• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Some questions about handling later content (1 Viewer)

Fujis

RedCents
Hello everyone. I fired up EQ a few months back using MQ2 and Kissassist and had a blast running through old expansions that I never got to play back in the day. I 5 boxed a group and played through HoT and was starting to move through VoA, just kinda playing through the quests for story and learning the lore of the land. However the reason I stopped was I started to get a little concerned about handling group missions. I read up on some of the T3 and T4 group missions in VoA and they seemed like they were going to get somewhat complex; use this book and hand it off to another player every X amount of time, don't be too close to me, don't be too far from me, do this dance or I'll blow up the ocean etc. Is it possible for me to handle these types of events and how complicated do you think it is to do so? I figure it's just going to get worse as I continue through the later expansions. Thanks for anyone's help. I really want to play some more EQ but I fear I might end up hitting a big wall with these types of events.

Hello everyone. I fired up EQ a few months back using MQ2 and Kissassist and had a blast running through old expansions that I never got to play back in the day. I 5 boxed a group and played through HoT and was starting to move through VoA, just kinda playing through the quests for story and learning the lore of the land. However the reason I stopped was I started to get a little concerned about handling group missions. I read up on some of the T3 and T4 group missions in VoA and they seemed like they were going to get somewhat complex; use this book and hand it off to another player every X amount of time, don't be too close to me, don't be too far from me, do this dance or I'll blow up the ocean etc. Is it possible for me to handle these types of events and how complicated do you think it is to do so? I figure it's just going to get worse as I continue through the later expansions. Thanks for anyone's help. I really want to play some more EQ but I fear I might end up hitting a big wall with these types of events.
you can absolutely do pretty much anything you can think of - but it requires being able to handle those circumstances either by doing something like utilizing mq2events like I here with Icebound Avatar
other missions you can just completely BLAST through with bangin dps like i do here with Seeking the Sorcerer.

I recently did one of the OMM naggy raids and did a video talking about how important it is while boxing events to be able to have things setup to handle what you need when you need it.

usually if i do an encounter that I don't have mq2events setup for, I will just use a trigger for an emote happening, or manually watch for it - swap to that toon - pause them and then move them to where i need to move them to until the getout/getin/runaround or whatever is over

Ok that all seems pretty interesting with mq2events. I took a look at the mq2events page but where do I go to see all the different commands and syntax I can use in order to set up events? I see some examples there and on your videos as well so I guess I'd have to sit and look through all the different things I could set up with the commands.

@Sic This post reminded me of a guy i ran into in Resplendent Temple. I was leading some one to pillars and ran right in to him. In less than 60 seconds mage pet, mage, cleric, bard were dead. He casts a debuff that has to be removed by clicking an item before it fades or you get hit with massive nuke. It says a scroll will pop into your cursor about every 20 secs. Click it or you get deathtouched. Is this enough info? If there is an event that can handle this freak show i would run to pillars and wind a lot more.
Pledgemaster Oeslik
Test of Loyalty - A single cast STR and AGI debuff. When this is casted on a player, they will receive an item in which they must click. If they fail, they will have Disloyal cast upon them.
Disloyal Deathtouched Decrease Hitpoints by 4833219
Unwilling Pledge A single target Charm spell.

@Sic This post reminded me of a guy i ran into in Resplendent Temple. I was leading some one to pillars and ran right in to him. In less than 60 seconds mage pet, mage, cleric, bard were dead. He casts a debuff that has to be removed by clicking an item before it fades or you get hit with massive nuke. It says a scroll will pop into your cursor about every 20 secs. Click it or you get deathtouched. Is this enough info? If there is an event that can handle this freak show i would run to pillars and wind a lot more.
Pledgemaster Oeslik
Test of Loyalty - A single cast STR and AGI debuff. When this is casted on a player, they will receive an item in which they must click. If they fail, they will have Disloyal cast upon them.
Disloyal Deathtouched Decrease Hitpoints by 4833219
Unwilling Pledge A single target Charm spell.
Use mq2react. Use finditem[=itemname] as your condition and /useitem itemname for your react. Since you'll only ever have this item in inventory if you're doing the event, there's no reason not to click it immediately.

Question - Some questions about handling later content

Users who are viewing this thread

Back