• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - [Solved] More / Different Post-Patch Crashing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
3,069¢
I'm aware there's several other "I crashed because..." threads. Mods, if you want/need to stuff this in another thread, by all means.

Post-Launch, I experienced the crashing while zoning issue. Research suggested unloading mq2map. I did, and things were pretty fantastic for a while. Started experiencing some random Lua problems tonight, so I updated to v3.1.0.2032.

After updating I got to character select and crashed trying to log/zone in. Whoops, Maps and autosize were loaded. Bad on me.
Closed eq, closed MQ, manually shut autosize and maps off in the macroquest file. None of the othe rplugins Sic previously listed are on to begin with for my install, and were still off.
Reloaded MQ, logged in to character select, soon as it tries to load into the world, crash. it's 100% failure rate at this point and while I can keep doing it, I'm trying not to spam the devs with crash reports. This is an actual MQMAIN.DILL crash and not an eqgame.exe crash, which is what maps was inducing (game, not main).

Seems like something else is broken in there now.
For ref, plugins loaded were: Nav, moveutils, Lua, itemdisplay, eqbugfix, custombinds, mybuttons, autologin, collections, sqlite, dannet, easyfind, autoaccept, advpath, feedme, linkdb

Note: Loading EQ without MQ running, and then launching MQ to inject also causes this, so that's not a workout either. It's completely b0rk. I wish I had a rollback option.

1701934671492.png

Solution
I'm aware there's several other "I crashed because..." threads. Mods, if you want/need to stuff this in another thread, by all means.

Post-Launch, I experienced the crashing while zoning issue. Research suggested unloading mq2map. I did, and things were pretty fantastic for a while. Started experiencing some random LUA problems tonight, so I updated to v3.1.0.2032.

After updating I got to character select and crashed trying to log/zone in. Whoops, Maps and autosize were loaded. Bad on me.
Closed eq, closed MQ, manually shut autosize and maps off in the macroquest file. None of the othe rplugins Sic previously listed are on to begin with for my install, and were still off.
Reloaded MQ, logged in to character select, soon as it...

Post-Launch, I experienced the crashing while zoning issue. Research suggested unloading mq2map. I did, and things were pretty fantastic for a while. Started experiencing some random Lua problems tonight, so I updated to v3.1.0.2032.

Reloaded MQ, logged in to character select, soon as it tries to load into the world, crash. it's 100% failure rate at this point and while I can keep doing it, I'm trying not to spam the devs with crash reports. This is an actual MQMAIN.DILL crash and not an eqgame.exe crash, which is what maps was inducing (game, not main).

Seems like something else is broken in there now.
For ref, plugins loaded were: Nav, moveutils, Lua, itemdisplay, eqbugfix, custombinds, mybuttons, autologin, collections, sqlite, dannet, easyfind, autoaccept, advpath, feedme, linkdb

Note: Loading EQ without MQ running, and then launching MQ to inject also causes this, so that's not a workout either. It's completely b0rk. I wish I had a rollback option.

View attachment 54137
For some reason you opened the GameFace inspector, which is a debug tool and has a lot of crashes

delete the line for GameFace Inspector in your macroquest.ini to remove it.

Solution
This happened to me, too. My toons had been standing in Lobby being AFK whilst I watched TV. All of a sudden, without me doing anything, it crashes. GameFace was like this in the ini-file: GameFace Inspector=0
Removed it and will see what happens. But as far as I can tell, that line means that it (the inspector) is off.

Problem - [Solved] More / Different Post-Patch Crashing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back