• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Implemented Site/server changelog (2 Viewers)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him
This thread includes changes to the website itself. Very old posts are likely out of date, so skip to the last page.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
  • Forums updated. The big new feature is our API, which will let us do some fun stuff with the updater. Perhaps something in-game related as well. If you have ideas let me know.
  • RedCent shop updated. This should fix some of the bugs people reported
  • Resource filters updated. This should fix the "level" bugs in the kissassist .ini section.
Please report any bugs!

Last edited:
  • Removed "One Month of Level 2 Access" from the Redcent shop. This is temporary until I get it fixed. You can still purchase for a friend, and write your own name as the friend.

• The CODE tag will now render the old format titles & languages (thank you @toadwart for reporting)
  • "ini" is now the default language for the CODE tag
  • "mule" donor button restored & working
  • Redcent Level 2 purchases completely re-written and restored, please report any issues

• Resource filters are down while we rebuild counters, this will probably take a day or so.
  • Fippy's Dark Secret removed from "What's New"
  • Patched forums with newest version that fixes some resource api issues

• Fixed the seemingly inconsistent "hey stud!" permission error for attachments & images. Thank you to @toadwart for showing me how to replicate the bug.

• Disabled discord display on mobile web browsers for performance. Please use the discord app if you're afk.

• Site updated
  • Paid resources will alert & email upon expiration
  • Paid resources may now be renewed prior to expiration on the "your licenses" page
  • Paid resources can be purchased for a friend

• You can now create labels & rules to organize conversations
  • Conversations are searchable
  • Gif search added to the editor (the book next to the emoji icon), thanks for the suggestion @Restina
    giphy.gif
  • Followers are now tracked
  • You may now see who is viewing a thread
  • Added "full screen" option to the editor
  • Alerts are now grouped to make things calmer for our more active users, and there are more options to configure them as well.

• Markdown is now converted to bbcode
  • "FAQ Templates" are used to answer common questions. Insert them by clicking this little clipboard in your editor:
    1589755891957.png
    If you'd like to improve these answers, you may edit/add them here. Private templates can be created here. This feature is a request by @Sic.

Last edited:
  • Markdown is now converted to bbcode
  • "FAQ Templates" are used to answer common questions. Insert them by clicking this little clipboard in your editor:
    View attachment 21567
    If you'd like to improve these answers, you may edit/add them here. Private templates can be created here. This feature is a request by @Sic.
KL editor was a lot of fun but my forum was very little coding where this one will make a lot of usage out of it.

• Added some red to the Red-Dark style for visibility
  • Users may no longer purchase premium plugins in "Level 2" resource categories without Level 2 access

Last edited:
  • Added a Wiki primarily for large manuals, though it can certainly be used for any collaborative document. We're running MediaWiki and using Cargo for semantic data. If you have ample time, ideas, and a passion for documentation let me know :)

• Updated forums/add-ons to current
  • Resources may now have "teams", each member has the same access as the others save for "delete".
  • Lua:
    local BBCode = function()
        print_msg('Lua added for [code] tags')
    end
  • Resource sellers may now accept several payment methods.
  • New threads in Requests and Questions are now similar to stackexchange, in that you can vote on answers and mark a best solution. If people find it helpful, we can expand it to other forums.

• Switched to Amazon SES
    If you were experiencing email issues with your @icould, @att, @university, etc. it should work once again.
The world is cruel to those who host their own mail server.

• Switched to Amazon SES
    If you were experiencing email issues with your @icould, @att, @university, etc. it should work once again.
The world is cruel to those who host their own mail server.
Yeah should have told you that a long time ago, SES for Xenforo is real easy and the way to go.

It's a pity. I enjoyed iRedMail quite a lot, and mail.redguides.com had a perfect reputation. Same IP used for years, no spam or newsletters sent, I even paid for whitelisting and begged att to remove us from their blocklists.

It's a pity. I enjoyed iRedMail quite a lot, and mail.redguides.com had a perfect reputation. Same IP used for years, no spam or newsletters sent, I even paid for whitelisting and begged att to remove us from their blocklists.
Yeah that's a real strong reputation and not easy to do at all. I was constantly struggling with trying to ensure we didn't get blocked by any majors. The problem is more often that rather than changing settings like unsubscribing users often just mark it as spam and then it gets flagged too many times at a specific vendor like ATT and they don't fix it easily.

• Everyone may now lock & unlock their own threads (unless locked by a moderator)
  • Users can hide their online status (Level 2)
  • Users may ban specific users from replying to a thread they started (Level 2)

• You can now install RedGuides as a PWA on most mobile and desktop browsers. It's pretty fast.
  • The questions forum is now similar to stack-exchange, and I'd like to follow a similar philosophy. If you see a question that's a duplicate of an earlier question, please link the previous question. Trusted users will have some light moderation abilities in this forum as well.
  • We now have a dedicated requests forum, Suggestions. If there's a request you like, upvote it.
  • Some prefix & forum cleanup which will be in progress for another day or two.

Last edited:
  • Added the "Command Index" to the wiki, a dynamic page of /commands. I use it while playing as I have a terrible memory.
  • Marked a bunch of plugin resources as "Unmaintained", deleted some that we don't plan to support going forward.
  • Updated documentation for almost every plugin, including their TLOs and Data Types. I parsed from source so everything should be current. Thank you to dannuic, brainiac, et. al who were patient enough to teach me what these are and how to find them.

Last edited:
  • Small animation added for online status
  • Search optimized a bit for forums & wiki, will now suggest certain terms. It's not ideal as we're locked into an hold version of ElasticSearch, hopefully there's an upgrade path later this year.

Last edited:
  • Added two-step verification options.
  • You can now view your login IPs and active sessions at the same page linked above.
  • Currently only admins can change your email. This is temporary, please contact if you need an email change now.

Last edited:
Implemented Site/server changelog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back