• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

So I'm the new guy (1 Viewer)

Khatib

RedCents
21¢
Hi.

I quit WoW like 3 weeks ago. I still post on a couple guild forums, but no longer the WoW forums... although I didn't post there much anyways after server transferring with my guild last fall... just didn't seem like there was a point to getting to know anyone.

So anyways... I've been reading the front page stuff here for like a year now and finally got around to posting more replies with a registered account instead of as a guest, and started nosing around in this section of the forums too.

I'm a bit of a forum whore, so I'll probably be posting here a lot now that I've started and have all this free time without WoW and no other MMO in my life yet.

Just bored... so I figured I'd do a lame intro post, seeing as how you guys tend to have a really small base of 'established' posters, figured I might as well introduce myself. I tend to be opinionated and argumentative, so hopefully I don't piss anyone off too much, but you'll find out eventually I'm not totally full of shit, I just like to sling a lot of it around :)

So uh... yeah. 25 year old college dropout... live in ND... grew up on a farm in MN... that about covers it.

I don't get the whole two letter USA state abbreviation thing, MIN just sounds like it would work sooo much better. How do you figure out Minnesota from MN?
I live in Victoria, VIC, that works much better don't you think?

There's only 50 of em. It's really not that hard to work em all out when you grow up with it.

I don't get the whole letters in canadian postal codes thing. Not like you couldn't make enough combinations with just numbers in em :P

@Alihja -- MN is seriously pretty awesome, unless you're really into big, big city living. Minneapolis/St. Paul has a lot going for it, but it's just not like NY/LA or even Chicago sized. But the lakes areas are beautiful, the northlands are pretty wild and untamed in a lot of areas if that's your thing, and the Twin Cities and the state as a whole have some cool cultural things going on. Driving across the state, in most areas, is not at all a boring crappy experience like it is in a lot of parts of the country. And I couldn't imagine going without winter. I love winter. Some of the super cold spells suck, but mostly, snow kicks ass. We get to do a lot of things other people don't really get to experience, and we still get all the summer activities as well, just on a shorter schedule.

So uh... yeah. 25 year old college dropout... live in ND... grew up on a farm in MN... that about covers it.

I figured this didn't really give much on me, but I'm too lazy to get into major details... then I realized I don't have to actually do anything, I can just copy paste from somewhere where I already typed crap up. So.. here's my facebook info:

Facebook said:
Activities:
work, sleep, gaming, drinking, partying
Interests:
politics, current events, history, engineering, gaming, literature, your mother
Favorite Music:
emo /wrists
Favorite TV Shows:
Arrested Development, LOST, Deadwood, ATHF, Weeds, Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park, Scrubs, The Office (British preferred), Stella, Rescue Me
Favorite Movies:
25th Hour, Last of the Mohicans, The ORIGINAL Trilogy, Chasing Amy, Clerks, Dogma, The Butterfly Effect, Donnie Darko, Fight Club, Good Will Hunting, Indiana Jones, Last of the Mohicans, Lucky Number Slevin, Mean Girls, Orgazmo, Princess Bride, Rounders, Run Lola Run, Strange Brew
Favorite Books:
Choke, Haunted, Invisible Monsters, Lullaby, Diary, Sword of Truth Series, The Walking Drum
Favorite Quotes:

"It's time we let go of our ancient superstitions and face who we really are and accept that we have become what someone from just a hundred years ago would consider a God. We need to embrace what we're capable of, and not rely on some arcane force from above that's going to come down from the sky and make things right for us."

"What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction." - Palahniuk

“If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...Would you slow down? Or speed up?” - Palahniuk

"Let you alone! That's all very well, but how can I leave myself alone? We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?" - Bradbury

"It is a curious thing, do you know, how your mind is supersaturated with the religion in which you say you disbelieve." - Joyce

"Reading without thinking is as nothing, for a book is less important for what it says than for what it makes you think." - L'amour

"Any time is a time for thinking of women, and when they thrust the blade that takes my life I shall be thinking of women, or of a woman. If not, then death has come too late." - L'amour

"when skies are hanged and oceans drowned, the single secret will still be man" - Cummings
About Me:

I'm big. No really. Like 6'6 and stuff. But you all already know that.

Comments welcome on lit, movies, etc. I get bored... quit my job a couple weeks back and don't have a new one yet. And I just quit WoW a few weeks ago and haven't gotten into a new game yet. No job, no MMO, no income, so I'm pinchin pennies and not hitting up bars often... I mean really, that makes for one bored sumbitch right there. I've read 11 novels in about the last 3 weeks.

The Cirrus aeroplane which one of our fathers has purchased was both put through manufacture and sale in the American provence of Minnesota.

We also must note that those who supply the sucanat for our bakery reside there.

So I'm the new guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back