• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Skyfire Mesh doesnt work and looks wrong (1 Viewer)

RedCents
539¢
Hey Guys,

I produced a skyfire mesh for the expansion but when I open the mesh tool and build it, the mesh looks to be rendering below the map instead of ontop of the map. When save it and then try to use it via nav it throws errors saying it could not find x,y,z coordinates..several of them and then just goes back to range pulling. Anyone seen this with mesh files and if so is there a fix. If not, anyone got a set of mesh files that work for the xpac. Thank you in advance for your help!

Ok I see where I can set the Z plane bounding box, is that what you mean? What setting would be good for that with respect to this mesh, do you have any that work?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Its actually the Y setting that was jacked, used the slider to bring the boundary box up to match the bottom of the map with NO grey above the floor and rebuilt the mesh and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the heads up.

Having the same problem with the Y axis being too low. I'm trying to fix it, but my old laptop lags horribly when using the MeshBuilder program. I can't get the map to rotate/spin enough to see how high to set the Y axis.

Does anybody have the Y-axis min setting that works? Or a Skyfire mesh they'd share?

This is what I have and I dont have issues with Nav

I think when we set up the skyfire mesh though, we had to bring the MIN-Y up some... i dont think i generated it at default.. and i would probably have dropped my MAX-Y down too, since we dont hover 10000 feet above the ground...

but yeah seems to me that if you just did a default 'generate mesh' and save, it wouldnt work right, for whatever reason..
eqtrader74 my stuff is set as following:
Min X : -5072
Min Y: -413
Min Z: -4246
Max X: 7950
Max Y: 1077
Max Z: 7027

Problem - Skyfire Mesh doesnt work and looks wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back