• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Shield Type - 5 Augs.. LDON AC or new CoV ones ? (1 Viewer)

Smokeybear72

Only YOU can prevent forest fires !
RedCents
5,020¢
The LDON aug adds Pure 35 AC to the Shield, but the CoV augs, the Vigor and Adroitness btw fit into Shields $$

So we are wondering with many of our Knights pressing 10k AC, if all those juicy H-Stats are better served then a mere 35 ac?
Yes, I am aware its pure AC added that is not effected by Soft Caps, but does it add to Shield Block etc moreso then all the H-Stat boosts ?

1610332528477.pngL

Attachments

• 1610332277048.png
    1610332277048.png
    605.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
you want that frosty gem in your slot 3 slot 5 --- if you're using a shield you prolly want it to be doing tank stuff

Last edited:
Well it doesn't go in slot 3. It goes in slot 5. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any AC augs that go into slot 3. There are barely any stat augs for type 3. But yes go get the mission. You can probably solo it with any toon you have, so no need to bring everyone with you and get the lockout.
yeah i misspoke there

The main question is down to all the H-Stat bonuses vs 35 ac .. normally I would say not a chance as H-Stats at this level now are a ton more, based on so many of us way past Soft Cap AC etc. and is there a difference between 9,850 ac and 9,885 ac? .. no , but I am unsure how the bonus on a Shield does vs the added chance to Accuracy, Riposte, Dodge, HP etc that the standard Type-5 today offers.

The main question is down to all the H-Stat bonuses vs 35 ac .. normally I would say not a chance as H-Stats at this level now are a ton more, based on so many of us way past Soft Cap AC etc. and is there a difference between 9,850 ac and 9,885 ac? .. no , but I am unsure how the bonus on a Shield does vs the added chance to Accuracy, Riposte, Dodge, HP etc that the standard Type-5 today offers.
Shield AC isn't part of your softcap, it effectively increases it.... that being said I have no idea if +80 heroic is better than 35ac or not.

If I wasn't maining a Warrior I'd probably have found out by now, but gimmie mo hDex and dual wield all day long

In the context of a warrior, on principle, I would choose AC in the shield slot because I only ever have a shield equipped if I'm doing high level tanky stuff like raiding or difficult missions. For everyday group content, I am usually using a 2-hander, even if tagged as the group tank.

The real answer is that you would probably not notice any appreciable difference if you parsed out fights with AC vs fights with hStats.

Shield ac is unaffected by ac soft cap where most other slots contribute to the soft cap

Yeah, that is where it is unclear what the difference might be.

1. Does Shield AC have any bearing on Shield Blocking?
2. Does Shield AC only just add onto your total AC and that number is what each hit is calculated at, or does the Shield AC take off a certain % off the initial hit, then the rest of your AC is calculated?
IE Mob attacks and hits shield at 600ac .. 10,000 dmg, but Shield takes away 60% so only 4000 gets through and then hits armor AC of 1000, which reduces attack to 3000 dmg.
#2 Mob attacks and hits shield with 700 AC .. 10,000 shield takes away 70%, so 3000 gets through, his ac of 1000, so attack strikes for 2000 dmg.

If all of it just adds to total AC and +35 ac added to 10,000 AC .. that really isn't worth much and the additional H-Stats Dex or h-Agi would do better in its place.

Ac reduces top damage. Rest of the mitigation formula checks other stuff. Hagi adds to the secondary part of the equation where hdex is also. Imo the ac is better than a heroic stat in that slot only cause it's either 35ac or 80+ to a heroic stat that won't add as much mitigation

Question - Shield Type - 5 Augs.. LDON AC or new CoV ones ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back