• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Shaman not enough to heal? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
472¢
I've been contemplating to modify my group setup, because I feel the shaman isn't up to par to keep everyone alive in endgame content, especially in missions with lots of AE's. I succeed in boxing missions like Griklor, restless assault and Zlandicar, but not the Call or Icebound avatar. I haven't even attempted ToL or NoS missions yet, nevermind LS. I did try to run Grind in ToL, but my Sk got pounded into the ground several times when he engages 2 mobs together. It's also a bitch to recover if for some reason my shammy gets killed, which happens more often than I'd like.

My setup:
Sk, zerker, shammy, beast, bard, rogue
zerker 125, the rest 124
all have LS T1 visibles, Sk has all slots LS T1 (except charm)
all running CWTN except for bard (KA)

So I was thinking about replacing the SK with a clr and the bst with a warrior, so the shammy can be used more for slow and dps (and patch heals), while the clr keeps the war alive.

Would that be an improvement? Or should I just stick with the sk and keep working on the gear and aa's, and eventually I'll reach a point where I can handle end-game content?

I think your problem is more AAs and gear then anything else
Get that tank the best augs/gear you can farm before moving up
You lose a lot of stats on missing augs
toons at 125 with so so gear will get squished quick
Tank AAs are a must as well dont skimp on them
I run same group but 2 ROGs - dont have any problems

So I was thinking about replacing the SK with a clr and the bst with a warrior, so the shammy can be used more for slow and dps (and patch heals), while the clr keeps the war alive.

Would that be an improvement? Or should I just stick with the sk and keep working on the gear and aa's, and eventually I'll reach a point where I can handle end-game content?

It would be a huge mistake to replace the SK with a Warrior.
You need to make sure that SK has the right gear and Augs it needs.
And please do not replace the shammy with a cleric.

If you feel the need to replace one of your char, I would take the zerker out and put the cleric in.

AA's are huge must for Shaman as a main healer. Ignoring AA's to level up to max level is a big mistake. Make sure you max AA's every 5 levels post 115. Aug's and AA's are a must tanks.

I've been contemplating to modify my group setup, because I feel the shaman isn't up to par to keep everyone alive in endgame content, especially in missions with lots of AE's. I succeed in boxing missions like Griklor, restless assault and Zlandicar, but not the Call or Icebound avatar. I haven't even attempted ToL or NoS missions yet, nevermind LS. I did try to run Grind in ToL, but my Sk got pounded into the ground several times when he engages 2 mobs together. It's also a bitch to recover if for some reason my shammy gets killed, which happens more often than I'd like.

My setup:
Sk, zerker, shammy, beast, bard, rogue
zerker 125, the rest 124
all have LS T1 visibles, Sk has all slots LS T1 (except charm)
all running CWTN except for bard (KA)

This is one of my groups exact setup and I have no issues at all with shaman healer. Like other's have said, AA's on the shaman is a must have and makes a massive difference.

Ok, I'll keep at it for now. Since both need about 60% to get to 125, I'm just going to keep working on the lvl, then I'll switch to aa's.
I'll keep farming griklor and zlandicar to get the type 5 augs, most type 7 slots are filled. Maybe I should work on hunter in ToV, CoV to get some extra (and better) augs.

The hero fort AA go a long way as well. I run a war shm zerk beast mage and bard in tov currently haven’t had any issues at all solo healing with shaman. However all my toons are max AA wich is a ton of extra healing

Maybe you should consider swapping your SK for a Warrior then with a Warrior and Cleric you have the begining of a box raider setup. Do whatever you want. But the Shaman is good enough for everyone else.

Shaman is definitely enough, mine keeps my Warrior up easily in all content. Should be a doddle by comparison with an SK that can also heal itself.

This is certainly a settings / gear issue, rather than a Class one.

Is a Cleric better at healing? sure... but that's like chopping carrots with a chainsaw

You’re squishy. That’s all. But it’ll change over time.

Swap out the bard for an enchanter and in annex keep I had that exact same group and a pathing issue that brought the whole damn castle on me. Shaman, ench, and sk lived with 20+ mobs…

Campfires and/or battle rezzed and eventually cleared the camp.

Shaman was plenty. He’s max aa’d SK is nearly max as well in t3 LS

Question - Shaman not enough to heal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back