• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - SK+Pally - Would you ever? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,054¢
Soooo... Just curious. Would you consider SK as main tank, Pally as secondary who offers curs, heals, rez. How would you fill out the rest of the group if you had the following.

sk/pal/Brd/Mage

I think it's interesting -- maybe berzerker + druid to make it a group of 6. Berzerker for straight DPS (physical DPS that is) and Druid for aDPS and additional heals).

edit: I only say druid as I'm not 100% sure how a pally does as the sole healer, even with SK taps

I main a SK so I'm biased. The Pal would not be my first choice as a healer. I'd go with a Shm or a Clr. I love the SK/Sham/Brd trio. Then you can pick the last three slots based on what you have. I have two groups I play with.

Melee Group: SK/Shm/Brd/Bst/Ber/Rog
Caster Group: SK/Clr/Brd/Mag/Mag/Nec

With those 4 I'd lean heavy caster group and add probably a DRU and another MAG. Maybe a NEC because I'd expect fights to take long enough for them to be solid (and also I don't like duplicates in my groups). A Wiz could also be nice, but MAG pets would help each other probably too much for that.

While I love my paladins, I would not try to lean on them as main heals. But they are beefy enough that they can splash heal / cleanse / rez etc all while getting thumped if things go bad - which is why I love them at maintanks - they can back up heal themselves if needed. But a few of the bigger heal lines later are self only. Might be time for some science!

Last edited:
With those 4 I'd lean heavy caster group and add probably a DRU and another MAG. Maybe a NEC because I'd expect fights to take long enough for them to be solid (and also I don't like duplicates in my groups). A Wiz could also be nice, but MAG pets would help each other probably too much for that.

What if i replaced bard with an Ench. Pal/SK/Enc/Dru/Mage/wiz . Would enchanter slows get the job done?

What if i replaced bard with an Ench. Pal/SK/Enc/Dru/Mage/wiz . Would enchanter slows get the job done?
ENC would definitely get it done, but I don't know if slows are what would do it. Everyone has their opinion on BRD/ENC and I think the popular opinion is BRD, but imo you can't go wrong with an ENC either. They both bring good things and will do fine.

have u thought about shaman healer? adds strong heals, strong buffs/debuffs and nice aura. if u wanted tio drop nukes or dots, it wouldnt be the same as a pallie obviously since its healing main focus, but might be a thought

ZD

My understanding (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is DRU synergizes with caster groups more than SHM. If he wanted to make a melee or pet group I think SHM would be the better choice.

The way i see it, you play what you what you want use and enjoy.

Now the fun part, does your way of playing hindered you from doing missions, raids, and other things in the game?
For me fun is also being able to do any group stuff with ease. not having 6 clerics because you love healers and crying later that you can not do anything.
Just a thought.

It can work, I've run SK and pally in same group. With the 4 you're thinking of, I would add a shm and wiz to that mix and watch stuff melt, particularly undead. The other option would be to add shm and nec, having the necro turn non undead mobs undead and watch the pally slay some stuffs.

SK Pally Bard mage rogue Shaman or cleric. I run this group sometimes it's a good group except I use the Pally as Tank because he is more defensive. I've grouped my Pally as DPS with an SK friend as MT. It's probably not as uncommon as we would think.

I ran a SK, PAL, DRU, BST, BRD, MAG.

This was a pretty fun group. I also bounced the mob's agro from SK to PAL to help as well. Extremely good group and for DPS as well.

It can work, I've run SK and pally in same group. With the 4 you're thinking of, I would add a shm and wiz to that mix and watch stuff melt, particularly undead. The other option would be to add shm and nec, having the necro turn non undead mobs undead and watch the pally slay some stuffs.
Oh! This is a super good point and synergy I forgot about. NECs can turn stuff undead so the PAL can get slays off. Good thinking @Leo

I run war,clr,pal,brd,bst,zerk as my main crew. I love my paladin. Do you know how hard it is to kill a war with a clr and a paladin in grp? Or how easy it is to recover if the cleric pulls heal agro on a huge pull and your paladin is there to rez them.. I also am very shocked at how much damage my paladin does in LS with mostly live mobs. He has been so key in my grp that my second team that has the SK for puller/dkp I want to persona into a paladin. Now I do BYOS my Paladin and SK cause I use them for pure DPS.

Question - SK+Pally - Would you ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back