfield, about 10 mins from DC.
Friend: Wow I live in Annandale **note Annandale is about 10 mins from Springfield**
Me: Cool, where do you go to school?
Friend: NOVA, Annandale Campus
Me: No way me too!
Friend: Seriously? What days are you on campus?
Me: Tues/Thurs
Friend: Wow the same, what classes are you taking?
Me: Western Civ and IST 117
Friend: Wait, western civ? Who's your professor?
Me: Professor Alfred
Friend: 9:15am?
Me: yeah
Friend: Dude you're in my class

... I'll end it there, but we freaked out, and as far as sterotypical gamer goes, when I walked in the next day I spotted my friend instantly, he was the pale white half asleep kid. We both quit Everquest with in the past year, but keep in touch regularly, and have hung out on several occassions. While we were playing Everquest, we basically never did, because we would only want to be playing Everquest when we hung out, so we just hung out in game. He's a pretty cool guy, but that is my personal famous story that I get to tell ever since.

Edit: Took out our names, forgot this was in General Section

Getting back on topic, with my six-pack abs and bulging pecs I'm not your stereotypical MMO gamer either.

Actually in all honesty the "small world" phenomenon seems like a recurring theme. I'm in the Military and have actually met people I knew from basic training while playing WoW. Total coincidence but it's happened more than once. It's actually really surprising the number of military members that play MMOs.

I was serious about my abs though.

and i live about an hour or so (not really sure) from Modesto,

HOORAY FOR SAN JOSE.

woah i just noticed that it rhymed

Stereo-types Fulfilled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back