• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Squishy SKs -- A Patch Day Discussion (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,117¢
Happy patch day!!! :eyroll

I thought I'd open up some discussion that might help some pals of mine with their SKs. For all my very limited knowledge of an SK, they are far more squishy than a Warrior. But for the sake of helping get an SK to be a great tank, let's not reply with, "Just switch to a warrior."

So two SKs, both are 105, both with at least T1 TDS gear, both with at least 10k AA (presumably spent in the right areas). One SK is paper thin, the other is fairly solid. The Paper SK claims that he can't get his AC much higher than... I think it was 9k (give or take), the solid SK is buffed up to about 10k. So here are some questions for us...

-- What are the MUST HAVES gear wise? (Epics? Augs? Procs?)

-- What are the MUST HAVES AA wise? (Aggro grabbing?)

-- What kind of Kiss/Holy tweaks should be used?

-- Does race play a role?

SK Epic is a must have to tank well. Augs wise i use Heroic Dex or Heroic Agi with AC. Get a Hate Mask also, Sword(rune aug for added aggro) and Shield for Tanking (add AC aug), Use a 2hander for DSP Burns. By 105 you and 10k AA you should have all the tanking, aggro and DPS AA purchased.
SK KA
Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=8.3.0
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=1400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=30
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=2
EQBCOn=1
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=11
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
RGMAOn=1

[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Voice of Thule|MA
Buffs2=Staunch Stance
Buffs3=Vizat's Skin
Buffs4=Drape of the Fallen
Buffs5=Shroud of the Doomscale|0
Buffs6=Vizat's Horror
Buffs7=Livio's Covenant
Buffs8=Zombie Skin
Buffs9=Call of Gloomhaze
Buffs10=Ancient Cloak of Flames
Buffs11=Loop of Infinite Shadow
Buffs12=Gosik's Wing
Buffs13=Rune Etched Wedding Band
Buffs14=Livewood Mask
Buffs15=Spinebelt
Buffs16=Breather|End|15
Buffs17=Zuke's Ruby Stud
Buffs18=Sticky Spaulder
Buffs19=Chestplate of the Dark Flame
Buffs20=Summoned: Large Modulation Shard|Mana|50|80
RebuffOn=1
ChecKBuffsTimer=30
Buffs21=NULL
Buffs22=NULL
Buffs23=NULL
Buffs24=NULL
Buffs25=NULL

[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=50
StickHow=off
AutoFireOn=0

[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell1=NULL
GoMSpell2=NULL

[AE]
AEOn=1
AERadius=50
AE1=Improved Explosion of Spite|2|Mob
AE2=Improved Explosion of Hatred|3|Mob
AE3=Vizat's Carapace|4|Me
AE4=Doomscale Mantle|3|Me
AE5=Disgust|4|Mob

[DPS]
DPSOn=2
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=5
DPS1=Vicious Bite of Chaos|99
DPS2=Ragged Bite of Agony|98
DPS3=Bond of Bonemaw|97|once
DPS4=Spear of Vizat|95
DPS5=Staff of Viral Flux|94
DPS6=Impose for Power|99|Once
DPS7=Bonemaw's Bite|93|Once
DPS8=Encroaching Darkness|70
DPS9=Lacerating Blade|95
DPS10=Touch of Holmein|92|Once
DPS11=Touch of Lulzen|0
DPS12=Dire Declaration|0
DPS13=Torrent of Misery|92|Once
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL

[Aggro]
AggroOn=1
Aggro1=Disgust|100|<|Mob
Aggro2=Terror of Narus|100|<|Mob
Aggro3=Bonemaw's Bite|100|<|Mob

[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
Heals1=Reprove Rk. III|75|Tap
Heals2=Vizat's Carapace|50|Tap
Heals3=Doomscale Mantle|50|Tap
Heals4=Unholy Guardian Discipline|50|Tap
Heals5=Dire Insinuation Rk. III|80|Tap

XTarHeal=0

[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL

[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Minion of Vizat
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffs1=Gift of Falsin
PetBuffs2=NULL
PetBuffs3=NULL
PetBuffs4=NULL
PetBuffs5=NULL
PetBuffs6=NULL
PetBuffs7=NULL
PetBuffs8=NULL
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetToysGave=                                                                                                                                                   
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
PetCombatOn=1
MoveWhenHit=0

[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
Burn1=Fundament: First Spire of the Reavers
Burn2=Visage of Death
Burn3=Scarlet Blade
Burn4=Gift of the Quick Spear
Burn5=Spear of Grelleth
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL

[Pull]
PullWith=Terror of Narus
PullMyHPs=25
MaxRadius=2000
MaxZRange=250
PullWait=0
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2

[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0

[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=1
MercAssistAt=95
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=1
SpellSetName=TDS

Ogers are immune to frontal melee stunns, Drankin get a Breath Weapon (frontal AE) if you do the quest for it. Gnomes dont need to shrink. Not much else that will effect a high level SK.

i have about 8 farming sk's(none inskar thou lol) most are FTP but heroic toons so using the 30AC heroic augs and TDS T1 gear alth some still sporting heroic odds n sods like ears n charm, none have epic, (will get them done someday)
compared to a non heroic f2p warrior in same level gear the sk's tank much better which i put down to the AC augs. the lvl 100 ones afk tank beasts no problem with an apprentice cleric merc and can tank shards etc when im manually playing them. (not found a good afk spot in rof yet except grelleths). most of them are still tanking using the heroic shield.

their inis and holys/downs are purely ones copied from the ini list here with modded clickies and seem to work pretty well. Only thing id change is the AE section, have found lately that they spend more time casting AE agro spells and heals than dpsin/tankin when you have 2 or more mobs

Do Iskars get more AC innately?

Inistially, yes Iksar did get more AC, I do believe they still do, bit it equates to about 1 AC point per lvl up to lvl 50, so not REALLY a game changer if it is still in place.
(This was due to Iksar Inistially not being able to wear ANY plate type armor.)

gear wise get the most ac you can, my sk is fully cotf raid geared and he is a beast! Now granted after 100 my warrior beats him easily but I still love my froggy little sk!

My SK gets whipped around like a red headed stepchild. I am slowly getting the AC near 9K, I hope that helps. He is currently 101 and getting bitchslapped by Neriak 4th gate named mobs, which makes my cleric sad. I suspect I need more augs!

Well, AGI=AC...Heroic AGI=MORE AC....(did a check by removing a couple augs, and comparing statsa with/without....Standard Agi=1AC, 1 heroic agi = 8 AC (lvl 95 SK, with just over 1000 AGI))
If you need SK as a tank, make sure you go for the AC/AGI augs, select gear with good AGI over STA, STR, and INT. Select your Defensive AA's 1st, Use Sword & Board style fighting more than 2handers, and learn what you Discs & AA's actually do.
Stay away from DOT's (pointless low DPS), and use your taps (Decent Dmg and Heals you besides).

Like Meistro was saying.... Most people forget that Taps get agro from damage AND healing. That's one reason a smart + geared SK is unstoppable. If I have epic and leech etc going, a mob is hard pressed to kill me. When it all dies off, is a different story.

Warriors shine in raids and make lazy clerics look good ;-).

I used to tank 5 mobs just fine in ha with around 9k ac survived long enough to get them mezzed with chanter so I guess I was doing fine but its really about discs when you are under geared, you'd be surprised at what ya can do .

Discussion - Squishy SKs -- A Patch Day Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back