• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - SK group leader and MA cant invis for some reason (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
Hiya all

Sorry if this is something silly but my SK who is the MA puller etc in my group of 6 (SK,Cleric, chanta, rogue, druid, beserker) can't invis. Group foliage and his own Gather shadows just come up with .... wont take hold. As far as I can see he is not doing any activities. Happens even when I turn KA off. Have mq2 and EQBC server on. Melee etc is of course off - is there something i am missing here?

Hiya all

Sorry if this is something silly but my SK who is the MA puller etc in my group of 6 (SK,Cleric, chanta, rogue, druid, beserker) can't invis. Group foliage and his own Gather shadows just come up with .... wont take hold. As far as I can see he is not doing any activities. Happens even when I turn KA off. Have mq2 and EQBC server on. Melee etc is of course off - is there something i am missing here?
well you'll need to determine why "won't take hold" is happening, is it saying that your gather shadows isn't overwriting your group foliage?

I originally read this and thought you were saying you were breaking your invis - but a red eq error saying "won't take hold" is eq, and it likely says why

you might want to check you're also not buff capped. worth clicking off all the Shadow of XXX fluff buffs (as the actual buff in the buff window does nothing)

you might want to check you're also not buff capped. worth clicking off all the Shadow of XXX fluff buffs (as the actual buff in the buff window does nothing)

This has happened to me a few times on my SK... take off moving the group and wonder why I caught Agro... only to figure out I was out of buff slots. Sic mentions another pro tip to click off the "visual only" buffs (from non-vis gear mainly as I recall). Took me a while to figure out that once you get the "AA" from those pieces of gear, the effect does not go away if you remove the buff (I opened my char stat window while removing the buffs).

Thanks Sic Thought it was something mq2 related but think you ere right. On a TLP server and didnt realise the buff limit was so low
nice! thanks for the followup that you figured it out. I can't tell you how helpful it is to know A: what the issue ended up being and b: that you got sorted out <3

Question - SK group leader and MA cant invis for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back