• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Song lineups in light of recent BRD changes (1 Viewer)

RedCents
361¢
  • Bard - Lowered the proc chance for the Song of Suffering line by a little and increased the proc damage by a lot.
  • Bard - Increased the spell damage added by the Performer's Explosive Aria line of songs.
  • Bard - Lowered the melee proc chance for the Arcane Anthem line of songs by a little and increased damage for melee and spell procs by a lot.
  • Bard - Significantly increased the damage added by the Aria and Fatesong lines of songs.
  • Bard - Adjusted all ranks of the chants of Disease, Frost, Poison and Flame. Songs no longer vary in power with the level of the singer. Songs from level 76 to level 110 are much more powerful. Songs from level 111 to 125 are slightly less powerful. All songs from 81 and up now have the same maximum instrument modifier.
Has this changed anything for your box bard song/twist lineups? I'm returning after a very long break so mechanics are definitely not my forte.

While the question was aimed generally, I'm just pushing past level 100 and starting expansion progression with a SHD/SHM/BRD/BST w/2mercs(For Now™, likely to push to 6 in the future) if someone wants a specific frame of reference.

Thanks my dudes!

Scuttlebutt from discord, near as I can tell, is that Arcane is likely worth and the Suffering line is a wait-and-see as it currently isn't applying instrument bonus.

Made some adjustments and I'll check myself when I next play (in a very non-scientific manner as I do what I was doing anyway).

In reply to your original question, I decided not to mess with my current configuration as I just recently got it working quite well. I didn't think the adjustments they made would have much impact on my bard's performance.

*** However, I may be wrong and if so perhaps a better bard will weigh in on my decisions? ***

Here's my current song-related Kiss settings:

Bard config Kiss level 125:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.002
Role=Assist
CharInfo=Bard|125|GOLD
TwistOn=1
TwistMed=3
TwistWhat=1 2 3 4 5

[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=62
StickHow=snaproll
UseMQ2Melee=0
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat=6 7 8 9 10 11 1 2 3 4 5

[Mez]
MezOn=1
MezRadius=38
MezMinLevel=99
MezMaxLevel=128
MezStopHPs=50
MezSpell=Slumber of Suja Rk. II|2
MezAESpell=Wave of Stupor Rk. II|3

[Spells]
Gem1=Aria of Tenisbre Rk. II
Gem2=War March of Nokk Rk. II
Gem3=Chorus of Shalowain Rk. II
Gem4=Flariton's Aria Rk. II
Gem5=Tatalros' Psalm of Potency Rk. II
Gem6=Arcane Rhythm Rk. II
Gem7=Kanghammer's Song of Suffering Rk. II
Gem8=Kindleheart's Chant of Flame Rk. II
Gem9=Swarn's Chant of Frost Rk. II
Gem10=Goremand's Chant of Disease Rk. II
Gem11=Marsin's Chant of Poison Rk. II
Gem12=Slumber of Suja Rk. II
Gem13=Wave of Stupor Rk. II

My logic behind these settings are to keep 5 ADPS songs going at all times. But when mob arrives I then jump to Arcane Rhythm, then Song of Suffering, and then my 4 dots before going back and refreshing the ADPS songs. This seems to be working rather well except for the need to smash /twist off a few times if I want to invis the group and move somewhere.

In reply to your original question, I decided not to mess with my current configuration as I just recently got it working quite well. I didn't think the adjustments they made would have much impact on my bard's performance.

*** However, I may be wrong and if so perhaps a better bard will weigh in on my decisions? ***

Here's my current song-related Kiss settings:

Bard config Kiss level 125:
[General]
KissAssistVer=12.002
Role=Assist
CharInfo=Bard|125|GOLD
TwistOn=1
TwistMed=3
TwistWhat=1 2 3 4 5

[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=62
StickHow=snaproll
UseMQ2Melee=0
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat=6 7 8 9 10 11 1 2 3 4 5

[Mez]
MezOn=1
MezRadius=38
MezMinLevel=99
MezMaxLevel=128
MezStopHPs=50
MezSpell=Slumber of Suja Rk. II|2
MezAESpell=Wave of Stupor Rk. II|3

[Spells]
Gem1=Aria of Tenisbre Rk. II
Gem2=War March of Nokk Rk. II
Gem3=Chorus of Shalowain Rk. II
Gem4=Flariton's Aria Rk. II
Gem5=Tatalros' Psalm of Potency Rk. II
Gem6=Arcane Rhythm Rk. II
Gem7=Kanghammer's Song of Suffering Rk. II
Gem8=Kindleheart's Chant of Flame Rk. II
Gem9=Swarn's Chant of Frost Rk. II
Gem10=Goremand's Chant of Disease Rk. II
Gem11=Marsin's Chant of Poison Rk. II
Gem12=Slumber of Suja Rk. II
Gem13=Wave of Stupor Rk. II

My logic behind these settings are to keep 5 ADPS songs going at all times. But when mob arrives I then jump to Arcane Rhythm, then Song of Suffering, and then my 4 dots before going back and refreshing the ADPS songs. This seems to be working rather well except for the need to smash /twist off a few times if I want to invis the group and move somewhere.
I honestly don't even have my bard doing any dots lol. I also just copied and pasted the INI that Sic has posted in the ini section. I have not played around with my ini much, and probably don't really plan on it tbh lol. As for the invis part, I was having the same issue. I started using mq2boxr and then when I need to invis, I hit a hotkey on my driver that will /boxr pause, cast the selos AA, then invis AA, then auto follow my driver to the next camp site. If you do it this way, you will have to add in a command for the bard to auto follow, since the macro will be paused he wont "chase" even though he is in that mode. Then when I get to the new camp, I have a key that will remove invis from everybody, and unpause the macro on the bard with /boxr unpaus.

Discussion - Song lineups in light of recent BRD changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back