• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - SpawnSearch - exclude (1 Viewer)

Daxtattack

RedCents
144¢
Heya, first post here!

I'm writing a macro to run Gribbles. I know that the Gnomes are in the zones but I don't want them to be picked up in my Spawn Search.

Is there a way to exclude someone from a spawn search? This is what I'm trying to do:
/echo ${NearestSpawn[npc -race gnome].Name}

I plan on using this in a script to run in the direction of mobs with Nav, take proximity aggro and attack based on that. Is there a better way to set up this macro?
Can you link a macro that you like for running tasks? Searching is hard bruh.

Ideas on why I'm dumb:
- I plan on using kissassist on a secondary healer, but my primary toon will run the macro. The person running this macro is a dps class that will have basic attack functions written in. Mabye I need to dig deeper into what Kissassist can do? Getting by with a healer and tank merc as well.
- Writing the script to base attack targets on proximity aggro and xtarget is probably a recipe for disaster.

What is the best resource for learning LUAs? I'd love to go in that direction.

Here is the Lua 5.1 Reference Manual:
Lua 5.1 Reference Manual - contents

Epic, thank you.

Regarding the spawn search thing, I found a reference for more details on what mobs are possible in the specific tasks so while I research building the Lua ill probably write the macro to reverse-script the zone... may be safer.

I'm still open to any tips.

I went back and read the message again. I'm not a programmer but I do like to dabble....... but what I think you said is:

Include in the macro:
/alert add 1 bNamed

Then change my search to:

${NearestSpawn[npc noalert 1].ID}

I always avoid the named at the end of the mission, unless the mission specifically calls for it....

Question - SpawnSearch - exclude

Users who are viewing this thread

Back